Limiting anxiety in the next 2 weeks (Whole 15)

Carlaccini

My rosacea is thankfully limited to redness, so I just get really red cheeks, nose and a bit on my chin. Paleo hasn't seemed to reduce this redness any, but it's still early days I guess, and I can definitely tell when I've eaten something that makes it play up!

R - my lovely bf/partner arrived last night.  He was shocked by my mom's appearance.  Talks were made to "fatten her up" as she is the thinnist she's ever been in her life.

I kind of lost it a bit last night.  I have been trying to help and cook healthy food for my mom - but she does nothing but complain about it and make excuses why she won't eat it.  So hence why I gave up in order to keep my sanity.  I feel bad for her.  I want to desperately help her, but she is her own worst enemy, and will do her own thing dispite recommendations from Dr's and others. Okay I think I need to say good-bye to this subject matter now - before this will be everything I talk about here.  I don't want that. 

Food consumption today:

B - Morning Scrambler - ground beef, onions, handful of shredded sweet potato, handful of power greens, 2 eggs, mayo.

L - Mixed Greens salad, can of tuna, balsamic/mayo dressing, roasted squash, apple 

D - sandwich steak (thinly sliced steak) roasted carrots

Mood is better.  Although my sleep is still suffering.  Mainly because a thunderstorm woke me up.  I loved the cool breezes coming in though. (it's been humid lately)

You can lead a horse to water... Maybe limit your help to other things around the house and just avoid talking about food.

I love a good thunderstorm! We generally have storms at least once a week in summer, but this year was decidedly un-stormy.

Wow!  Day 15.  Didn't think it would come so fast.

2 days ago I was feeling heavy and bloated (normal for the timeline) today my jeans are fitting ever so slightly better.  So I call that a plus.  Plus BF who hasn't seen me in 2 weeks says I look like I lost weight as well.  Well I know I lost that "puffiness" that I had.  So that's good.  There was no scale before, so I have no idea where I was exactly before.

Monday I have an MRI on my knee.  I will be so happy to figure out what's going on here.  Tired of toddling around and protecting my knee for the last 2 months.  It will either have to be operation + physio or just plain physio.

Tomorrow's the party for my dad's 70th.  Kind of looking forward to it.  I don't get to see a lot of my dad's family too much anymore.  My intention is not to off road too much.  I probably will not have any cake.  Maybe a glass of wine or some punch.  We shall see.  I know there will be foods that I can eat there (my brother and I are sharing food responsibilities.)

Food today

B - Morning Scrambler - ground beef, onions, shredded sweet potato, handful of power greens, 2 eggs.  Coffee with light coconut milk (this ticked me off - grocery store had only Thai Kitchen Lite coconut milk)

L - Sandwich steak, roasted carrots, brussel sprouts, apple

D - don't know yet.

Great job staying on track through all this stress! 

I think the whole 30 played a big part in keeping my stress and anxiety at a torlerable level. 

I also know that I have a rather alive and well sugar dragon.  More days than not I was wanting chocolate as a coping mechanism. 

Archived