Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Learn to the blow the stink off.  Stinkin' Thinkin'.

No one can do this for you.  You know I believe in seeking help and wise counsel.  You cannot make excuses and huge rationalizations about a food addiction or any kind of addiction.  Smoking, drinking, obsessive housecleaning, handwashing, anything.  Nothing.

We don't get to blame it on having babies or taking care of the older folkaronies.  Stress messes with everything and if you need help,  ask for it.  

Do you know what prevents people from going into their Promised Land.    Fear.    It's fear of the giants and gila monsters, lily livered yellow bellied sapsucker fear.  

Fear causes people to have one foot in the Promised Land and the other on a banana peel.  Fear causes people to eat it all back just as soon as they walk through the gates.  Many a  weight releaser has lived to tell the tale of eating all back,  starting on Day 31 or Day 331.  

No one can give you the will to live and that's what it comes down to.  You have to set your will and choose life.  Living your very best life that was meant for you.  Without you, the world is missing out on a very important piece of the puzzle.   You are so worth it.  

Maw wants me to help her sibling do this.  I'm giving it everything I've got but she's not.  It really marshes my mellow and gives me a big pinch.   Auntie Em is knocking up against heaven's door and has 150 lbs of weight releasing for the sake of her heart health.   

Every day, I call and write and encourage.  I can do that but she needs to go for help and wise counsel. Family and friends can't do for you what a counselor/therapist/doctor can do.  They can scare the multi-crap out of you in a good way if that's what it takes or they have other techniques to help you succeed.  

I went for help.  I use Urge Surfing and other tools in my kit as I tool along with W30.  I wish I could go back and relive those lost numbed out years but I can't.   I decided that living my best life was better than going through the motions.

I can't give Auntie Em the will to live.  The binge awakens and there is a food reckoning if you try to be so brutally strict with yourself.  Dialed down everything.  All or nothing.  Good girl/bad girl.  Naughty or nice. 

She's coming off a food explosion full on food bender blowout.  It was raining taco chips and potato chips swept her off her feet.  She already went to the Promised Land of milk and honey and Dairy Queen.

She was laughing and thought it was hilarious.  It just made me very, very SAD sad.  I used to make huge rationalizations about having a food addiction. My ears are finely tuned now and those stand out so clearly to me when I hear them, or read them.   I really like laughing but not about addictions. I take that very seriously.  

I want everyone to succeed and make it into their Promised Land.   Mine is not filled with gummy bears or multi-crap or sugarplum fairies.  I can't give someone the will to care about their life  more than addiction.   But I also don't want someone to have a heart attack before they reach rock bottom. 

I consider my new energy a blessing.  With all of my soul and innermost being.  This benefit of energy keeps the WD30 alive in my mind.   

This same energy is available to you, too.  It's time to realize that you don't have to accept your old food addiction.  You can change and see the change in your eyes.  You were not designed and destined to live a life filled with food rewards that don't give you any comfort.

Fear keeps us out of our Promised Land.  There's might and strength and bravery in numbers. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Self sabotage = Fear

The most common self sabotaging behaviors are self-medicating with food and alcohol.  They are a misguided attempt to rescue ourselves from negative experiences and fear.

Sugar = Approval & Cheering & Love

If someone uncovers their secret key, did it change everything then?

I've been willing to plumb the depths of my soul for answers.  We have to search the dark corners and ugly places of ego and the super ego.  We hope to find the signs that point towards the key to unlock the mysteries of binge eating in our lives.

If you have no trauma to tie toward disordered eating and food addiction - no readily identifiable trauma.  No abuse.  

No obsessive attitudes about food and dieting.  No one seemed hung-up on food in general at your house...

Is it all genetic somehow?  

No particular peer pressure.  Not an overweight child.  Did not suffer the slings and arrows of bullies.

No sneak or secret eating.   Binge and dis-eating. 

There are certain foods that make people crazy pants.  Theoretically, do you know the why, why, why?

Have you given up on the why.  

Have you searched for the connections and patterns in your life.  Did you seek help to unlock all of the mysteries of thrill and binge eating in your life.  Has it changed everything for you then?

High stress  =  Big Unhappy

O Bliss,  O joy,  O happiness found. 

Maw started putting karo corn syrup into my baby formula.   :P  Maw ate cinnamon rolls, chocolate milk and coffee during the prior 9 months.   She lived on sugars.   That part ticks me, it really ticks me.  

I drank chocolate syrup in my baby bottle until I was 5 years old.  Ayup.  I carried a choco bottle around with me until it was time to go to kindergarten.  Kids teased me.  I rolled the bottle up with the corner of my dress..all of the way to my mouth.  My undies were showing but I was hooked on the bottle.  

When I gave up the choco bottle, I graduated to black licorice.  Maw let me have licorice all of the time. That part ticks me, it really ticks me.  What were you thinking Maw.  She was young and didn't know two hoots about nutrition.  

She grew up with very little food in the house for a dozen kids.  Paw, too.  They didn't have enough to eat.  Ever.  Paw and his siblings developed rickets from malnutrition.  Maw has all kinds of health issues from basically starvation during the formative years.   Her siblings, ditto.

These are part of the keys to my genetic issues with food and binge eating. There's much more but that's the gist of everything.   In Maw's mind,  Sugar = approval & cheering & love.  

All of Maw's siblings are afraid of being hungry.  All of them.   They did without and not by choice.  None of them have anorexia but almost all have a binge eating/food addiction disorder.  Family reunions are a return to the scene of the crime and taking unpleasant trips down memory lane.  After all of the crying is done, it's time to eat all the things.  And we do.   Next.

I was highly allergic to corn syrup as a child.  Somehow,  I just kept hitting the reset button and eating all of the corn syrup just to make sure.   Funny, how that works.  We develop abby normal cravings for the foods we are allergic to and develop a deep abiding love and affection for them.  

As a working adult,  I lived on gummy bears and licorice and chocolate milk.  Thanks.  Maw.

During the winter months, I would go through bags of gummy bears until I couldn't hold anymore. Then I would throw them off the balcony into the snow.  Come the spring thaw,  all of those gummy bears were still sleeping there all over the ground.  Their rubbery bodies still intact and ready to come out of hibernation. 

I could've picked right UP where I left off and eaten them.  They were tasty bears. Cinnamon or tooty frooty flavors.  I would eat them while I was flying down the highway,  when I'd had enough - I would throw them out the window.   Getting rid of the evidence.   

I've littered up enough states with gummy bears that I could repave entire interstate highways, patching all of the potholes, too.  Gummy bears, chocolate milk and coffee.  Maw's diet affected me.  It did.  

So what and how did your mother eat when you were young and a tender sprout.   Maw did learn a few things by the time my last sibling showed up.  Kinda sorta.   She ate cottage cheese and applesauce with the last one and guess what,  that's exactly what she eats all of the time.

There is a genetic link to our mother's way of eating.  It's very complex. Throw your father's upbringing and genetics in there, along with all of your ancestors.  No wonder we can end up with all of their food addictions and problems.  They really add up.

I sat down with a food pro.  Face-to-Face.   I had to.   I could no longer hold everything at bay on my own.  Food addiction is cumulative.  Health problems started mounting up faster than I could deal. There's a reckoning with food addiction.  Alcohol, too. 

We all want to release endorphins, stay limber and in decent working order into our super duper old age. Way in the future, like, waaaaaay.  

So that was my overall goal for health and well being.  

Mojo does not exist in a bag of gummy bears.  A quick check here to replenish the spirit that I used to fill with UP with corn syrup.  

There's no such thing as the Finish Line with your health and well being. 

After a lifetime of living on sugars, you develop poor gut health.  Poor gut health can be a major cause of abby normal cravings for sugar.  

Going back to the triggers,  eating a handful of gummy bears would get me nowhere good.  I've worked very hard on my gut health.  Eating corn syrup, here a little and there a little doesn't interest me.  I've been there.  Done that.   I know how it all ends.  With T2 diabetes. 

Desserts don't interest me.  At all.    I have never liked cake.  Cookies and donuts.  Meh.  

Eating one gummy bear and throwing the rest out the window.  I'm not going to do that either.  I could take just one but it's going to start another series of gut bomb health problems.  I'm not going there because that pain is too great. 

I've never needed to be told to eat because I've made sure I didn't do without anything. However, dieting to deal with food reckonings and the gummy bear overload made a mess of everything. 

Poor gut health could be the cause of abby normal cravings for highly engineered foods.  It's going to take longer than 30 days to heal  the gut from a lifetime of eating corn syrup, sugar sugars and upside down sugars. 

Chew and Spit.  Taking one bite and spitting the rest out.  That's one aspect of food addiction.  I could not do that.    

Eating one gummy bear.  Don't need to prove to myself that I can do that because I'm highly allergic to corn syrup.  I've been overriding that reality since the day I was born.  It was time to face the music and the truth.   

I can handle the truth.   Now. 

Go to an allergist or immunologist.  You'll find out exactly what you're allergic to.

Over 2 years ago,  I ate a box of fiber 1 bars.  They're sweetened/fibered up with chicory which is a weed.  I had hives all down one side of my body.  It took a year for them to fade from my arm and fingers. I went to an allergist.

OOoo, and dandy tea blend.  Forget about that, too.  No can do.  

I am allergic to weeds like chicory and corn/corn syrup.  I surmise that Maw is, too.  She ate all the things she was allergic to and passed it on down.   Finding out the truth can help you face your tomorrows.    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicory

Common chicory is also known as blue daisyblue dandelionblue sailorsblue weedbunk,coffeeweedcornflowerhendibehhorseweed,ragged sailorssuccorywild bachelor's buttons, and wild endive.

Root chicory (Cichorium intybus var. sativum) has been cultivated in Europe as a coffee substitute. The roots are baked, roasted, ground, and used as an additive, especially in the Mediterranean region (where the plant is native). As a coffee additive, it is also mixed in Indian filter coffee, and in parts of Southeast Asia, South Africa, and southern United States, particularly in New Orleans. It has been more widely used during economic crises such as theGreat Depression in the 1930s and during World War II in Continental Europe. Chicory, with sugar beet and rye, was used as an ingredient of the East German Mischkaffee(mixed coffee), introduced during the "East German coffee crisis" of 1976-79.

Some beer brewers use roasted chicory to add flavor to stouts (commonly expected to have a coffee-like flavour). Others have added it to strong blond Belgian-style ales, to augment the hops, making awitlofbier, from the Dutch name for the plant.

Around 1970, it was found that the root contains up to 20% inulin, a polysaccharide similar to starch. Inulin is mainly found in the plant family Asteraceae as a storage carbohydrate (for example Jerusalem artichokedahliayacon, etc.). It is used as a sweetener in the food industry with a sweetening power 110 that of sucrose[25] and is sometimes added to yogurts as a prebiotic. Inulin is also gaining popularity as a source of soluble dietary fiber andfunctional food.[26]

Chicory root extract is a dietary supplement or food additive produced by mixing dried, ground chicory root with water, and removing the insoluble fraction by filtration andcentrifugation. Other methods may be used to remove pigments and sugars. It is used as a source of soluble fiber. Fresh chicory root typically contains, by dry weight, 68% inulin, 14%sucrose, 5% cellulose, 6% protein, 4% ash, and 3% other compounds. Dried chicory root extract contains, by weight, about 98% inulin and 2% other.

You would think there wouldn't be one ounce of blathering and foaming at the mouth left.  Not true. cavitysearch-smiley.gif?1292867566  

I used to hide all of the time.  As a kid, I hid under the stairs in the cubbyhole at Grandmaw's house. There were so many kids and grandkids,  you were seldom missed.  It was the family shoe closet where we threw all of the shoes.  When we needed to go outside, we grabbed two shoes, didn't matter if they were different...just something that fit.  I played school in there.

Looking back on WD30, I can see all of the missing cubbyholes and posts I've deleted.  I was hiding and embarrassed and nervous, defeated and SAD sad.  I had been shoving everything down with food and I was really, really stuck.   

Welp.  The geyser has been uncorked and I can't stop the party.  Most of my circle is not left in suspense with what I'm having for dinner and they don't give a diddlywhop about food choices and consequences.  One day,  they will.  When the health consequences outweigh the food reward benefits.

Time for chores.  Bye Felicias.   

Understood and appreciated.  We need other choices but I'm glad there's not a dislike button. That would marsh our mellows. 

They say  that too much online time causes releasing of brain cells.  But I say that when used as a force for good,  it's all good.  So let's crank this UP.   What I'm interested in is making the WHOLE thing work. 

I'm a fisherman, catching something wonderful in my nets.  Every turn of phrase is something I've summoned UP from trusting the Whole 30 process and presence of Whole 30 folkaronies. If your nets are empty, keep fishing, fishing, fishing.   For the truth about yourself.

I used to drag my lifestyle on a rope behind me.   We can't exist by ourselves.  We need give and take.

We take energy and then give it back.   I've been here since the beginning of the WD30 group. Time distanced me from my beginning but gave me something, too.

Perspective.  Still being here at the end means being able to comprehend the entire story.  You have to know the end to understand the beginning. 

The WD30 is a train rolling across a valley.  I can see every car, the first and the last.  The engine and the caboose, which does get smaller as it goes away.   I'm not ready to fade into the scenery.  Not yet.

Regardless of shaving your toes...hair on your toes is a sign of a  good, good thing.  It means you have good circulation.  Grandmaw told me that a long time ago.  I always make sure I still have some,  bald toes are not a good sign.  

Dr. Vimal Reddy said, "Hairy toes are actually a good thing. That means you have good circulation to your lower extremities, which everyone needs."

Dr. Reddy says it's just fine to shave it off if you don't want to look at it but when it comes to other issues with your feet, it's nothing you want to try to hide or ignore.  Other times your nails can show signs of systemic disease. Like pitting in your nails or clubbing can be signs of heart disease."

Your feet can even be where you see the first signs of diabetes. "Diabetics sometimes don't know they have issues and they will come in with numbness and tingling in their feet. They're not sure why and that can be an early sign of diabetes," Dr. Reddy said.

Dr. Reddy often discovers more serious health problems in his patients. 

Clear-nail-designs-with-super-subtle-inv

• Administrators

Good to know!  I always get it waxed off when I do all my other waxings because I don't like to look at it and it catches/pinches in some shoes. But now, while I will still rip it off, I'll know that it's actually a good sign!  Thanks Meadow!

There comes a time when you no longer make huge rationalizations, blame your genetics or family.  You take full responsibility for yourself, right where you are.  You want your remaining time to be better than the marshed mellow years. 

You aren't invisible.  Going incognito doesn't hide you from your employer or anyone. There's no place to hide.  Wearing black clothes is like having a funeral for your body every day.  I did that. Paw loathes black clothes.  I make a point not to go for the black clothes when I shop but it's a habit.  I gravitate towards the body funeral - blacks and navys. 

Letting go of clothes is something you have to do.  Do not keep them around for one more rainy day. Don't clothes prep for going backwards.  Load them UP and give the nice ones away.  The rest go in the bin along with all of the dieting books.  

Have a funeral for your black clothes.   Black clothes are a keeper of the flame and torch that you carry for remaining incognito and invisible.  Those were fig newtons of the imagination.  You can't be light-hearted when you're wearing black clothes from top to bottom, every single day.   That was my uniform.

My nickname was Tish.   Black is not a happy color.  

tumblr_mon1jdMsWh1svpguyo1_250.gif

Good to know!  I always get it waxed off when I do all my other waxings because I don't like to look at it and it catches/pinches in some shoes. But now, while I will still rip it off, I'll know that it's actually a good sign!  Thanks Meadow!

You'll never forget that you need hair on your toes.  You will look at them and count it all good...in the tub or sitting on the olde thunder-mug.  :D It will give you something to do,  admire your toes. 

Have you thought about the end.  There's no such thing as the Finish Line.  

Last week, I went with Maw and we bought our final resting home.  I did it because I did not want Maw to feel alone and it's good to be prepped for whatever a long waaaaay down the road.  We cried on the way out.  It was really, really hard.  But we decided we all want to be together because together is our favorite place to be.   

When you think about your final resting home it gives you perspective about living your best life.  I don't want to be called Tish anymore.  That's over. 

We all have our preferences and final wishes but when you actually face it,  you will know you've been somewhere. I've lost so many relatives and ancestors due to poor health. Diabetes and heart conditions.

Being exactly where they were motivated me to face the music over two years ago.  If you can't do this for yourself because you don't know where to begin,  find a greater purpose and do it for that. Eventually,  you will be doing it for yourself.

In the beginning,  I did in the memory of my loved ones.  I knew they would want me to live a long life.   At the end, there is no end....I'm doing it for me. 

Bouncing your thoughts off of forum folkaronies.  They say  all of this internet time is not worth two hoots and the connections are imaginary. 

I say, this is a safe haven for the dieting road warriors.  Whewww..  Lay your body armor down and barriers that are keeping you from facing the truth about yourself.  

They say this and they say that.  Who is they?   Maybe they are super depressed and sour graping their way in a different way. 

This is my way without weigh and whey.  I did it my way.  With nitwittery, fun, laughing and some songs. But mostly with a lorra lorra lurve and true devotion to helping others pull themselves out of the muck.

I pulled myself out of the muck and sour grapes are for the birds.  Use the forum to help yourself and loved ones.

I care. 

Can we talk amongst ourselves.  I can handle the truth. 

So you have a blog and a p-interest page, and all of the rest of it.  Tell me true.  Who ya gonna call when you're feeling so low that if you sat on a dime...there still wouldn't be enough room to swing your feet.  You immediately come here and peruse through the threads.    Ayup. It's your pleasure and it keeps your hands busy while you're tooling along. 

Your blog and p-page aren't all that satisfying.  There is no interaction or answers.   In fact, most of the time, it's dead, dead, deadski.   You can post your photos until the cows come home but what you really want is answers.  All the answers.   All the time.

It's interesting that some may find me a virtual fountain of useless information but when it come's time to talk to my blog,  I really don't give two hoots about it.  No give and take, no exchange of the energy that we all need.  The river doesn't flow.    But just give me the opportunity to post here and I can't quit.  

Yes,  I am a virtual fountain of useless information, blathering and foaming at the mouth. But let me tell you....it's working for me.   I am not the same person I used to be. 

You can ask anything you want and someone is going to answer you.   I don't do the usual drill because that's not my dealio.  I give you tiddlywinks,  pinecones,  grassclippings, old tennis shoes but that's just me.   You will also receive answers that are spot on, exactly what you need to get you up and running.

Travel along the backroads of this forum and learn it.   Use it.   Find those golden nuggets of truth.  Discover what you need to change your life in unexpected ways.  

We all need balance.  Do you know your ying from your yang?  I know it's yin but I prefer ying and yang.  

I'll keep dancing with bells and hair on my toes. 

I lurve posting here before I have to do my chores.  Yes, it's procrastination but who really enjoys weed whacking every day.  I'm allergic to weeds.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Did you know that the more you relocate all over the country, you may develop allergies from doing that? The immune system can't handle or catch up with the new allergens in different areas.  That happened to Bear.  He travels all over for his job and developed all kinds of allergies to trees, weeds, grasses and so on.   He had to take those shots or he couldn't function.  Hives, eyes swollen shut.  

He's doing much better now thanks to staying in one locale.  It's irrigating day.  It's Show Time.

Bye Felicias.  

Bear taught me that you never ever leave bacon in the plastic packaging when you come home. You immediately wrap it freezer paper.  Do not store bacon in any kind of plastic because it will spoil in no time at all.   It's the first thing he does and I do it, too.   Your bacon will keep 3 or 4 times longer that way.

Freezer paper.  Do not wrap bacon in tin foil/aluminum.  Bacon needs to breathe.  Leaving your bacon in plastic is reckless abandon.  

DSC_4114.JPG

How-to-Print-on-Fabric-Freezer-Paper-Gra

Full disclosure.  Maw and Paw buy those gummy bear vitamins which are really almost as dangerous as laundry pods.

A couple of years ago,  I would go over to their house and pop them like the candy they are.  I ate a jar of gummy bear vitamins in 2 days.  I replaced them.  It didn't hurt me which tells you that's there not really much in there but corn syrup.  Do not bring those things into your house.  

Highly engineered faux foe vitamin candy.  I was kinda worried about an overdose but I was too far gone in gummy bear la la land to care back then.  I think it is deliberately blurring the lines between candy and medicine. 

In my efforts to be weaned off of corn syrup, gummy anything will not be coming back into my house.  I went over to the folkaronies and there they were sitting out.  Houston, I had to talk myself away from the brink.  Gummy = relapse.  Gila monsters.  Big Kahunas.  Lily livered yellow bellied sapsuckers. 

“The most concerning factor about gummy vitamins is that with any candy-like supplement, there is a risk of overconsumption, which can potentially be toxic,”

Gummy vitamins do have a higher sugar content than regular tablets, with about three grams of sugar for two gummies.

Gummy vitamins aren't as good for you as you might think.  Vitamins are not candy, and taking too many will lead to an overdose.

cf218df2e1485aaa24952a5512ea8882.jpg

Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.  I've been irrigating, shoveling pea gravel, weed whacking and mowing for almost 12 hours straight.  I've shut the water off and I'm hitting the hay.  I think I'm the Grass Whisperer now.  I can hear the dry grass out there telling me,  "I'm thirsty, MawMaw".   I really can, especially when I'm dog tired.

I can't post an avatar today.  I was explaining to my computer security person, controlling my computer remotely... what the W30 is all about.  I jabbered away.  He liked my photos and I let him have some because he was kind and nice.

Posting here is my reward.  It makes me feel good. There may not be anyone pinging me back but I can feel the energy.  The give and take. 

My p-page and all of the rest of it,  lopped those off.  No one in my circle is left in suspense with what I'm having for dinner.  I can't say that I'll miss them and they're not helping me in any way. Gone.  

I'm no longer rewarding myself with food.   I don't have to think about the BAB.  A BABrekkie makes all of the difference in the world.  That loving kindness is new every morning.  Great and beyond measure is the faithfulness of your routines.   They calm and restore you.

Simple things are the best.   You will not be consumed if you consume your BAB.  Wear your BAB like your body armor from the top of your head to the tips of your toes.  Good food fixes everything and mostly your head.

Tender compassions never fail.   Be good to yourself.  Lop off all the stressful things that you can.  Don't dial down your food but get rid of everything that's a time waster.

I've been making plants grow and watering everything.  There's something so healing about being outside in the midst of your garden and greenery.   It's nature's garland that gives you sweet dreams. 

Thoughts come to me when I walk away from directly concentrating on something.  I can walk up the steps or just step outside,  then the answers come.  Overthinking stops the flow.  You cannot let go when you're overthinking everything.

I watched HK hellskitch1-smiley.gif?1292867615 and GR today.  You can pick up wisdom almost anywhere.  He told someone who was all stressed out and kept making mistakes,  you have got to learn to let go.  Immediately.  Don't mull it over and make mountains out of molehills.  Get right back in there and move on.  Next.   

GR is my go-to-guy right now for stress relief.  He's been adding things to my vocabulary.  His words really work when you have a big crescent wrench that you can barely lift,  trying to turn off valves and stop leaks and you want to lay down on the ground and wail.   

Today, I set up a brand new TV for Maw.   Maw's been crying because there's alot of stress right now. I stay strong for Maw and Paw.  Showing weakness is contagious and it brings on a great deal of fear in times of sickness.  

I stay strong for me and them.  She believed she could.   So she did.

I say that as I've faced all kinds of obstacles this summer.  It's really working.   Say it.  Right before you're facing whatever wants to give you a TKO.  You'll be back up on your feet and dancing.  No rope-a-dope for you or me. 

Archived