egg muffins/meat muffins

missmary

I just made some "frittata bars" which could easily be made in a muffin tin. The only thing I would do differently next time is maybe add a few tablespoons of almond flour to the batter because they came out kind of rubbery. All I did was sauté some onions, chopped sausage and broccoli in olive oil, place this mixture into a brownie bars pan, pour beaten eggs (with salt & pepper) into each cup and bake it at 350 for 30 minutes. Pretty tasty!

I like to mix n match batches cooked in muffin trays. My tray has 12 holes, so I can get a lot of variety without much extra work.

Example: basic egg & bacon/ham cups in all 12 holes, pepper in 3 holes, spring onions in 3 holes, paprika in 3 holes, tumeric in 3 holes.

You can do the same things with "sausage muffins", have a base recipe and then just add extra seasonings on top.

Make a note of experiments, sometimes I make something awesome and I can't remember how I did it :)

Thanks guys. I went with Diane Sanfillipo's buffalo chicken egg muffins for this week, and I have to say I'm not floored. They looked really nice coming out of the oven but cold several days later, just kind of meh. odd texture, but they work ok with a side of bell pepper strips and steamed green beans. I'll keep trying.

Archived