Can I have- 1st day-brand new to whole 30

fitmom1174

Larabar-Chocolate Chip Brownie....reading the ingredients-dates, (chocolate chips; unsweetened chocolate,sugar,cocoa butter), almonds, walnuts, cocoa powder, sea salt. Also may contain milk from chocolate chips....this makes me think No.

Help please....

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

No. You should never eat a larabar ever. Forget they exist. Second, this one contains sugar. NO ADDED SUGAR in anything ever. Third, this one may contain milk. NO DAIRY except ghee or clarified butter. During a Whole30, don't eat anything named Chocolate Chip Brownie. 

A Whole30 is a time to eat real food. This comes in a wrapper. It is not real food. It is processed. When you are selecting foods to eat during a Whole30, think vegetables and meat.  

Not just the milk - also the sugar. Added sugar of any kind is not allowed on the Whole30.

Larabars are okay for emergencies, but all of them are sweet (even the compliant ones) and aren't the best choice, especially if you're trying to kick a sugar habit. If you're hungry and need a snack, have a mini-meal with at least protein and fat.

Larabar-Chocolate Chip Brownie....reading the ingredients-dates, (chocolate chips; unsweetened chocolate,sugar,cocoa butter), almonds, walnuts, cocoa powder, sea salt. Also may contain milk from chocolate chips....this makes me think No. Help please.... Thanks in advance.

If you haven't had a chance to read the Whole30 material and rules yet, I highly recommend it!! It's super informative and will give you a great starting point for what you should and shouldn't be eating. I also read It Starts With Food before beginning, and signed up for the daily emails for extra education.

Larabar-Chocolate Chip Brownie....reading the ingredients-dates, (chocolate chips; unsweetened chocolate,sugar,cocoa butter), almonds, walnuts, cocoa powder, sea salt. Also may contain milk from chocolate chips....this makes me think No. Help please.... Thanks in advance.

Check out the can I have post or search the can I have forum for more frequently asked questions. http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

Archived