Tea Time

mducette

I'm on Day 2 and I've read the book but I have a few questions about my teas. I don't want to mess anything up so why not ask!

BTW I'm in Canada so spelling is a bit different! 

Are these okay?

Licorice Spice: licorice root, cinnamon, orange peel, chinese star anise, vanilla flavour, sarsaparilla, orange oil, cinnamon flavour, close bud oil and cardamom oil 

- I'm wondering about the different flavours in this, are they okay? I'm also wondering what on earth sarsaparilla and chinese star anise are!

Another sleepytime tee has natural french vanilla flavour....okay?

I got this tea as a gift and I am not sure about any of the ingredients really.

Red Velvet Tea: cocoa shells, rooibos, hibiscus, cream cheese flavour(??), Caramel flavour, vegetable juice color(??), raspberry flavour

^^ I am definitley waiting for this to be said no to! But I figured I'd check!

I guess most of my questions revolve around the different flavours. Are they okay?

• Moderators
Sasparilla is a drink made from a root. Star anise is a spice. French vanilla might be adulterated with something besides vanilla, but I probably would not worry about it. The Red Velvet tea is a fail based upon cream cheese AND caramel flavor.

Similar question to the one above... I feel like I'm getting majorly bogged down trying to figure out whether my teas are compliant, and tea is my winter go-to! 

Are the following ok (in tea only)?

1. "natural almond biscotti flavour"

2. "vanilla nut flavour"

3. "vanilla flavour"

4. cacao shells

5. carob

6. chicory root

Also, for "creme" teas (I have a nutmeg creme tea) with "organic vegan natural flavor", is that acceptable? (I've read on other streams that "natural flavor" isn't ideal, but isn't a reason in and of itself to avoid a tea, so just confirming...)

Thank you HUGELY in advance for your response.

Archived