Cashew "Alfredo" Sauce, yay or nay?

Belbinger

It depends on you. Is pasta a food without brakes? Do/did you lust after it, scheming how to make it technically compliant?

If you're using it so you can have ALFREDO, then it's toeing the line. If you're using it as a sauce that's something different than what you've had recently, it sounds okay.

Mods?

I am mostly making it because I am having a friend over for lunch Saturday, I want to make a compliant meal that I know she will still like, without going off of the program.

I made this recipe years ago when my sister went vegan (I originally used coconut butter, but when it is non-vegan, I use ghee), but everyone I know, veggie/ vegan/ paleo/ regular-junk-eater loves it.

I don't have a craving for it or anything, just want to feed my friend well :)

I was planning on serving it with shrimp, broccoli, and spaghetti squash.

Hi guys,

I melt two tabslespoons of ghee, then I add 1 can of cocnut milk and half a can of water, bring to a boil on medium heat. I then grind up one cup of cashews and add it to the coconut milk and ghee. I add salt, pepper, and three cloves of garlic.

I usually toss it with spaghetti squash and broccoli, but sometimes just over prawns or chicken and veggies. Its enough for large plates, and I usually have 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the sauce leftover in the fridge.

I thought about overdoing the fat, but I think the serving size per person is still equivilant to a small handful.

Archived