coconut milk and gas/bloat?

Has anyone found issues with bloating and gas when having coconut milk? I have just recently finished my first Whole30, and use coconut milk in coffee and also in some cooking. I generally love the way I feel eating only Whole30 compliant foods, but the common detonator of gas/bloat lately seems to be from coconut milk.  It's nothing too painful, but just very uncomfortable and annoying to deal with.

I want to start my reintro phase soon, but I want to make sure to rule out any less-than-awesome stomach feelings before starting that.  I have been using only canned, compliant coconut milk. Just wondering if anyone else has found this problem?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

I've seen a lot of people mention on this forum that they have issues with coconut products. The only way to know for sure is to cut it out for a few days or a week and see if that helps.

Coconut milk/oil is possible to cause discomfort for a few individuals.

For me I have pinned it down to certain brands.  For me certain brands cause my breasts to become sore (nowhere near my period).  The brand I have no problems with is Aroy-d. 

Other than that - cut it out for a few days and then reintro it.

Ok, great, thanks for the advice! I will definitely experiment with different brands too. Because now that you mention it, I just bought a different brand than I had been using.

Check and see if your coconut has guar gum. Although this is a compliant ingredient on your whole30 it can still mess with your digestion. Then you would be able to tell if the bloat was from the coconut or the guar gum.

Archived