Wholly Awesome!

Derval

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last couple of days I have been thinking I look a bit leaner, nothing like the wowee transformations on w30 fb page - I reckon they were all on pizza & coke before - but a difference none the less.

Dying my roots right now so killing time dum de dum

Have deadlifting at CF tonight - the numbers on my strength programme are getting sscary. The last set tonight is 3+ @ 99kg. Holy moley.

Day 21

Gosh I have no idea what time I got up at ?? 9-ish I presume.
usual blk coffee,
2 pieces egg loaf & mayo, blk coffee

lunch was tuna salad with mayo, peach after
post-22-14086481154107_thumb.jpg

coffee + banana at 3.30ish
half chicken breast + mayo at 5pm

CF at 6.30 - :wub: Loving my deadlift progress :wub:  At Christmas I had 1 fugly rep at 100kg. Tonight .....
99kg x 5. Boom! Tiger Blood in full effect - also did pretty well on metcon :)

8pm -- chickeen, carrots, spuds, and of course mayo :lol: Eh maybe I should ease up on the mayo, the only thing I didn't put it on today was the banana!!

post-22-14086482059576_thumb.jpg

Whatever o'clock :) I had leftover potatoes fried up in ghee with smokey bacon & 3 eggs. NYOM. 2 blk coffees

post-22-14087256164318_thumb.jpg

Around noon we went en famille to Masseys Wood. Ended up being a *much* longer walk than planned as we ended up off planned trail and walked for 3 hours. Well & truly knackered after that, esp after the heavy lifting last night.
The kids just about survived!

A passer-by kindly took our pic (as it turned out she's in Dh's running club!)

10562967_10152450285043666_7099681700513

and here is one of the oldest trees in County Dublin :)

10606308_10152450285358666_1408224609006

We ate lunch sitting on a felled tree beside a stream, nice :) I had leftover roast chicken mixed with mayo & sundried tomatoes with cucumber & cherry tomatoes. clementine.

post-22-14087256971787_thumb.jpg

4pm - much needed coffee + banana

5.30pm - made the donor kebab recipe from well fed in to lamb burgers - Too salty! and I used half the amount she said (i find her recipes a bit heavy handed on the salt. served withs alad and very tasty griddled zuchinni. It was time consuming as this small quantity took 3 rounds of the grill pan, but I tossed it in evoo, lemon juice & cumin before cooking & it was delish.

post-22-1408725715461_thumb.jpg

eta - just got my delivery from  www.bulkpowders.ie 1kg almond butter - so funny it says on the label "consumption of almond butter is self-limiting so we advise using this product in accordance with your dietary requirements"
Tastes great & the cheapest I've found . Use my referral DC184131 to get 5e off 15e order. Also available in uk and other euro countries. Kicking myself that I ordered the original bill tong instead of the peri peri as it had brown sugar. Also got samples of protein bars & flapjacks which will also have to wait...

another tree cos nature rocks.

post-22-14087256652405_thumb.jpg

We went to funtasia water park today - up at 7:30 to get there for opening time - we had a great time for a full hour before everyone else starting turning up - couldn't believe my littlest going on the bigger slides (not the really big ones) all by herself... my kids know no fear - that's probably why there have been 2 broken arms this year!!! Had a great time...

Into town for lunch I had a steak and jacket potato with sateed onions - it was delicious... but even though I read the "can I have" and it "allowed" sunflower oil because we all need to go out to eat occasionally during W30 - I can't help but feel I've cheated!!! Says egg mocha girl (didn't have that this morning BTW - leftover hash and enough for breakfast tomorrow too...)  Don't know what to have for dinner - I'm not really hungry - more tired...

Cx

• Moderators

Thanks for sharing your hike with us. So gorgeous!

I agree that Mel is heavy handed with the salt--especially on some of those bangers/burgers/balls recipes. I thought maybe she uses coarser kosher salt or something, but she does in general skew bold when it comes to flavor. I also generally leave out the cayenne and halve the red pepper flake in her recipes. I like heat, but it doesn't like me. :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Oh I have to leave out cayenne/chilli cos of the kids - even if I halve the chilli and use the mild powder they would still be grabbing at their throats and drinking litres of milk!!

Oh don't mention the war Clannah!!

Day 23

Busy day at our house - Alex went to a climbing wall centre for the first time at a party , Lily is having her first sleepover and Ray ran the Frank Duffy 10 mile (62:30, fast fecker!)  I am the facilitator of all their adventures!

Food wise I feel a bit like Jesse

but today it was pork!

9.30am - 3 scrambled egg, 4 strips bacon, cherry tomatoes
1pm - in Dundrum, home of my beloved Butlers cappucinno :(  really hungry so got a tub of plain nuts in M&S 
2.45pm - home and *starving* - what the heck is in the fridge??? carrot sticks, cucumber slices, 2 too hungry not quite hard boiled eggs, 2 slice prosciutto, sundried tomatoes, mayo. Blk coffee+ banana
5.30pm - gammon, carrots & green brans, potatoes.

Would murder a glass of wine right now.....

Wow he is fast - I was happy to do 6 miles in 55mins :) I do wonder what I've really got in me though - a girl I used to run with (and beat) got 2nd female place in a local 5k race recently and it makes me curious...

I am feeling really frustrated today - can't work out why (it may be that the end of school hols are in sight and I am getting antsy for a little freeeeeeedooooommmm!!!) - and cravings are sending me mental.... I stayed on plan all the same but I was sorely tempted to throw in the towel today at 18days - less than 2 weeks to go - 12 days -Thursday week - (not counting honest) I should probably go longer to get it out of my system but I know I am going  for a Mexican (http://777.ie) on 6th September to see my best friend and bridesmaid and I can't bloody wait :):blink:

3 days this week I have had headaches :( Even after an extra coffee (have been sticking to max of 2 before lunch in general) and trying to drink more water!!  I never normally get headaches :(

Usual breakfast, lettuce chicken "fajita's" for lunch and thai green curry for dinner today  - curry always feels naughty even when its made "clean" just the thing for a cravy day :)  Loving pak choi recently :)

Cx

Day 24

Struggling today :( last night dh was eating crisps & drinking cider, the kids were eating crisps and sweets and I had my flippin raspberries. Nice & all as they were I miss my weekend treat of wine & "goodies".

Also swung back to "and I haven't even lost any weight" :(

Argh.

Tired today due to less sleep than I'm used to - closer to 7 than 9-10. Ha I'm a lover of sleep what can I say?!

9am - 2 boiled eggs, piece of leftover gammon. 2 blk coffees.

12.30 - bowl gazpacho. 2 hb eggs with mayo. Raw carrot & cucumber. Chorizo.

3.30pm banana, almond butter & walnuts

5.30 - am going to have bolegnase with zoodles.

End of the month angst, today I've gone over my ynab (already ammended!) grocery budget. Felt very tearful going around Aldi thinking there is no way I can get everything we need for the 16e left in that category :( True dat as the kids would say, I couldn't. Sigh.

Will just have to whack some moles and juggle some money.

1 week to back to school Clannah, hold strong! ! Ah I feel a bit bad, ds is miserable to be going back :( 6th class, going to be a lot of work.

Maybe this is a third week thing - should call it the whole meh... it was your day 16/17 when you were like this Derval. 17/18/19 for me and I am totally peeved in a REALLY bad mood... Tayto park tomorrow if the weather is good...  Best bring packed lunch I doubt there will be paleo food available.  The whole disorganised messy house thing is starting to get on my mammaries too - I really need to get organised.

Thai Chicken for breakfast, beef curry with green beans for dinner - I made some beetroot dip finally tonight to try it and just had some apple and almond butter as I wasn't really hungry - I'm not moving enough to eat so much, exercise is the next phase... once the kids are off to school.

Day 20 tomorrow. 2/3 through...

You can do it. 

I am ignoring my sweetie craving at the mo. 

Do you usually have a treat night at the weekend? 

I think that might be a good idea for me when I have finished the W30. 

I am considering Paleo for most of the week but picking one evening where I can eat a treat I really like. I am not really into drinking at home - I just never developed a taste for it but a really nice piece of cake would be brill. I am kind of limited because of Coeliac disease but there is a GF bakery on Kevin St. 

OK I just read above and I now realise I am drooling. 

I know you can make it and I'll bet you look amazing. Donal hasn't seen you for ages and couldn't believe how great you look in your FB profile pic. 

Thanks girls,

Ha ha Em I'm drooling reading about your drooling. Yes I usually try to eat good & clean during the week and have a treat one of the weekend nights,  usually wine + lindt choc, or those Lidl veg crisps.
Thanks for compliments re profile pic, I don't think my super glam birthday pic is representative of how I usually look ^_^ Cover photo is more like it - hoody & sweats, pontyail & no make-up :lol:

• Moderators

Very unfortunate to have a W30 ending at the end of the month when money is tight! Did you make out ok with YNAB? There's always shuffling to be done, I suppose, but when there's less to shuffle it's very stressful! I must figure out a way to divvy grocery money week to week even though I get paid once a month. And the next W30 I do will end mid month!

Also, y'all made me google beet root dip and now you've given me a new hummus alternative to try. Thank you!

One of the bonuses of switching to YNAB is actually not having to divvy up the money into a weekly shopping budget - it gives me more freedom to do a bigger shop when i see good deals or to stock up at start of month, rather than trying to keep to €x per week, of course sometimes it back fires and the last week of the month there is too left to be possible. Overspends in several categories this month...grr. I will sort it out, roll on pay day!

Day 20!!

B: Scrambled egg, smoked salmon and tomatoes, black tea

L: Leftover beef curry small portion so I had an egg mocha and a banana

D: Pork chop with baked potato and a bacon, cabbage, mushroom and apple stirfry (I'm stuffed)

Cleaned the house today and ironed all the uniforms (a task I'm not overly happy is restarting!!), sorted all the washing - although my airer is full again already :(

Tayto park was cancelled due to the good ol' Irish weather :rolleyes:

Kids sending me nuts this last week - they just got a lecture...

on the countdown now... you had better all stick around with me after Dervals finished or I'll be all lonesome!!

Cx

Your ratio of struggling to stellar days is still pretty amazing. Also it's a Gymnast Derval's 30 days, which is so awesome. 

I think I need to look at this YNAB. Maybe after Japan trip, no way I can stay within my means there. Good stuff. 

What a pissy day, rain rain rain. I also cleaned my house (because a friend was coming over to visit - I should get people to vsiit every day!)

Day 25!!! twenty....five!!!

9.30am - so friggin sick of eggs (ha ha the subject of the dailt digest was sick of eggs, bang on) so I made a batch of minced pork with the seaoning mix from M>J's Scotch eggs, grated sweet potato and baby spinach. So a bowl of that & 2 blk coffees

12.45pm - bowl of broc & cauli soup - way too thick, more like a bowl of baby food. Not partic hungry

3.30pm - guess?? go on!! yeup coffee + banana

5pm - half chicken breast + mayo

6.30 - Crossfit, jeez turned up and we had 2 visitors (south african?) actual CF competitors. Friggin body on this girl, omfg. And the guy like strict pressed 82.5kg, wah!! Ok class, not great, tummy was a bit queasy after a long bathroom trip earlier in the evening.. :ph34r:

7.30ish - couldn't be arsed reheating my dinner or cooking veg so I had a cold chicken leg and 4 roasted baby potatoes :) and an apple + almond butter.

Nighty night folks

Archived