Losing a lot of weight quickly

Hi all! This is my first Whole30 and let me say, I'm SO happy I made this lifestyle change. I was absolutely addicted to the sugar demon before starting. I feel healthy, bloat free, sleeping like a rock!

With that said, I have list 9 lbs in 10 days. I started at 5'6" 155 and now weigh just over 145 10 days later. Is this healthy? I'm feeling anxious about it! I eat three meals a day, meat and veggies and fat, and never let myself go hungry!!

Ps I know I shouldn't have stepped on the scale! Right there with you guys. But now that I have, help a sister out :)

bloat free. you said it.

A lot of times people come into the whole30 carrying inflammation from eating foods that chronically irritate the gut. When those foods go away, the inflammation does too, and you notice things like less bloat and a drop in scale weight. I'm guessing that this applies to you. Don't worry! Although it is great to be rid of inflammation, once it is gone it's gone (sure, it will come back if you go back to eating whatever it was that bothers your gut, but there isn't any more of it to lose at the moment). It is very unlikely to continue at this rate. Enjoy being bloat free and don't worry.

oh and stop weighing yourself!

You'll probably find it will slow down, but if it's worrying you, add some more starchy veggies.

I found out I was gluten intolerant after my first Whole30 and it turns out gluten has been responsible for some weird scale spikes I've seen in the past. I can (literally) put on 10 kilos of inflammation from eating wheat, sometimes it's less, but the reaction is pretty extreme. My stomach feels fine, but the rest of my body does not.

Also, grains and carbs cause you to retain water. When you eliminate them from your diet, you lose a lot of water weight very quickly. I lost 6 pounds my first week going paleo (not a whole30, but close) but after that it was down to 1-2 pounds a week.

Archived