Advil

ninadude

Tom, I'm curious why the recommendation towards Tylenol vs. Advil? Is that for Whole30 reasons?  

I ask because of all the recent information from the FDA warning users about the risk of liver damage related to Tylenol (who is being hit with massive class action lawsuits.)  I avoid Tylenol like the plague, and my physician has stopped recommending it to her patients.

FDA: Acetaminophen doses over 325 mg might lead to liver damage

The Dangers of Tylenol: Is It Time for the FDA to Remove it From The Market?

Tylenol Overdose Risk Is Staggering; Acetaminophen Safeguards Remain Insufficient

Tylenol, Acetaminophen Link To Liver Failure Dangers

The Little-Known Dangers of Acetaminophen

From my understanding Advil messes with you gut. Most people who are on auto immune protocol need to avoid Advil because it can cause just as many problems as eating non compliant foods. I also know that Advil is bad for your liver. I have a weird reaction when I take Advil. I don't have that same problem with Tylenol. I try not to take any of them if I can help it.

Pain relieves are really about what works best for each person. Tylenol does go through the liver to be processed, which is why there is a maximum of 8 extra strength tablets per 24 hours. Aleve and Advil (naproxen and ibuprofen) can do a number on your stomach, so I always recommend against them for people with GI issues.

In the end, you know your body better than anyone so take what works best for you!

• 1 month later...

Archived