Day 1 - October 21st

morkkel

Chaco Canyon. Great for Vegan options,, but vegan is a whole lot of carbs and even their butternut squash soup had apple juice and brown rice in it. Unfortunately because its delish!

Well going to a vegetarian restaurant while on a W30 does make it pretty impossible to be compliant unless you are following the vegetarian protocol specifically. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the irony is the fact that its such a "healthy" resteraunt but I challenge anyone to find protein sources anywhere on the menu! It's all relative I guess.

Broccoli has more protein than steak, didn't you know? (Sarcastic...those posters irk me! Per calorie perhaps, but you'd have to eat a mountain of broccoli for the same protein as a steak)

Glad I'm not the only one who sees the irony.

Ok question for you all. Tonight's dilemma. Still feeling icky so my appetite really is sub par (a plus considering) today had a late start breakfast because I knew lunch would be challenging. So late bfast, late lunch. Just getting home from work now at 8:15. Question is, do I eat a full meal, skip it, or eat a snack? I'm hungry enough to eat, but know it'll sit there all night. Your thoughts?

And woohoo, day 5!

Junimoon, I hope you feel better soon! I finally started hitting my headache phase... And feeling down is not fun.

I feel like I have been sleeping less soundly since I have started this, I hope my good sleep comes back soon. Also, I am addicted to coconut milk! Is this bad? I can eat it by the spoonful, it's awful!

Morkkel, sorry to hear about the headaches and sleep too. Hope both issues clear up soon for you!

Re the coconut milk. Can you taste any hint of coconut? I mean....even a remote taste? I'm a coconut hater and have tried the oils etc but avoided the milk because so far nothing been with the coconut flavor.

Morkkel, sorry to hear about the headaches and sleep too. Hope both issues clear up soon for you!

Re the coconut milk. Can you taste any hint of coconut? I mean....even a remote taste? I'm a coconut hater and have tried the oils etc but avoided the milk because so far nothing been with the coconut flavor.

I don't notice any coconut taste when I use coconut milk.

Happy Day 7 loves!

I am pre-maturely tattling on myself. I had an accident with my vehicle last night (nothing serious, just a missing rear window…) but i'm incredibly stressed out about the financial emergency I am now in. This kind of stress and anger is when I would check out with food (specifically sugar) or avoid eating all together.

I want to honor the commitment I made to myself 7 days ago starting this journey. So as I figure this out in the next couple days, I need help to stay present.

Happy Day 7 loves!

I am pre-maturely tattling on myself. I had an accident with my vehicle last night (nothing serious, just a missing rear window…) but i'm incredibly stressed out about the financial emergency I am now in. This kind of stress and anger is when I would check out with food (specifically sugar) or avoid eating all together.

I want to honor the commitment I made to myself 7 days ago starting this journey. So as I figure this out in the next couple days, I need help to stay present.

Yikes! Good that you're ok, minus a window! And your car suffered already, doesn't mean your body has to, too :) The better you nourish yourself, the stronger you'll be to take care of all these annoying "life" things. I hope your week goes much better and that you're able to get some good rest. You're body will be around much longer than the car...!

A weekend almost down! Today should be prep day for the week, but I need to do a bit of shopping first. Will flip thru Well Fed and see what looks good and what matches up with the "black bins" at my grocery. Our produce in incredibly $ here, but they often clearance the "less pretty" one. Things like 4 organic apples or a head of cauliflower for $1! Really thankful as it's definitely helped us eat well.

On coconut milk - I think that coconut oil has a stronger taste than the milk. The milk doesn't taste of much, especially if you are using it in savory dishes. It's honestly one of my favorite things about W30. I love coconut but have always avoided because of the calories. Eating it daily is a dream :)

@Physbeth: thanks for the Paleo truck info. I'm anxious to check it out.

@mrsjessica and Physbeth thanks for the coconut milk info. I might try it since you both seem to feel its less pungent.

@Janpagel: I hear eating a sweet potato can help. I did that and I don't know if it was the sweet potato or just time but it went away.

@jesmarie: I'm so sorry! I hate car stuff. Hate it!!!

I'm hoping you weren't injured. I did take out (shattered to smithereens) my rear window once by closing the top (convertible back then) and not remembering I had a wood dowel in the back. Ugh. I relate. And I get the money stress too. I don't know if this helps, but I think about it at times.... While we have no ultimate control of our life, we can impact our wellness by not taking care of ourselves. The cost for health related issues, which include not only the financial component, but the physical loss, loss of independence and emotional loss are far pricier than a rear window. So that's my cheer for you to hang in there with your commitment to yourself! I'm so proud of you that you reached out and so honored to share in this learning with you all.

Thanks all!

Jesmarie - I am glad to hear your okay, but am sorry for the financial stress it's caused. Greektome really said it best. That's a tough time, one you USED to use food to support your emotions. Nice work on staying strong! Use that reminder as you battle the financial issues too (easier said than done - but we'll be here for you)!

Greek - I do think it has a slight flavor of coconut, but it must just be me - and it must be cause I'm eating it plain or just envisioning it in my head? Maybe you can get the light version from trader joes - only 99 cents, but watered down...not sure if that coconut flavor will be lighter? Anyway - as you can see from the comments, we all have different views, LOL! 

Great job to everyone for 7 days strong! I made it to costco this morning before they put all those dang free samples out - it's the easiest way to avoid for me! You all have a great evening!

I'm beginning Day 6 and have woken up with a really bad headache the past two days! I'm drinking water and eating well and according to the program. I guess this is just a phase that I hope passes soon!!!

keep up the hydration, also make sure you're eating enough fat and including starchy vegies! headaches are normal at your stage of the journey, but you can help alleviate them with food. it's kind of like the transition between using carbs and fat for energy. your body may not realise you want it to use fat yet, but the glycogen stores are likely lower than normal so it's like a car running on nearly empty even thought it's getting plenty of fuel from somewhere else! (make sense?)

i'd also consider whether you're getting enough salt - if you've switched over from a SAD diet, you would have decreased sodium intake quite a lot. if you aren't adding any, i'd suggest getting a good quality sea salt to use on your food.

Thank you for all the support everyone, I really appreciate it! 

Is everyone ready to rock week 2?! I've got a couple meals brewing for the week at the moment. Keeping my food easy will definitely help me get through what was already an anxious week, performance anxiety for my recital, to a now pretty hectic week with my car, Emma. I'm holding on to this program with both hands to help me keep my wits about me! 

Archived