So on Day 12, eczema is clearing

For a little over 4 years, both of my legs from knees to ankles became covered in eczema.  Itchy, scabby, ugly, and bloody, I would wake up at night, scratching furiously.  About a year ago, I went gluten free as an experiment after spending a fortune on doctors, hydrocortisone creams, steroids, biopsies, etc.

Within 6 weeks, my legs were 95% rash free.  However, there is still about a 5 inch patch that never went away.  I am on Day 11 of the whole 30 and just this morning, I discovered that the patch is clearing.

I'm thinking I should continue Whole 30 until that patch clears, and then carefully and cautiously begin reintroduction to finally find and eliminate permanently whatever the culprit (or culprits) are.

Is it dairy?  Is it corn?

Clearing up my legs to this point after 4 years has seemed a miracle.  Could I really clear this up completely with just diet?

You are lucky, for many people with psoriasis and eczema, regular paleo/whole30 style paleo isn't enough to see improvement. I have psoriasis and whole30-style eating made it worse. I'm now doing AIP with extra limitations (no nightshades, eggs, nuts or seeds) to see if i can get it into remission. 6 weeks now and no luck so far though.

Kaytoo - I have trouble with everything on this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolamin not just wheat. The only grain that doesn't make me sick is rice, but the more I eat it, the less well I feel, so I avoid it as much as possible. I get a very delayed reaction to corn, same with dairy. Both also seem to lower/compromise my immune system, so if I eat either, I often get sick in the following two weeks.

I found quite a lot of medicines contain corn, so read your labels.

Yay for you!  My husband got rid of his last patch of psoriasis while doing a whole 30.  He had that patch ever since he could remember.  His triggers are potatoes, wheat and dairy, plus some night shades...and stress.  Congrats!

Archived