Ashley's Round 4

almcc

Hi all,

do people find this eating more expensive than usual shopping bills? I bought a load of food as I am hoping to have a cook off tomorrow. I wish that I could get coconut milk cheaper.!

I used to, but not now. I think I just got into the swing of it. I now own every single dried herb/spice jar available, so never need to buy more than one or 2 refill bottles a month. Most meals I make serve between 4-8 people, & there's just 2 of us eating them, so there's always some in the freezer. Every week I cook a meal on Friday, Saturday, maybe Sunday & Monday, the rest of the week is freezer stuff. I alter recipes to take into account what meat's on offer (swap pork shoulder for leg, etc). I'm lucky to live in the UK, so our lamb & beef is mostly grass fed anyway & I can get it from the supermarket. We eat a lot of mince (ground meat), chilli, bolognese, meatballs, etc. it doesn't seem too bad :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Amazon is a good idea - which coconut milk do people use? E numbers are not ok at all? What about gum?

Also I really would like a balsamic vinegar - obviously like sulfites

Can't believe I am on day 5 :-) - couldn't work out why I was so grumpy until I read through the timeline again :-)

Meal 1: roasted veg ( from yesterday ) eggs bacon tomatoes and mushrooms

Meal 2: roasted vegetables, sardines and tomatoes and pineapples

Not sure about meal 3 yet am thinking chicken stir fry

Thanks for the responses will be attempting to cook in bulk this weekend.

Happy eating everyone!

Balsamic vinegar with naturally occurring sulphites is ok :)

Had a little family success today, my previously super fussy 6 year old asked to try some bacon, liked it & has requested bacon for tea. Bingo! Otherwise, still chugging along here. Looking forward to a slow-cooked lamb vindaloo later :wub:

Happy eating!

I have a box of chocolates in the kitchen that I go and sniff sometimes too.

Today I was "that person" when we went out to eat with friends. The waiter almost gave me a sauce with butter but caught himself at the very last minute. I ended up eating my meat bare with a side salad. Yeah, it is just not easy to go out right now...

Hihi.

Day 16 went well. Dd leaves for college tomorrow and then things will return to normal. And I'll be on the computer.

Today it's been M1: eggs, bacon, sp, coffee/cm/ghee

M2: tuna w/mayo, carrots, olives

Tonight we are ordering in. I can get compliant ribs. Yippee!

Happy eating.

So bumbed. The ribs I wanted have sugar in the rub and corn starch. All their meat does. BUT they told me if I called 2 days in advance they could make me a rack of compliant ribs. So I'm excited about that. Ended up getting a compliant burger. S'ok but I'm sad to not have ribs. So it's burger and sp and salad for me tonight. Plus these olives I found that are stuffed with jalapeños. Yum.

Happy eating.

Hedgehog - I'm still looking for coconut milk to recommend. Also I am going to try to make almond milk this week.

Hi all,

Day 6 for me whoop. Am happy about that :-) I have wanted to get back on it for so long.

Meal 1: tomatoes, bacon eggs and mushrooms

Meal 2: salad egg and sardines

Meal 3: Sweet potato mash, pork chop and roasted vegetables

I am going to try and add more exercise in this week - start trying the high intensity interval stuff combined with my bokwa - i love bokwa still :-)

whoop about the little one and the bacon and pants about the ribs. difficult when u are looking forward to something but at least you know for next time.

happy eating everyone!

Day 13, unlucky for some... Started my new job this morning, which meant getting up at 4:45am. Plus I didn't sleep too well cos my mind was racing a bit. So I had breakfast when I got up, but by the time I got home again at 8am I was proper starving. Had a hard boiled egg & a cup of tea, then a handful of pork rinds later... But I'm going to have to plan in an extra meal or a snack, just something quick & easy that'll keep the wolf from the door until lunchtime. I've been sorely tempted to bake muffins today! I settled instead for a mug of hot coconut milk with cocoa, probably not 100% recommended but better than breaking out the brownie tin. Thinking I may have a nap too...

Happy eating!

Day 13, unlucky for some... Started my new job this morning, which meant getting up at 4:45am. Plus I didn't sleep too well cos my mind was racing a bit. So I had breakfast when I got up, but by the time I got home again at 8am I was proper starving. Had a hard boiled egg & a cup of tea, then a handful of pork rinds later... But I'm going to have to plan in an extra meal or a snack, just something quick & easy that'll keep the wolf from the door until lunchtime. I've been sorely tempted to bake muffins today! I settled instead for a mug of hot coconut milk with cocoa, probably not 100% recommended but better than breaking out the brownie tin. Thinking I may have a nap too...

Happy eating!

That's a big schedule change! And you did great!!!!  I have a mini-meal the weeks my DH works till 8 - since we eat together.  I tend to eat at 7-8, 11-12, 3-4, 8.  

How was the new job?

Hi all,

Day 6 for me whoop. Am happy about that :-) I have wanted to get back on it for so long.

Meal 1: tomatoes, bacon eggs and mushrooms

Meal 2: salad egg and sardines

Meal 3: Sweet potato mash, pork chop and roasted vegetables

I am going to try and add more exercise in this week - start trying the high intensity interval stuff combined with my bokwa - i love bokwa still :-)

whoop about the little one and the bacon and pants about the ribs. difficult when u are looking forward to something but at least you know for next time.

happy eating everyone!

Happy day 6!!!!!!!  I have to go look up bokwa again. (old, me!) 

That's a big schedule change! And you did great!!!!  I have a mini-meal the weeks my DH works till 8 - since we eat together.  I tend to eat at 7-8, 11-12, 3-4, 8.  

How was the new job?

Shock to the system :lol:

It went better today. I slept much better, I had a heartier breakfast (literally, actually, I had mashed swede & braised hearts :) ), then around 9:30am I had a mug of leek & cauliflower soup. Then I went out to a Nordic walking group & got me some sunshine :D

Roz - It does sound like a better day!! Sleep and good food!! Yipee!!

Yesterday went well.  It was a hard day - took DD to college. And her boyfriend is living with us right now - he's not a problem - just don't want company at the moment. I made a meatloaf early in the day and had that before I went to a 6-8pm meeting.  Then my friend and I went out - I had olives and tea.  It was wonderful to go out and be with friends and just eat what I needed to eat.

This morning I had meatloaf, eggs, sp, kale, coffee/cm/ghee. Off to have lunch. Tuna, carrots, olives, banana.

I have chicken thighs for tonight and I need to figure out how to cook them.

Happy eating.

Ended up not making chicken thighs.  Mom went back to the hospital today.  She needed blood. They are trying to get her strong enough to have surgery in february.

SO I went to the store and got plain chicken wings.  They are always good - they put nothing on them and do them  in the rotisserie. I had carrots and banana and almond butter.

Went to bed at 10 but did not sleep well. Was up in the middle of the night for a couple of hours.  But I slept in - so 8 hours in total.

Hope everyone has a great day!!  A

Hi all,

Day 10 for me - I was struggling a bit food wise yesterday and being surrounded by cakes at work really did not help! Got through it through just need to remember to take more food as working for 10 hours was tough.

Feel a bit tired today and didn't do the usual Bokwa session but back in bed now - was hungry in the night too so had breakfast and then gonna rest. Think working 2 days back to bak killed me off more than the change of food.

Lots to do today but need to get my head down for a couple of hours before I feel like I am raring to go!

I am a few days behind with the log so will try and think for next time

Yesterday and the day before ( days 8-9) I ate

Meal 1 bacon tomatoes and eggs

Meal 2 salmon patties and said and blueberries hard boiled egg

Meal 3 chicken stir fry with a nice marinade :-) - yummy and then pears as was hungry and hve ran out of vegetables - must shop

So far I have had

Meal 1 omelette with onions and bacon and peppers - will definitely be doin that again

Meal 2 sardine salad with Apple

Meal 3 chilli

Hi all. sad day/night - my neighbour across the road died apparently while doing exercise at home she wasn't even 50. My next door neighbour went over to help as the husband was distraught and I went over to her house incase the children woke up she was a lovely lovely lady. Always smiling and chatting. Makes you think you never know when it's your time.

Just wanted to say everybody look after each other. We need to give ourselves the best chance we have and doing the 30 days will hopefully be a step closer to a more healthier us xxx love to all xxx

How is everyone doing? Sad to hear about your neighbor hedgehog, she was really young. I guess we really don't know when our last day will be.

On day 18 and still going strong, I can't tell if I'm losing anything, it's hard to tell but I definitely feel better and have a better state of mind. I think at day 30 I'll want to keep going to a day 60.. We will see!

Take care everyone :)

Sorry about your neighbor, Hedgehog. Stay strong!

I am pretty sure I haven't lost any. My clothes fit pretty much the same as always. I feel good though. I could go on like this forever, if it wasn't for one thing.

Chocolate. Still miss chocolate.

HI All,

Day 23. Doing ok.  Not doing good logging my food tho.  I resisted weighing myself today.  Yay!!  Made almond milk and mayo this week.  :D

This is what I ate today (don't remember the last few days)

M1: eggs, sausage, avo, sp, coffee/am

M2: chicken, carrots, almond butter, banana

Thawed some premade paleo for dinner - cajun chicken.  I'll make a good salad too.

Happy Eating!!

How is everyone doing? Sad to hear about your neighbor hedgehog, she was really young. I guess we really don't know when our last day will be.

On day 18 and still going strong, I can't tell if I'm losing anything, it's hard to tell but I definitely feel better and have a better state of mind. I think at day 30 I'll want to keep going to a day 60.. We will see!

Take care everyone :)

Day 18!!!!! Wooooohoooo!!  I am almost to the point where feeling better and having a better state of mind trumps weighing less. :) Was tempted to weigh this morning because I don't feel like I have lost anything - but I didn't.  Big victory!!

Let us know how these last days go!

Archived