Starting Monday Nov 4th !

Girltony

@amberino21 - thank you! *big grin since I don't have to measure*  I will go find the template and print out some copies.  I'm really winging it quite a bit and although I think I've got plenty of veggies hitting my belly, I don't think I've got enough fat. 

Also, with fruit - I always get fruit as part of my co-op and I don't want to just not take it. I pay $35 (co-op is every other week) and I get so much good organic stuff and I don't want to waste anywhere so I can afford to keep eating healthy.  I get about 5 pieces of fruit which I could spread out to one piece every other day or so.  Any ideas on how to incorporate fruit in the best compliant way?  Add fruit to a salad?  

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like things are going well for everyone.

Today is day 3 and my eating is staying on track and feeling good. Already noticing that I am sleeping much better again. It happened sooner this W30 than my first round. But the headache arrived this morning...ready for that to move on! 

Great work, everyone!

Ok, so I picked up my co-op today. Kale, variety of mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, parsley, cucumbers, dozen eggs, sweet potatoes. I also got 5 apples, 5 pears and a pineapple. With the focus on minimal fruit with whole30 I don't think I can continue. My co-op is awesome for the price, all organic and I think with the fruit I'd have to have one piece a day so I don't waste it. The co-op is every two weeks. Maybe just paleo is a better route?

Will wait until someone chimes in before I throw in the towel.

Hi everyone!

How is everyone doing?

I've been doing well, it's just so hard for me to eat so many greens. Although I'm doing it, I just don't like green veggies. Hopefully I can find some breakfast recipes that include greens.

Great to read all the posts!

Day 3 and doing great...I haven't had a headache yet as I would ALWAYS get on other

programs I've tried. Have also felt full after each meal until the next.

I'm a cold turkey Whole30(er) going from eating processed everything to this

way of life and I'm excited...as of today I have noticed that my feet

which usually without fail swell by the end of each day...

as of this evening for the first time since I can remember they look like they did this morning!!!

Looking forward to many more healthful positive changes Whole30 will bring!

Ok, so I picked up my co-op today. Kale, variety of mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, parsley, cucumbers, dozen eggs, sweet potatoes. I also got 5 apples, 5 pears and a pineapple. With the focus on minimal fruit with whole30 I don't think I can continue. My co-op is awesome for the price, all organic and I think with the fruit I'd have to have one piece a day so I don't waste it. The co-op is every two weeks. Maybe just paleo is a better route?

1-2 pieces of fruit a day is not excessive - the whole 30 doesn't limit fruit per se, the only guideline is that it should be eaten with meals, not on its own, and that 1 serve at a time is likely enough. It shouldn't push vegetables off your plate....there's absolutely no reason why you can't continue your whole 30 because your box comes with fruit.

Ah, great! I must have misinterpreted because I was thinking occasional fruit, not daily. I'm trying to be cost conscious especially since I'm spending more on meat. No way could I give up the co-op.

So I'm going to make this an opportunity to get creative by adding fruit with food. Like some pineapple over chicken, pears in salad, apples in....huh, I'll think about that one. :)

Day 5 is done. Not feeling as tired as yesterday.

Yum! They're Granny Smith apples so a bit tart. I'm going to sauté and put over a pork chop. I found this recipe. Will break it down to one apple and skip the raisins.

4 small organic apples, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)

2 tablespoons coconut oil

1/4 cup raisins

1/2 tablespoon cinnamon

2 tablespoons canned full fat coconut milk

Day 6 begins.

Thinking of other ways to use the apples and pears. I've got a paleo recipe for a crisp. It has maple syrup in it which I'll leave out. I know we can have almond meal but if I use it for a crisp is that non-compliant since it could be used as dessert? Plan is to eat it with breakfast or lunch. No, I'm not being sneaky trying to get a dessert in. ;)

Thinking of other ways to use the apples and pears. I've got a paleo recipe for a crisp. It has maple syrup in it which I'll leave out. I know we can have almond meal but if I use it for a crisp is that non-compliant since it could be used as dessert? Plan is to eat it with breakfast or lunch. No, I'm not being sneaky trying to get a dessert in. ;)

I'd leave that one til after your whole 30....

Yum! They're Granny Smith apples so a bit tart. I'm going to sauté and put over a pork chop. I found this recipe. Will break it down to one apple and skip the raisins.

4 small organic apples, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)

2 tablespoons coconut oil

1/4 cup raisins

1/2 tablespoon cinnamon

2 tablespoons canned full fat coconut milk

Day 6 begins.

Your ideas sound AWESOME!!! And yummo!

For lunch I fried up some bacon (3 slices).  Removed it from pan and threw in diced up chicken breast and a little red pepper to cook in the bacon fat.  Sauteed that up.  When the chicken was cooked I threw in about 1/8 of a pineapple - chopped -  (froze the rest of it), added the bacon back into the pan and then cooked about another 5 minutes.  Took chicken, bacon and pineapple and put in on top of salad greens. 

Yummy but next time I try it I'm going to add some garlic. 

Hello all! I just started on Monday as well, but didn't subscribe to the site til today. Count me in!! I'm curently in on my own in this, so your support and shared stories would really help keep me going! No major health issues here, but I DO want to get off the carb/sugar additives in just about every food item I'd typically eat. To top it off, I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian (will eat tuna, some white fish, and shrimp) though, which makes this a little more intruiguing. So far, all, day 4, and sticking to it. But for sure... even though I know it'll do horrible things to me, and probably taste 'weird' by now, I've been craving a diet coke most of the day. I know I won't do it - it's just more annoying that the idea just won't go away!!

How's everyone else holding up!

Great to be here -

Tracey :)

Hi All, 

Everything going fine on the food front, however felt so dowwwnnnnnn yesterday.  Black Dog Indeed -_-   Today I feel a bit better so I am hoping by Sunday, my mind will be clearer and feeling good!

I have a question re breakfast.  This is what I usually have and it keeps me going till way past lunch. 

3 eggs,

hand full of pork mince or bacon,

tomato

mushrooms,

capsicum

spinich.

Is having the eggs AND the meat too much?   Like I said, this seems to work really well for me and it keeps me motoring along.  

Sometimes I have an omlette made from 3 whole eggs, bacon, banana and cinnamon.....DELICIOUS!!!

Hi All, 

Everything going fine on the food front, however felt so dowwwnnnnnn yesterday.  Black Dog Indeed -_-   Today I feel a bit better so I am hoping by Sunday, my mind will be clearer and feeling good!

I have a question re breakfast.  This is what I usually have and it keeps me going till way past lunch. 

3 eggs,

tomato

mushrooms,

capsicum

spinich.

Is having the eggs AND the meat too much?   Like I said, this seems to work really well for me and it keeps me motoring along.  

Sometimes I have an omlette made from 3 whole eggs, bacon, banana and cinnamon.....DELICIOUS!!!

cinnamon and banana's are good in an omlette?? I never would have thought of that, I'll have to try!!

So I'm on day 4 and feeling fine, not feeling at all like i want to quit. Just getting bored with the food, tired of cooking and doing so many dishes that cooking brings. I'm afraid im not eating enough veggies at each meal but I cannot hold 2 cups of veggies, protein and fat. Its just too much. It seems like too much food, I'm not hungry enough. I'm just feeling kind of blah and my mood is going up and down and up and down.

oh did I mention I'm simultaneously quitting smoking and doing Jillian Michaels 30day shred?? I'm cranky, tired, sore, craving cigarettes and I never want to see my kitchen again. I really need help setting up a meal plan for the week. I thought I did a good job this past weekend but I obviously did not and I've been cooking almost every night. Does anybody have advice for a meal plan?? I'm also on a tight budget as I live in Alaska where everything is extraordinarily expensive and I cringe every time I go to the grocery store.

Thanks,

Izabella

You could eat an apple with a meal and a pear with a meal and maybe make a dish with pineapple. You can have 1-2 servings of fruit a day and you probably have less than 14 servings. I get more than 14 servings a week in my CSA box. I bought a dehydrator and keep meaning to try it.

Hi All, 

3 eggs,

tomato

mushrooms,

capsicum

spinich.

it's not too much at all - I have often added a bit of meat to my breakfast of 3 eggs. bacon is technically a fat source during your whole 30 though - this isn't a bad thing, as you have no fat added to your meal otherwise :) your body is probably enjoying the added fat in the mince or bacon, so if you were to leave it out, add a different fat. half an avo, or a dollop of mayo would be lovely!

Archived