April 21st

BeckyDunn

I'm also starting out tomorrow!  Slightly nervous at the amount of chocolate still in the house... but in some ways I feel that there is so much temptation around anyway on a day to day basis that the key thing is just to have made a firm decision and stick to it!

30 days... how hard can that be?!?

I'm also starting tomorrow, nervous about being really unprepared. Nervous about being a vegetarian (who eats eggs and seafood). But I'm really glad to see that other crazy busy people are doing this.  Looking forward to feeling more energy, though!

Start date of 4/21 here too! I made it through about three weeks of a Whole30 before I left for vacation, and am happy to say the habits I built in that time seem to be sticking. I'm ready to do a complete Whole30, the structure seems to be a good thing for me. I know I have to ride my own bike at some point, but having more ingrained habits should help me do that.

My husband and I are starting today, too! I'm so looking forward to experiencing what it feels like to be free of processed sugar. I'm fearful though that I'm going to get bored with the food options after about Day 3. But it's only 30 days. We can all do this! â¤ï¸

Hi. I decided to start on the 21st too.  I was going to start on the 23 because I have a dinner out for my sister's birthday on the 22 but I decided to start now and if neccesary "restart" after the dinner.

This is my second round, I did Whole 30 starting Feb 17. I'm also a working mom and it worked out fine. My DH was actually out of town during my first whole 30 so as far as time for prep I was like a single working mom. But I think it was easier with him gone because I didn't have any non compliant foods in the house. Since hes been back I'm snacking too much on things like chocolate ice cream and nuts (which are compliant but I need ot avoid because they are a food without brakes. So this is round 2 for me, good luck everyone!

I honestly think I did great today because I realized coffee isn't hugely taboo. Waking up a bit scared to start, I was relieved to have my morning coffee (and it tasted delicious with coconut milk!). I am going to try to stick to one cup a day, but it still feels a bit like cheating to have caffeine. Am I really allowed coffee?

Oh--and does anyone know if Kombucha is allowed?  

I honestly think I did great today because I realized coffee isn't hugely taboo. Waking up a bit scared to start, I was relieved to have my morning coffee (and it tasted delicious with coconut milk!). I am going to try to stick to one cup a day, but it still feels a bit like cheating to have caffeine. Am I really allowed coffee?

Oh--and does anyone know if Kombucha is allowed?  

Coffee is allowed. Kombucha is allowed, only if sugar is not in the ingredients list.

I started yesterday too and am about to have my day 2 breakfast.

Becky, I hear you on feeling sorry for myself/yourself. lol  My daughter brought home a bunch of yummy leftovers from the family feast and they were front and center in the fridge all day yesterday. 

I started yesterday as well.  Had a little trouble last night, but made it through compliantly! Slightly different challenges from the rest of you, I'm super-busy but live alone and it's often hard to get myself to prep and cook just for me.  I hope this thread can help me stay strong!

Have a great day, all...

Today is day 2 for me as well. Day 1 went well and was compliant. My fiance and I are taking this journey together... Sugar dragon has not attacked yet but I am nervous of the Easter candy in the house!

I did find myself hungry before bed last night, though. 

Sounds like everyone is doing well.  On day 2 now.  I agree wardcm562, I was hungry before bed last night...like actual belly growling hungry, but I just pushed through.  I figure I may need to add a little more to dinner.  Today has been ok so far....I am not super enjoying my meals because well, I am working and haven't really had the time to cook anything.  I have been sticking to simple meals so far.  But I will say I am not hungry today yet.  My mouth feels like icky and dry though which I have noticed before when I am detoxing.  I just keep drinking water...it helps somewhat!  Hoping everyone is staying strong and making great choices today!

I started yesterday, too, with my husband and a colleague at work.  Definitely helps to have someone doing it with me.  I cooked Sunday night to have food for a few days - big pan of roasted veggies, Southwestern Frittata (from everydaypaleo.com), and Spicy Cocoa Chili (http://www.acalculatedwhisk.com/2013/08/spicy-cocoa-chili.html ).  I'm not a cook, so I'm hoping to find some good recipes to make big batches on weekends.  I have a long commute for work so am out of the house from early morning till about 8pm. 

I was a little hungry last night, too, so went to bed early.  Feeling better today, though I think the next few days are going to be rough!  Stay strong, everyone!

Thanks for the ideas on food. I am the same way. I enjoy cooking.....but I am definitely not that great at it. I am hoping to find good ideas to make in large quantities for the week as I don't really have much time to cook much during the week. Feeling a little hungry before bed again now so I will be going to bed!

I started on the 21st with my husband.  So far so good!  We're really bad snackers so that's been the hardest part so far.  Cannot tell you how many times one of us has almost fallen into our usual snacking routine. Instead, we're enjoying night time tea :) 

Great idea healthjess.  I love tea!! That's a great idea to wind down in the evening.  Stoney....3rd shift, yikes!!!  I imagine your body is pretty haywired with an off-kilter schedule.  But you can do it!!!  Today is my day three and I had  a HARD HARD time getting going this morning.   I didn't feel tired as in my eyes wanted to close.  My body actually felt pretty amped and ready to go, but my brain is NOT working.  It is just now starting to kick into gear to the point that I can think enough to type this...lol.  It really feels like a BAD HANGOVER.  That's what I keep telling myself it is, that my body is just detoxing from all the yucky stuff I put into it.  Putting more in isn't going to help.  Its just going to make me feel like this again in a few days!  When my brain is all foggy like it is this morning, it is easy for my brain to try to trick me into thinking that if I just ate some sugar or some grains I would feel all better.  And I might, but not for long.  I am really trying to stay forward thinking and not focus on a quick fix in the moment!

Started the 21st as well. This is my second Whole 30. I did pretty well on the first one. Each one is supposed to be different though. I do know more of what to expect this time around though. I found with the first one I was hugely crabby the first week and a half. Hopefully that won't happen again. My husband was not happy with me at all. It is doable and totally worth going through. Good luck!

I started on April 21st as well! I haven't had any big problems with hunger or cravings yet, but I am feeling tired and my face is breaking out in tiny pimples. I'm hoping it resolves itself and isn't some kind of reaction to something I'm eating.  :(

Figuring out what to eat for meals has been super simple since I followed the Week 1 Meal Plan from The Clothes Make the Girl and made a bunch of food ahead of time. She's the same person that created the meal map in ISWF and authored the Well Fed cookbook.Her plan is the perfect mix of cooking ahead while still having flexibility to choose what you want to eat for each meal. For those of you who are overwhelmed by the amount of food you have to cook/eat (I know I was) I think her method really works. 

Archived