Wholly Awesome!

Derval

Day 26 :)

9.30am - pork brekkie mix same as yesterday, only 1 blk coffee :)

12pm - blk coffee

12.45pm - bowl of broc & cauli soup with crisped prosciutto "croutons"

5pm - tsp of lamond butter & some roasted cashews as I cooked dinner

5.30pm - Czech meatballs, sauteed onion & mushrooms, rocket (arugula) salad, roast baby potatoes.

Definitely running out of W30 steam & looking fwd to it being over. I don't know why - it's not like I still won't have to shop/plan/cook meals....

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but you won't have to think so hard about it! How will your shopping, cooking and eating change post W30?

You've only got a few days left, woot!

Yes, it should be easier...maybe! Here's the thing - I really feel as if I haven't lost weight/size and that was my primray goal this W30 so I've signed up for an online weight loss group for September

http://www.thenutcoach.com/#!ignition-group/c29k

I am apprehensive as to how I'll get along with it, but have to try something - I can not afford to buy a whole new wardrobe for autumn/winter and the extra 10+ lbs just make everything tight & uncomfortable :(  I just have to find the right balance for my body to shed the excess.

• Moderators

W30 has never really meant significant weight loss for me thus far, so I feel your pain! I keep making tweaks and hoping for the best while praying for patience. I hope it works for you, lady, and that maybe there will be a miraculous shift in the final days of your W30. I know it's worked well in the past for you, but no big changes in your last two, correct? What's the difference, do you think?

:(  I just have to find the right balance for my body to shed the excess.

Yeah, "just" following the whole30 doesn't lead to weight loss for me either. Never has, but following the recommendations as well as the rules is better: ie. no nuts, no snacking, finding the exact right balance of protein, fat and carbs (I seem to be able to consume A LOT of fat without any pesky satiety signals to stop me, so I have to watch it). I guess I would just say I've found tiny tweaks can make a big difference, so don't go throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Good luck however you decide to go.

I have lost size since starting this but not as much as last time I don't think... last time though I was at least exercising sporadically and I think I had higher muscle mass... My stomach is definitely smaller and my muffin top is pretty much gone. I am going to enjoy the weekend with my friend after I have finished and when my parents come over but I am going to try to stick as much as possible to the template.

I bought myself some new exercise clothes and daywear today and two pair of shoes - only cheapies but all my jumpers from last need to be in the bin!

Feeling tired. School tomorrow!! Yeay!!

Yeah, "just" following the whole30 doesn't lead to weight loss for me either. Never has, but following the recommendations as well as the rules is better: ie. no nuts, no snacking, finding the exact right balance of protein, fat and carbs (I seem to be able to consume A LOT of fat without any pesky satiety signals to stop me, so I have to watch it). I guess I would just say I've found tiny tweaks can make a big difference, so don't go throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Good luck however you decide to go.

W30 has never really meant significant weight loss for me thus far, so I feel your pain! I keep making tweaks and hoping for the best while praying for patience. I hope it works for you, lady, and that maybe there will be a miraculous shift in the final days of your W30. I know it's worked well in the past for you, but no big changes in your last two, correct? What's the difference, do you think?

Thanks for the replies & feedback girls, LM you are right, I think the only W30 I had a significant weightloss was my first one when I dropped 125>120 asfair. Holy cow, can't imagine being that weight now - funny looking back to one of my before/after pics I posted I can really see the diff CF has made to my upper body - my arms/shoulders are way bigger, but in a good way (well not so good in some ways, couldn't get my arms in to one of my fitted tops yesterday!!).

Maybe the big losses only happend if you are changing from a different way of eating, rather than going paleo to W30. But you'd think a month of no Lindt or Merlot would make a difference surely? Anyway we'll see Saturday, maybe the numbers will surprise me.

I did feel at one point magic fat loss was happening but then it went again....I dunno...maybe I loosened up too much on fruit, snacks etc...hmmmm. But yes I am very aware of not throwing it (paleo) all in in the search for weight loss. I'm not going to go back to my WW days (of low fat bread, cheese, yoghurt etc) but maybe some happy mid point...

Thanks again for your thoughtful posts, even if I haven't lost a single pound my W30 has still been a positive experience because it got me re-involved in this uplifting community of great people and I got to help (I hope!) my friend Emma doing her first W30 too.

So apart from all that, todays eats

Day 27

9.30am - as yesterday
11.30am - blk coffee + a clementine at playcentre with Lily & some mums from school.
1.30pm - rocket, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, hot smoked salmon with evoo & balsamic. cm coffee.
bombed after lunch, felt really tired & nauseous, lay down in bed for an hour and listened to NPR's "wait, wait...don't tell me" new find & I am hooked!
5.15 - half portion of dinner
6.30 - CF class

8pm - full portion of dinner - cauli egg fried rice with chicken & cashew nuts - yum. Slice of melon.

Just stopping by to say "Hi, Derval!"  I've missed you.  You were gone for a while, and then I've been gone for a while, but now we're both back.  I'm just checking in with some old friends.  This place is like family.  Even when you've been gone a while, you can pick up where you left off.  But unlike family, no one judges you for your absence. :)

Day 23:

B: Poached eggs bacon tomatoes and mushrooms

L: Tinned makeral in tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, pepper and olives

D: Savoury mince with broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, and potatoe/parsnip mash

Early dinner today.

I am wishing the last 7 days away but enjoying the food all the same, definitely feeling good skin wise but am very tired after a less than stellar nights sleep - one week to go :)

Cx

Day 28

9.30am - pork mix with fried egg on top, blk coffee

12 - cm coffee

12.45pm - leftover cauli fried rice
3pm - banana, mandarin & a few cherries at playground with kids
5.30pm - bolegnase & zoodles.

Tired out after trip to playground. Kids going out to training, 2 hrs of peace,,,,,will have a cm decaff, maybe banana & almond butter too.

Day 29!!
can you belive it? nearly there, but jimminy the last 7-10 days have draaagggged.
Good day today :)

8.30am , yep early start ;) 2eggs scrambled, 2 slices prosciutto, cherry tomatoes, 2 blk coffeese

10am - CF Class - let me just say I was bricking my deadlifts this morning , on my sheet I had - 5x82.5, 3x93.5, 1+ x 104.5!!
I really surprised myself and got out 4 reps at 104.5 - thrilled to bits! Feel confident I will hit new pr of 110kg (242lb) in test week starting 8thsept.

12.30pm - leftover cauli fried rice

3pm - cm coffee + banana

5.30pm - yummy dinner of sweet potato, chorizo, onions , 2 fried eggs.

8pm - apple + almond butter.

So I'm doing to do my weight & measurements tomorrow morning and finish up a day early. A bientot mes amis :)

6 days to go for me - not too much celebrating tomorrow now... Only kidding well done - great stuff!!

(Green eyed monster is growling :P)

I also feel I'm not getting the same results as with my first but I am going to make as asserted effort over my last week to exercise and keep my fats within guidelines :)

Enjoy your weekend - what's happening again - celebratory drinks after training isn't it :) Yeay!!

The after wod drinks have been postponed so I *could* stay compliant food wise today....undecided.
Just did all my measurements and I'm actually quite pleased :)
Down 2.6lbs to 135.
Waist down half inch
Hips/tummy down an inch
I'm getting bf% done this morning at CF.
Pleased overall. Pic shows a difference.
post-22-14093865254864_thumb.jpg

That is amazing. I think you look great and besides it looks like you have been doing incredible things in your crossfit class.  Those chin-up things are no joke. 

You have totally inspired my W30. Sorry for not lasting 30 days but it was a decision rather than an emotional feeling that made me cut short. I feel fantastic. Thanks xxxx

That is amazing. I think you look great and besides it looks like you have been doing incredible things in your crossfit class.  Those chin-up things are no joke. 

You have totally inspired my W30. Sorry for not lasting 30 days but it was a decision rather than an emotional feeling that made me cut short. I feel fantastic. Thanks xxxx

Thank you! It makes me very happy to know I have impacted someones life in a postive way like this -_- You didn't chuck it in on impluse, you planned a day 36hrs early,  to finish and you did great, so proud of you!

Congrats, Derval! You're doing so great. So pleased you're pleased after such worry.

Thanks LM, all that wringing of hands for nothing, of course I would have liked if it was 4-6lbs but when you're expecting nothing 2.5 is great! :D

and of course the other big plus, and one I partially attribute to the great food, is my CF performance has shot up this month, at least to my mind!

So today Day 30....and feck it, it's one more day, let's do this!

9.30am - scrambled eggs, prosciutto & cherry tomatoes, blk coffee

11am - CF mobility class

1pm - same as last nigths dinner - sweet potato, chorizo, onions, 2 eggs

6pm - pork ris with taco rub, sautteed zuch & sweet potato. Apple & almond butter

Tomorrow we are going out for pre-back-to-school treat and having brunch in town...I'm planning to have this :ph34r: I will prob fall in to a coma....so may go with the smoked salmon egg hollandaise either. OOh and a Bloody Mary too!

10603383_707817232587449_811663431641905

Well done on your weight lifting Derval!  I only watched it just now - and here I am congratulating myself on my kettlebells!! Ah well its just the start of my exercise journey!! 

I have decided where to start: Running - going to get back to being able to do my usual 7k (4and a bit miles) route in 35mins - took me about 45mins this am - I walked the start whilst psyching myself up and had to walk about a 100m in the middle. Firstly I'll just get to being able to run the whole route then start intervals etc to get my speed up :)

Toning Abs buns and guns challenge - my new 30 day challenge.

So I came home and started that

day 1: 15 full sit ups, 5 crunches, 15 leg raises, 10 squats (with 8kg KB), 5 pushups (half leg ones only managed 1 sort of push up).

I will do the basic yoga that I  can remember and also some extra KB exercises on top. 

My goal here is to be able to do 10 full pushups ASAP but preferably before Christmas as a deadline. 

At the end of this month once I've worked on my basic fitness alone for a while I'm going to look into classes.  I have my eye on Kettlebells, yoga and Pilates and Barre.  I think I will buy Bear Grylls Train for life book he has loads of KB exercises and Yoga (he call them Power Poses - more manly ;) ) His diet section is totally Paleo - looks like a good book but perhaps a bit old hat for those far along in their paleo/primal journey :)

Right shower and housework!!

Well I'm on Day 29!!! Yeay

I did 6.3k in 40 mins this am - I begrudged every slope, road crossing and curb all the way around  <_<  I walked the first 400m ( I needed to psych myself up again - mentally I am struggling) and walked about 100m at the top of my street on the way home. I'll get there :unsure: 

I skipped my abs challenge yesterday - I was so tight I couldn't do the movements without some aerobics to remove the acid from my muscles after Mondays effort!! So I did todays challenge twice (nearly - I couldn't quite get the numbers up on the full sit up icon_e_biggrin.gif) I'm so out of shape I need to take it a bit easier on myself!! Slowly slowly catchy monkey... If I miss a day in future I will just miss it icon_e_smile.gif

I need to get to bed (and sleep) earlier - 11pm at the latest icon_e_smile.gif

I'm actually feeling more enthusiastic about the W30 now that its nearly over and the "what'll I do now?" fear is kicking in.. I'm going to try to stay on plan as much as possible and my breakfasts have been better examples this last few days :) I had some seafood - prawns, muscles and squid for a pre-workout breakfast and just had proper breaky now - 2 eggs, 2 slices or proscioutto, tomatoes and guinndilla pepper fried in the pan - scrumptious and a black coffee :) Just going to have some fruit and a shower :)

How are you doing post 30 Derval :)

Archived