Looking for Orange Recipes

spelozi

I'm part of a weekly fruit and veggie co-op. This last week I ended up with a bunch of blood oranges and I need suggestions of ways to incorporate them into my food. I've done an orange glazed salmon and I'm thinking of a faux orange chicken recipe. But I still will have a lot left over. Any recipe suggestions for these delicious little gems?

I'm trying not to ingest too much straight fruit as part of my Whole 30.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Whole30 Certified Coach

I add them to salad :)  I eat a huge salad for dinner each night and put in two small clementines.  Nice contrast of flavor to the veggies and vinaigrette! 

• Moderators

My Sister-in-law makes a killer dressing with oranges - juice, zest, shallots and olive oil. It's incredible! I'll see if I can get her to give up the recipe.

In the meantime, here's one from Wolfgang Puck that looks delicious: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/recipes/sauces-and-dressings/Shallot-Citrus-Vinaigrette

Ok, here you have it from my SIL's mouth!

I never measured all the ingredients in my orange zest dressing until today. I always just added this and added that. lol! So this is what I came up with as my official recipe. Enjoy!

-1 medium-large Navel orange

(Zest whole orange and freshly squeeze juice- makes about 1/3 cup)

-1 shallot (finely diced or minced)

-1/4 cup vinegar of choice (I prefer champagne vinegar)

-1 tbsp Dijon mustard

- pinch of salt to taste

-fresh cracked blk pepper to taste

-1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Combine all ingredients but the EVOO in mixing bowl. Lastly, whisk in the EVOO. Enjoy!

cleardot.gif

Archived