Post whole30 snacking of compliant foods

I had a great first whole30 and finished about 45 but now I'm finding myself eating 1 or 2 snacks every day but it seems a bit out of control even if it's always whole30 compliant for example i'm having about 200 grams of shredded coconut which seems way to much or loads of dates and lara bars at the weekend. (Weekends are normally when I would binge). I've only gone 'off-track' once and had wine on a few occasions but would like to stop the addition to dates and coconut! 

If you feel you're going down the slippery slope with the snacking, that's a good indication that you should probably go back to basics and try to not snack at all; i.e., do another Whole30 (or Whole14 or whatever), until you've got it in hand again.

The dates and larabars are signs you haven't quite tamed your sugar cravings.

The dates and larabars are signs you haven't quite tamed your sugar cravings.

I would argue that the coconut and wine are signs of this, as well.

I spent some time off-roading recently and now I'm back and feeling better.  Really, it's just a matter of deciding you've had enough, making up your mind and doing it. It took me about 4 weeks of abusing myself before I jumped back on for another Whole 30.  You really don't realize how crappy the sugar is making you feel until you cut it out again and it's like a fog has been lifted.  Good luck!

For me, dates and coconut flakes (and nuts!) are hand-to-mouth foods that signify mindless eating - I don't eat them because I'm hungry, I eat them because they're delicious, and I rarely portion out a reasonable amount and eat them like a dignified person - I eat them until I suddenly discover there's nothing left in the packet.

Try telling yourself you can have x number of dates/handful of coconut AFTER you've eaten a tin of tuna. If you're willing to eat the tuna then you are hungry, so while it would still be a snack (and yeah, probably counts as dessert), it removes that thoughtless shovelling.

Archived