What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

Kryztle

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going good! I never lost control of my cravings since being done with the program, however it is SO much harder saying NO and not letting the sugar dragon in!!! I have only enjoyed pizza once, the rest has been w30...work is catering in Thursday so I'm a little worried about that. I start back at strength training and it is killin me but I feel so much better!!! Thanks for checking on me :) how are you doing?? Crossfit is some serious business girlie!! Keep in touch friend!

Mmmmmm.......caramel coffee. It sounds like your doing great! W30 is great and all, but don't forget that even the creators of the program don't do W30 everyday. Maybe now that you've done your W30 and reintroduction, you could research a more Paleo lifestyle, which is kind of like a W30, only a lot less strict! Only you know what your body needs though, so if you really feel like staying mostly W30 compliant is what you need right now, then you do what yo have to! :)

Crossfit IS serious business! I really love it so far though! I just spent the last two days learning some of the common movements needed for doing WODs. My first official WOD class starts on Thursday, I'm so excited!!!!!! Strength training is no joke either girl! It's hard work. That kind of training is good for your bones, that's how deep those workouts are felt!!

I've been kinda missing everyone. No one posts as much now that they're past their W30! But I will keep in touch! Let me know how Thursday goes.

I agree I miss everyone! That support helped keep me going! I love the whole 30 food and the way I felt...I'm not as strict. I'm eating whole 30 unless I have plans like birthdays, dinners with friends at restaurants, etc. thanks for checkin up on me :)

I have no idea what Monicals is, but I'll take your word for it! :)

I have been trying to be more paleo/primal, but I'm failing miserably sometimes since starting crossfit because I'm not planning enough. I ran out of sweet potatoes, which I don't really care for anyway, so I've been using the white potatoes we have on hand for my post workout meal. Which I pair with some protein, usually bacon because I freaking love it! I also have a banana right after I workout, because I've read in a lot of places that you need to get those sugars replenished for a better recovery. I'm guessing either the potatoes or the banana isn't a horrible choice since it's post wo, but having them both is probably a little too much sugar and starch. I really need to figure out something that works for me as a pre wo meal too. I'm just not good at it. I'll get there though.

I'm always amazed at how much off track I get and how easily it happens.  At a party last week I had half a slice of pizza - so good!  And then I had another.  And another.  I suppose it's still not as much as I could have had in the old days, but it's a nasty slippery slope.  I'm also looking forward to Cadbury caramel eggs.  I'll have one, but hopefully I can have it in moderation and still keep out those crazy cravings and yearnings.  It's kind of amazing that we are at the end of February already.  You've gone through a lot between Swine Flu and Whole30.  It's impressive how well you've kept things moving forward.

Pizza....mmmmmmm!! Soda was actually one of the easiest things for me to give up a few years ago. I still have one occasionally, and although I used to be a diet soda drinker myself, if I do indulge, I get the regular stuff. I have read too many things about the dangers of artificial sweeteners. And I don't even mean all the cancer-causing stuff that's out there either. I pretty much only drink water, tea, and coffee. I did, however, have some chips and dip tonight. They were good, I enjoyed them, but not as much as I enjoy feeling better. ;)

You really have and continue to do a great job Kryztle! We've all come such a long way, and I'm so proud of all of us! I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true!

I always did like a good Dr. Pepper.  What a shame your body isn't telling you it's gross!  I've become a sparkling water addict which helps.  I like the fizzy part and, surprisingly, now like the bitter part.  It's certainly not the same as a soda.

I hate it when I overeat! Even when it's good, natural food, it makes me feel bloated and miserable! I wonder why that mechanism is so hard to shut off. Well, at least for me it can be. It's not like there is a famine, but every once in a while still, I will eat like I'm never going to eat again. It's frustrating once it dawns on you that's what you're doing! The good thing is that I don't do it nearly as much as I used to!

I hate it when I overeat! Even when it's good, natural food, it makes me feel bloated and miserable! I wonder why that mechanism is so hard to shut off. Well, at least for me it can be. It's not like there is a famine, but every once in a while still, I will eat like I'm never going to eat again. It's frustrating once it dawns on you that's what you're doing! The good thing is that I don't do it nearly as much as I used to!

I definitely agree...sometimes the urge to overeat is just so intense and I don't even think of fighting it as much when it's natural, healthy food even though I still feel horribly afterwards (physically and emotionally). I also think that EVERYONE just does this on occasion and that's also a normal thing to do every now and again. 

Agree that everyone does that every once in awhile...I just haven't done it in so long I forgot how I felt! Glad I was reminded and won't do that again for awhile. I started back at the gym last week and feel awesome!! Strength training kills but feels awesome :)

Another W30! You're a trooper! I probably could stand another one again already after fighting this illness, but I know I am no where near mentally ready for one yet! I have been out of the box for a week and half now and it is just killing me! I want to go so bad, but I don't want to spread germs and I don't want to make myself sicker by taxing out my body while it's trying to heal itself. I am thinking I might be able to go back at the latest by Monday. I am sooooo upset that I will basically be having to start over since I had barely gotten started before I got so sick. But at least I'll be sore for good reasons! ;)

I hope things are going good for you girl, I've missed my W30 friends!

Archived