Day 1 - October 21st

morkkel

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little busy this weekend and didn't get to log on. Jesmarie...glad you're okay and hanging in there. Car trouble alway stinks...really anything I didn't "plan" for usually is enough to throw me into a state of "munching to cope with anxiety".

Spent 7hrs food prepping...granted, there was some pumpkin carving & running a load of laundry, AND washing dishes so that I could prep more food mixed in there...but that's a long afternoon in the kitchen. The first 4.5hrs weren't so bad...listened to Pandora and prepped my little heart away...by the 6hr mark, I was getting a little cranky. Plus I was so busy prepping, I hadn't really stopped to eat dinner. As it is, I still ended up going to bed late (which didn't help). All in all, a long day...but I've at least got a few things ready for the week. Doubled up on the meat for my pot roast & roasted root veggies. Several servings of Cauliflower-Avocado-Parsnip soup w/ scallops ready to go (had some for breakfast this morning!), some of Nom Nom Paleo's Spicy Tuna Cakes (will be making more b/c those little guys are DELISH!), and a winter kale & persimmon salad (which I sadly left the citrus vinaigrette at home for...so it will have to sit tight until tomorrow or tonight). The roast should get us through a couple days. I also have some leftover "Well Fed" Chocolate chili  (w/ a little avocado & baby spinach) that I'm having for lunch today. All in all, a good start to the week, I think. Just need to get to bed on time tonight.

I have noticed (the multiple times that I've watched someone enjoying a dessert) that I don't really have a TASTE craving for those foods. It really is all behavioral/emotional. I want the dark chocolate cake that my husband is eating b/c I remember enjoying it in the past and I remember how it made me FEEL. Granted, it tastes good too...but that's not where my yearning is coming from. Knowing that actually makes it easier to abstain now. So, YAY!

Anyway...Good Luck on Week 2 everyone!! :D

I'm just now chiming in after reading the Forum more...I too started on Oct 21st and am doing very well.  I have enjoyed cooking, always have, some new recipes and trying some new foods and veggies.  I needed to make changes and eat better.  After losing my/our 21 yr old daughter 3 1/2 yrs ago I lost 50 lbs...which I needed to do plus 25 more...but this past yr I gained 10lbs back after hitting 50 and drinking too much alcohol.  I need to break that bad habit, eating sweets and also drinking too much coffee and sugary creamer.  I found a coconut milk creamer recipe and it is good and I have been enjoying it in Chai tea and coffee once.  I thought not drinking alcohol would be the hardest for me...but so far so good.  

I feel empowered...making these life changes for the better.

Soooo...Let's Do This!!

PS...My daughter was in an ATV accident and was 6 wks shy of graduating from SFA State University...they graduated her posthumously...Hospitality Management...with honors because she earned them.  Sorry, had to add...proud Mom.

Frustrated today, had a really bad morning and all I want is a damn chewy cookie and to take the afternoon off and have a few glasses of wine. Or at least a drink after work. These are the days I certainly don't want to be on the whole 30. Jesmarie - same type of situation as you - awful accident with the bf, awaiting to see if everyone is okay still, financial and possible lawsuit issues. Plus my iron still isn't up so again have to go and do 2 more months of IV injections. I am just frustrated. I know my life is good and I know some have it worse than me, but I don't have my emotional food support right now, so didn't really know where else to vent. Sorry for the whining...

JK - With you on the food prep, and I didn't even get all my meals done. I went from this blog called :Stuff I make my husband - I followed her whole 30, with a few recipe omits. Let me just say, the carrot souffle tastes like pumpkin pie! It really is good, and I think I'll make it for Thanksgiving.

Welcome Texan - glad to have you here! You can definitely do it!

Robert - glad you are in the clear - that is awesome!

Frustrated today, had a really bad morning and all I want is a damn chewy cookie and to take the afternoon off and have a few glasses of wine. Or at least a drink after work. These are the days I certainly don't want to be on the whole 30. Jesmarie - same type of situation as you - awful accident with the bf, awaiting to see if everyone is okay still, financial and possible lawsuit issues. Plus my iron still isn't up so again have to go and do 2 more months of IV injections. I am just frustrated. I know my life is good and I know some have it worse than me, but I don't have my emotional food support right now, so didn't really know where else to vent. Sorry for the whining...

JK - With you on the food prep, and I didn't even get all my meals done. I went from this blog called :Stuff I make my husband - I followed her whole 30, with a few recipe omits. Let me just say, the carrot souffle tastes like pumpkin pie! It really is good, and I think I'll make it for Thanksgiving.

Thanks Morkkel...sorry about the accident and pray everyone is ok...just hang in there...you can do this without wine today. ( Wino's United...lol)

When you have time would like to know where you found your Carrot Souffle recipe.  Thanks!

Thank you Robert and Tex...Tex - it feels nice to know there's another wine-o in the house and you're right, I can do this without wine!

Robert, I loved your statement...made me smile and feel a bit like Braveheart - minus the horse and painted face! Haha!

I know in the grand scheme of things life is not as hard as I want to make it out to be at times, but it sure feels nice writing it to strangers then saying it aloud to people who know me! How weird is that! I guess it's cause for those who know me - they'd say, "yes, let's just go grab a glass of wine...it's been a rough day!" 

Moving on from my pity party - I will let you know how my iron levels fair! So the recipes, I got from this site: http://blog.stuffimakemyhusband.com/p/whole30-oamc-freezer-menu.html

and the carrot souffle specifically was this: http://blog.stuffimakemyhusband.com/2012/09/blueberry-breakfast-sausage-coconut.html

It's very light and airy (probably because of the eggs). I wouldn't mind a more dense version either, then it'd really be like pie! I can't believe it's carrots though!

I went to a housewarming party Saturday night with the most beautiful and unlimited array of food and adult beverages imaginable.  I could consume none of it.  I knew what I was walking into and mentally and physically prepared.  My wife served as an excellent wingman for me.  First, I made a sprint for the bar as soon as we arrived to grab my first (of 5) faux cocktails -- club soda with a lemon -- to avoid the onslaught of "what can I get you to drink?"  And then grabbed a plate and covered it with a few bread crumbs, a broken up chip, and a wadded up napkin to avoid the "what can I get you to eat?"  Armed with these decoys, we had a fantastic time.  After 5 club sodas and a few trips to the bathroom for "keep it together man" moments, we exited the party in good style (and very well hydrated to boot).  I felt wonderful Sunday morning having successfully run that gauntlet of temptation.  

Week 2! Yesterday's meal prep was pushed to today. Unexpected day off, woo! I love getting a big shop on a weekday morning while everyone else is at work. I did work up a nice curry with leftovers. Steak was also on offer, so we had a lovely lazy day followed by steak for dinner. Not much better than that ;)

Thanks for the recipe links morkkel...Will be trying them this week!

And Robert... I ditto you're being a genius with your party tricks.  I just took my own food, small dinner party, and passed on wine and dessert...but then of course had to explain why.  I'm stealing your tricks for next time.

I'm stealing your tricks for next time.

Other good tricks employed Saturday:

While clutching my stomach, I whispered to the hosts, "Man that food was awesome.  I may go back for thirds.  Who is your caterer?"

After chugging the last of my five water and lemon fauxtails, I slurred loudly to the host, "Looks like the Missus is going to be driving me home tonight."

Spent 7hrs food prepping...granted, there was some pumpkin carving & running a load of laundry, AND washing dishes so that I could prep more food mixed in there...but that's a long afternoon in the kitchen. The first 4.5hrs weren't so bad...listened to Pandora and prepped my little heart away...by the 6hr mark, I was getting a little cranky. Plus I was so busy prepping, I hadn't really stopped to eat dinner. As it is, I still ended up going to bed late (which didn't help). All in all, a long day...but I've at least got a few things ready for the week. Doubled up on the meat for my pot roast & roasted root veggies. Several servings of Cauliflower-Avocado-Parsnip soup w/ scallops ready to go (had some for breakfast this morning!), some of Nom Nom Paleo's Spicy Tuna Cakes (will be making more b/c those little guys are DELISH!), and a winter kale & persimmon salad (which I sadly left the citrus vinaigrette at home for...so it will have to sit tight until tomorrow or tonight). The roast should get us through a couple days. I also have some leftover "Well Fed" Chocolate chili  (w/ a little avocado & baby spinach) that I'm having for lunch today. All in all, a good start to the week, I think. Just need to get to bed on time tonight.

I have noticed (the multiple times that I've watched someone enjoying a dessert) that I don't really have a TASTE craving for those foods. It really is all behavioral/emotional. I want the dark chocolate cake that my husband is eating b/c I remember enjoying it in the past and I remember how it made me FEEL. Granted, it tastes good too...but that's not where my yearning is coming from. Knowing that actually makes it easier to abstain now. So, YAY!

@ JK...Totally relate....I''ll whine later but for now...totally understand your hours in the kitchen.  Oh and  I love your food ideas.  In fact, I was wondering if you guys would like to share what you're make so we can give each other ideas.  I'm going to definitely look up the tuna cakes and citrus vinaigrette!  And CONGRATULATIONS on your learning and success!!!

I'm just now chiming in after reading the Forum more...I too started on Oct 21st and am doing very well.

@ Travelin.....so glad to have you join us and congratulations on the hard work your daughter was able to do.  I'm sad for your loss and am amazed that you were able to lose weight despite it.  Pretty amazing and inspiring!

@ Morkkel - sorry to hear you've had a bad morning!  I'm hoping by now you're feeling a little better.  Yes, yes, yes...keep us posted on your iron.  Didn't know it was an issue for you.  :(  But if its any consolation (and you may know this already) iron levels do not respond rapidly to oral supplements or food.  It takes about a month for oral supplementation (and that's assuming you never miss a dose) to see changes in your numbers.  Don't know if that helps or is redundant....but wanted you to have some consolation for the requirement of endurance!

Oh and - as far as feeling like life isn't that hard compared to others....well...it's all simply relative.  As we say in medicine....Major surgery vs. minor surgery depends on if it's happening to me or you.  Hand in there.  It's your burden so it's a 'big deal' because you have to carry the load. 

@ Robert.  I would just like to say your are officially my party hero.  I am amazed at your creative wisdom.  The balled up napkin on the plate?  Could you be any more brilliant?!!!

Ok..on to my major whine (not to be confused by wine) fest. 

Saturday - Got up and did the grocery shopping thing.  Usually do this on Sunday, however found that I was in need earlier than usual so off I went.  Spent the next several hours preparing food for what I had hoped was several days until family members decided they also liked the way it looked.  Really?  Now?  7 hours later and you want to eat my food!!!!  I also understand the issue with forgetting to eat when you're busy cooking because it feels like if you stop the flow..you'll just get behind.  Alas.  So over the weekend I've made:

Salmon cakes

Cioppino

Egg, dill, leek, zucchini, spinach, artichoke frittata

Roasted Cauliflower

Roasted Butternut squash

Sautéed green beans tossed with clarified butter, and a very few toasted pecans and cranberries

Sweet potato cauliflower mashed 'potato'

Sweet potato fries

I've also loaded my refrigerator with some artichokes, lettuce, roasted tomatoes, olives

And the cupboards with Tuna and canned salmon (remember I'm not a meat eater - sorry guys)

There.  Done for the week.  NOT!  The Cioppino lasted 5 meals. The egg dish will last the week.  The Salmon cakes will last four meals.

Ok...so I counted 21 meals with protein this week.  Minus the egg dish - that knocks it down to 14.  Subtract the 5 Cioppino and the 4 Salmon cakes....I'll be eating some tuna salads a few times this week.  Hey - maybe I'll make those Nom Nom tuna cakes! 

Survival is going to take creative cooking and a  LOT fewer hours in the kitchen.

But on the good side...well kind of.....I have been baking all day today (yes more kitchen stuff) to get some care packages sent off, and prepare for an annual harvest party we have every year for children and an annual big pre-Thanksgiving dinner we have at church.  What does this means.  Not so loosely translated it means...ready for it?....Caramel apples (yes, homemade caramel), pecan squares (more caramel), assorted Greek pastries, and sweet bread.  A carbohydrate junkies dream come true. 

Here's the clicker.  I wasn't even tempted.  Not once.  I finally have started to turn the corner with my cold and so either because of that or because of the program or a little of both, I'm feeling a bit like you did JK.  It just wasn't calling me.  In fact, I was thinking about it today as I was driving to the store AGAIN, how we can become a victim to food.  Not only does it control us.  But it beats our body and our minds down.  We get into the pattern of victim because we believe we need to stay that way, that this is normal.  I remember Amber (I think) asking if the cookie I was craving on day two had super powers.  You know the answer to that is yes.  It has super powers because I've given it super powers.  And instead of using it's super powers for good like Batman...it's a bit more like the Joker.  Go figure. 

One other discovery is the soda issue.  I still miss my soda, don't get me wrong.  But today was the first day I craved water in ages.  I've been drinking water and I've found a treat beverage (sparkling water).  Today I actually was able to say, no I want plain water, not the sparkling stuff.  This is amazing because when I drink diet soda, I never crave water.  Ever.  And finally, last but not least...where did all this energy come from?  It started yesterday.  I thought for sure I'd come home and want to take a nap after a long morning out.  I sat for 15 minutes and just refused to waste the day.  Today, at 6:30a.m. ON MY DAY OFF, I was sending e-mails to work.....talking myself out of getting up and going grocery shopping because I should be sleeping in ON MY DAY OFF!  Oh my goodness. 

So all is good right?  Well yes and no.  Great learning.  But I have a dilemma - or maybe a question.  I feel like I've gained weight.  I'm not stepping on the scale in compliance with the program and in truth, I really have no desire to step on the scale.  I really am happy to focus on what I want and crave and eat accordingly/ according to whole 30.  I can't figure out why I feel/look a little more bloated than usual.  I know that in the past when I have lost weight, I have experienced that feeling of being overweight only when I was losing it. (I know odd) Which tells me that our perceptions alter all the way around when we aren't eating as best we could.  You know what I mean?  You know..you eat poorly, you gain weight, you gain more weight, and then a bit more when you decide ENOUGH, must do something.  So you make a change and you lose weight and only then, do you recognize *in your body* (not in your mind) that you have gained weight.  If that makes any sense at all....I'm not sure if this is part of it or if it's something else...but I truly looked in the mirror and thought "wow my face looks bloated and rounder than usual".  It's not a water retention issue as far as I can tell for sure. 

If anyone has any ideas on this one, let me know!

Other than this little frustration, and the fact that my feet refuse to tolerate my body standing upright to cook any more for at least a few days is my beginning of week 2.  So happy to be here at least!

And one other question.  Is anyone else partnering the food changes with workouts?  if so, what are you doing and how often?  I've been avoiding all last week (well, being honest all last year  :) ) because of my cold.  Not sure what is recommended on the whole 30 and would like to get going again!

Happy day 9 everyone!!!

Morkkel,

My goodness you're not whining at all. Please vent away it's what we're here for! Sending you and yours love and prayers in this time of need. Try snuggling up with some tea instead. It helped with my fried nerves this evening. That and some indulgent TV shows… ha!  

You all are just wonderful! Jesmarie - I did snuggle up with some tea last night!! It really was perfect for the cooler faller weather and I didn't miss my wine too much! I added some pointless shows in (Revenge and Eastbound and down) and the indulgence did help me relax!! Some nights we need that I guess!

Greek to me - Yes...Iron supplementing...grr - I've been supplementing about a year with my recent dosage as 3 x 65mg pills and 2x 10 mg shots of the liquid when I said, I have to try something new - hence the whole 30. I've had low iron since this pesky little cancer came about 3 years ago (totally fine now), so I think I'm annoyed with the poking and prodding - maybe if they stopped all the blood tests my iron would be normal! Hahaha! I guess I just think there's something more. I need to go to a holistic doc, but they aren't covered under insurance (go figure)! I want to figure it out so I don't have to over supplement - you all are healthy so I know you get it. The last time I did infusions, it did help for a few weeks, so hopefully with the infusions and my lack of gluten, my body will absorb a bit better! I will keep you posted!

Robert - you are hilarious! I loved the party idea!! How do we still feel peer pressure at this age anyway? I am definitely using your tricks... too funny!

Greek to me - do you think that it's just a change in your digestive system and once it catches up the bloat and any extra weight will leave? I know it takes a bit for the body to adjust. Maybe search the forums and give it another week or so... Have you been "regular"? You certainly don't need to answer, but my body (I think) is still adjusting and hasn't started functioning normally in that department. 

Nice job on avoiding soda too! And craving water!! That's awesome! I notice that I see stuff (i.e. mini halloween candy bars) and though I don't crave them, I am slowly realizing I never did crave them. I just eat them because they're there. For no other reason then that. They're there and I'm bored, or want to procrastinate and so I was literally eating an equivalence of a candy bar daily at work with these minis! Glad to be walking by them now. 

As for meal planning - my food never seems to last long and I also don't  know what to do - I feel like I'm already spending hours in the kitchen, then whatever time I spend cooking for the week. So I am with you there Greek to me! I am so stealing your green bean with cranberries and almond recipe - I really need more veggies! What are the rest of you doing veggie wise?

I made most of the recipes from the blog I posted earlier (Stuff I make my husband). Last night we ate the pork, apple, and sauerkraut slow cooker meal and it was good. I actually could've added more sauerkraut as it cooked down so much! The curry zucchini boats were good (I used beef instead of lamb) and we will be eating those again tonight. Tomorrow night I'll attempt the easy thai curry!

What are you all doing for exercise? I enjoy running, but have felt overly lazy lately. Like this morning - it's raining and though I normally enjoy rain running I have decided to write this book of a post and drink coffee instead...

Let's see if I can catch up with everyone...

Welcome @Traavelin Texan! My sincere condolences on your daughter's passing. Congrats on doing well on the program so far. Keep it up!

@RobertAZ -- I, too, am amused & impressed by your party skills. I'm taking notes!

@Morkkel -- I ran into one of those afternoons last week. My husband actually questioned what the Whole30 calendar said the day was supposed to be. Whatever it was, I recall it not lining up. You're doing fine, though! Hang in there...there will be ups & downs. Thanks for the heads up on the souffle, btw...I will be checking that out! We're heading to Iowa for family Thanksgiving and I want to have a couple good recipes up my sleeve. Even though Whole 30 will technically be over by then, the extended family is notorious for pie buffets and everything cheesy and/or creamy. lol. I will need to be properly armed!

@GreektoMe -- I'm all for sharing recipes...the more options I have, the better off I'll be. I'm big on finding crock pot recipes right now, simply for ease of prep/limited time. Here's a good place to start, if you happen to be on Pinterest -- I started a Whole 30 only food board: http://www.pinterest.com/jkstarcher/food-whole30/

And nomnompaleo posted a full 30 days of Whole30 recipes. She also has an iPad app that is really top notch! 

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/42057515329/the-round-up-30-days-of-whole30-recipes

I got the Spicy Tuna Cakes and Winter Kale & Persimmon Salad w/ Citrus Vinaigrette from her app/site. Next up is her Slow Cooker Cheater Pork Stew.

Thankfully, while my husband will eat the first main meal with me, if leftovers are limited, he has been kind enough to check with me first before having any of them.  Regarding your weight gain...looking at my calendar, it appears that days 8 & 9 are "....my pants are TIGHTER!". So apparently that's a normal phase to be in? I, too, have been tempted to step on the scale, but I'm not going to. I had my trainer take my stats (BF%, weight, measurements, etc.) on about day 3. I asked him not to show me any of the data b/c I have a habit of getting "stuck on the numbers". I'm just asking him to track and at the end of the 30 days, we will check again and he will give me a brief overview of where I improved, without giving specifics. Until then...no checking. I'm still half tempted to take my scale to the gym and go "Office Space" on it with a sledge hammer. It never has been a friend of mine. lol. I will make sure video or photos are taken of the event, should it come to pass.

And with regard to workouts...I have worked out from the start, but then I was working out beforehand (3x/week) regularly for awhile. I go for anywhere between 30-60 minutes depending on the workout posted...rowing, kettlebell work, rope slams, ski machine, body weight work (push-ups, pull-ups, walking lunges, etc.) -- a good mix of weights and no weight. They're solid workouts. As such, I've made sure to always have a pre-workout snack (even if it's just 1 hardboiled egg) to make sure I'm fueled. The biggest change for me has been not having my usual post-workout protein shake. Now, I make sure I have food handy. Yesterday it was a couple spicy tuna cakes. If anything, I feel like I might be performing a little better...a little more energy...even at the dreaded 6am class. Right now, I go 3 days consistently...sometimes 4. And then I try to run at least once per week (only 3 miles max)

Anyway...I remembered my citrus vinaigrette this morning, so I started my morning with the Winter Kale & Persimmon salad (w/ a very few sliced almonds)...it was literally, kale, persimmon, almonds & dressing. I honestly didn't have high hopes that it would be satisfying...but something about the tartness of the dressing and the sweet, slight crunch of the persimmon, and then the kale...perfect combination of flavors! And then I topped it off with 3 of those spicy little tuna cakes. Totally satisfied!!  Energy-wise...feeling pretty good today. Pants feel neither looser or tighter, so I'm not lingering on that subject. Supposedly tomorrow & Thursday are supposed to be "The Hardest Days"...when you are most likely to quit. I honestly don't see that even being a consideration based on how I'm feeling today...but I guess we'll see. I don't think my body has really followed the timeline very well.

With that said...keep up the good work everyone!!

- Jen

And with regard to workouts...I have worked out from the start, but then I was working out beforehand (3x/week) regularly for awhile. I go for anywhere between 30-60 minutes depending on the workout posted...rowing, kettlebell work, rope slams, ski machine, body weight work (push-ups, pull-ups, walking lunges, etc.) -- a good mix of weights and no weight. They're solid workouts. If anything, I feel like I might be performing a little better...a little more energy...even at the dreaded 6am class. 

Strong work JK.  I am also hitting it 4x per week -- similar programme.  Over the weekend (days 6 and 7) I could not muster the energy to outrun my speedy 4 year old son in a game of tag (normally a simple task for me) -- I was physically drained.  Sooo tired.  I steered far clear of anything remotely representing a workout.  Yesterday (day 8) was the first day I felt the turbo charger slowly starting to kick in and I had a fantastic workout.  I agree with JK, performing a little better ... a little more energy.  So my sense is we may be turning the corner.  If you are inclined to move your body or lift objects, now is the time to jump in the ring ... walk, run, squat, lift, jump, stretch, peddle, paddle, whatever ... just try and move at whatever level you're comfortable ... and smile.   :)

Here is a question for Team October 21.

I am taking my 4 year old son for a day trip to Disneyland on November 7.  Day trip to Disneyland?  I know, I know.

Now to the real issue. Disneyland -- the Mothership of every form of non-compliant food and drink imaginable.  <shiver shiver>

Unfortunately, my well-received party tricks for staying compliant at a cocktail party will be completely useless against the dark power of the Magic Kingdom.  I expect that everywhere I turn there will be a giant Mouse chasing me with a barrel of cheese or a Duck jamming mounds ice cream and cake in my face.  And then there will be the Pirates splashing large goblets of red wine across my bow.  Sodas, candy, chocolate, junk and more junk ...

Tips, tricks, traps, advice?

Help me Team O21 get in and out of the Magic Kingdom without cracking!

With fear and trepidation,

Robert

OMGoodness...I had a nice post going...pushed  the wrong button...lost it...I hate getting old!!  (Must have needed to be condensed for your sakes...lol)  

So here is the short version:  Thanks for the kind words about Lauren...I don't recommend the "death diet plan".  We created Lauren Alston Foundation (LAF) that provides college scholarships...to continue her legacy of helping others.  You can ck it out at www.laurenalston.com if you want..hope it is ok to post this.  You will not hear anymore from me about it...I know we all have struggles to deal with...and this forum is for us on our Whole30 journey.   :)

I too enjoy new recipes and love crock pot cooking too.  My Mom has a Paleo crock pot recipe book she is passing on to me...I will ck it out and see what recipes I can share.    I tried Meat and Spinach Muffins...from Melissa's Eat Well I think.  Way too much spinach for me...even with me cutting it some before making. I do like spinach but it was all I tasted...Will cut it to 1- 2  10oz boxes and add more onion, some bell peppers and mushrooms for more veggies. I also added 5 eggs not the 3.  Don't mean to sound like I'm trashing her recipe..but am finding that it is all about tweaking recipes to what suits you or ingredients you have on hand.  I do recommend it for making a dozen, freeze some for another day and handheld "eat on the go" if needed.  I discovered a new recipe with leftover roasted acorn squash.  I pulled it out for breakfast veggies.  Hmmm...what to do with it...it was cold...I made little patties that I patted in coconut flakes and "fried" in a little coconut oil...Hmmmm.  Is this SWYPO?...hope not cause I don't fry food or crave it.

I'm printing and trying the Spicy Tuna Cakes and Green Beans with Cranberries...both sound yummy!  I am making my own cookbook from online recipes with notes on changes or additions or perfect as is.   ;)

We travel in our RV lots, hence the name, and I had been walking while in FL for 2 months... no convenient place for the 2 wks home...convenient excuse huh...lol.  We leave Fri for Wine Country...Winos United pray for me...haha.  Decided since almost 2 wks in by time we leave I will just wait and start walking and weight training after the 30 days.  Want to see what changes come from just the new way of eating.

And Robert..with the holidays coming up...ALL of your party tricks will be deployed by me...haha.  Starting with a Halloween party comin up...I will hold all of Hubby's empty candy wrappers...and show them while patting my "aching" belly...perfect!!

I'm feeling great...Happy Tuesday....Let's journey on....

OMGoodness..I did it again...lost it...gotta get off my Kindle HD to a computer...where I can type for real!

Robert...never fear...your Maties are here to help you do Disney...arrrgggggg!

Sounds like fun and  the weather will be fantastic!  Took our kids back in 2000 but can't remember what the policy is on taking in your own food or drink...say in a backpack...or stash your "booty" on your body.  (Sure hope I'm getting these pirate words correct...if not that last bit sounds weird)

How about the Meat and Spinach Muffins  I mentioned in my post, tweaked to your liking, they are good room temp and portable.  What about some jerky and cut up veggies.

I know Disney is used to dietary restrictions, since they have visitors from around the world, so ck out online their restaurants...I'm sure they have them broken into categories like vegetarian, etc...and might even describe ingredients or how things are cooked.

It's one day of fun.  You can do this...don't eat the junk...it will make you feel bad mentally and physically. 

I think I spy that junky pirate ship sailing off with the bad booty on it.  (I'm so not good at this...haha)

Leaving you with the most precious jewels...a beautiful day with your Son...making memories for a lifetime.

Evening gang!

Ok, it's official.  I'm entering the zone you've been in.  The BAD DAY zone.  I'm not sure if my car heater is acting up, or it's just suddenly quieter, or I just can't hear because my ears are so plugged.  But if it's the car...then I see $ going out the window.  I'm right up there with you! 

Robert, wow...you're a good person to do an OVERNIGHT???? to Disneyland.  Wow.  Umpa Lumpa land in 24 hours.  You're a brave soul.

For me the biggest problem would be being surrounded by ALL those options of food that you are choosing not to eat.  Maybe if you tell yourself that after your reintroduction, and personal test on what works for you and what sets you off, you can promise yourself a trip back just to enjoy those things you feel like you're missing.  Sometimes I find half my craving is the thought "I'll never get this again!".  False.

@Travelin...hey I've done the retype thing a bazillion times.  Very frustrating.  I just learned that to the left hand side of the screen your typing in is a time that what your typing was autosaved.  If you click on that, what you've lost will be retrieved.  Awesome for those of us more challenged.  :)

Ok gang.  Back to the awful day here.  Awful.  Remember I was complaining that I "felt" like I was bloated yesterday?  Well, if I felt bloated yesterday, today I became the local blimp.  No exaggerating and no joke.  Amber told me to relax and enjoy the process.  I've looked at the timeline so I get that it can be "normal". But there is nothing normal about not being able to zip up a coat that I could zip up yesterday.  Even the thighs in my pants felt tight.  I feel large and cumbersome and my family asked me when I was going to work out again with that concern in their voice.   This is no longer a joke.  I was so disturbed by it today that I honestly almost said uncle.  I know, I know, timeline says this is the time when most people quit.  For that reason alone I will not quit.  But man, if I keep expanding the way I am now...I'm going to start hibernating because I look like I grew up in a poor family and they didn't have money to buy me new clothes even though I've outgrown my old.  And for those ladies who have asked...no it's not that TOM.  Not even close.  Anyway, feeling generally bummed. 

Oh and remember all that boundless energy I had yesterday?  I totally crashed today.  Like the let down after the wedding kind of crash.  Had 8 hours of sleep....but totally crashed.  And just because things go in three.....I'd like to say that my complexion is so much better.  NOT.  Huge breakout noted this a.m.  Haven't had that in ages.   

So, bloated, bad acne, bummed and tired......On to day 10.  Sigh.................................

I, unfortunately, will be looking at day 1 again tomorrow… And i'm super bummed because I was feeling really good this morning. My acne is almost gone and my tongue is looking great (i'm serious check out how your tongue changes over the course of this). But I was at my wits end with my second job today and with the other stress i'm dealing the motions but not dealing with the emotions I snapped and went on a halloween candy bender… I feel like crap, my "seasonal allergies" are back, my hands are swollen, I have a headache and a stomach ache…. Those 10 or so little "bite size" bomb of toxins have been causing damage since about 1 this afternoon… So back to day one tomorrow, I even re-wrote my goals and posted them on my fridge, my mirror in my bathroom and saved them as the lock screen on my phone to remind myself and ingrain it in my mind as to why I want to do this and why my body needs me to do this. While I make myself properly mourn this loss, let us all learn from my mistakes. Check yourself (all of you, especially the emotional part) before you wreck yourself!

Archived