Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did it rain? Is it over?

No rain.  Yet.  It's supposed to be 15 degrees lower in temp today.  That will help.   

It's soooo dry everywhere.  We're nowhere near normal rainfall levels.  All of these peeps traveling through are supposed to be extra careful.  I'll be glad when they go home.  

There's a reason you have to constantly whack dry weeds.

Fire makes its own weather and wind.  It's really hot and there are remnants of 6 half gallons of ice cream in the deep freezer.  Bear has eaten out of every single of them. They're his, so he can do that.

He's eating it all back in the style he's accustomed to.  He doesn't need to be fixed.  He doesn't diet, never has.  He swings from the trees and hangs off and out of helicopters. He can do whatever he wants.   If he enjoys 6 different flavors in one sitting, that's his dealio.  He has whopping boatloads of muscle mass.

Body euphoria is the experience of being in a great mood even when you are not eating ice cream. Ahhh, hail yes.  Many people have known this feeling when they give up sugars and upside down sugars - artificial sweetners.  You can feel satisfied and have inner balance and serenity in your human psyche without sugar.

TB is related to the release of hormones.  During my first W30, the feeling of hunger was gone. Leptin and ghrelin, like water... was seeking its own level. The funny thing about the TB, it diminishes fear and anxiety. 

This is exactly how nature ensured that humans in my paleo ancestor times were brave enough to hunt. Today the TB effect can still be experienced because your mood improves as your serotonin increases.

Your sleeping soundly and having wild dreams sometimes.

Serotonin causes inner harmony and satisfaction.   The result is TB. 

After a few weeks of W30, people often feel relieved and anywhere from slightly to wildly euphoric. The body is finally adjusting to getting some great nutrition.  The production of the stress hormone cortisol is decreasing at the same time the brain is releasing the feel good hormone serotonin. Moderate exercise and movement improves this revitalizing effect.  But the euphoria cannot be worked UP with your mind.  You can't just exaggerate it and make it happen.

It's either there or it's not.  I believe fish, fish, fish is the ticket to TB.   I don't think that eating manufactured bars and whopping boatloads of nuts can produce the same effect.  TB is not just your imagination.  If that were so,  it wouldn't be described as possible in ISWF.   

You're in for a real treat if it happens to you.  It's sooo worth it and alot more fun than any SWYPO food reward.  It's snarktasy, snarkodelic and snarktastic.  It's all fun.  Really.

TB is more fun than falling back into bowls of ice cream.  

Bye Felicias. 

il_fullxfull.1057799479_k4cs.jpg

Whole 30 is a Food Reset.  I call it returning back to your original factory settings.  A system restore. 

Maw's computer was recently taken over by ransomware. They've been calling her everyday and asking for $300 bucks.  Be careful.  Don't click and clack through everything like richochet rabbit.

ricochetrabbit11.jpg

Don't mouse everything like Maw does.  When the crooks called the house, she gladly gave it up. All of her personal info.  It's dreadful. But she's been under alot of stress. Stress does that.  It leaves you punch drunk and you don't think things through.

Delicate health is very hard.  It is patently unfair, isn't it.

Sugar withdrawal is miserable.  Alcoholics feel the same angst, internal struggle and urge towards rationalization and hair-pulling while imagining their life of no margaritas with nachos.  No guinness with pizza and no wine with popcorn.  Like for real, for REAL giving alcohol up.

The entirety of life is just too huge to contemplate without the comfort of alcohol. However, on a one day at a time basis they make the decision not to drink.  And fortunately, with every day that goes by that decision gets easier.  Most alcoholics cannot even remember their first drink. 

The alcoholic cannot give two hoots if it hurts anyone else's feelings if they're not going to shove their emotions down with booze.  They can't worry or wring their hands every time they're invited out to a business dinner or lunch if someone wants them to drink to make everyone feel socially happy and comfortable.  They have to sux it UP and say no.  No apologies required.

The binge eater cannot worry about going through the rest of their life making everyone else happy by eating their baked goods or food rewards.  Binge eating is a chronic disease of food rewards.

The binge eater like the alcoholic has to draw a line in the sand.   So many of us have ridden that binge eating merry-go-round that all of the horses' saddles are worn smooth from our rearends. 

No one has to live in my body.  They're free to take bites of donuts/cakes/pies/cookies and leave the rest on the table.  But it's not worth it for me.  It never was and it never will be. Playfoods got me nowhere good.  Going back to them in any amounts wouldn't change a thing.  I'd be right back where I started.  A total complete relapse and relapse was my middle name.  I'm over it.  I want to live more than play around with playfoods. 

Eating whole foods without limiting quantity.  This is exactly the strategy I've used and I swear it broke the cycles of binge eating for me.   It's made all of the difference in the world for me.  I don't eat to make other people happy.  Believe it or not, there are people who like to see you eat and they get full by proxy.  Oooo, yeah.  I've been around you know.

You go ahead and order the dessert and I'll just watch you eat it.  There's all kinds of mind warp out there and don't let anyone else fool-you-realism.  Choices and consquences.  We have to be conscious and aware of our surroundings.  Present.  Don't click and clack through life like Maw does on her computer.

Like a watchman on the wall,  keep your eyes on the prize.  No one puts baby in a corner. An alcoholic has to guard their health.  Protect it.  Defend themselves against all odds.  The binge eater does too. 

Whether we're an open book or a mysterious creature...don't fall victim to your own B.S.

Prevention vs. Reactive.  That's the key. 

Prevention works.  Today, I choose not to set my hair on fire.  

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.  How do you handle stress.  Binge eaters react with stress eating.  That's an imaginary comfort that only lasts for like 5 minutes. Then it ADDS to the stress.  

Good job on bouncing back with wise decisions when you only have a split second to prevent yourself from falling back into old behaviors and reacting like you used to do.  Times of stress are the ultimate enablers and rationalizations for overindulging and heading back out on the trail of thrill eating. 

How do you react and respond to others in times of stress.  Cooler heads prevail in every single situation.  Reactive and snapping at others makes a mess out of everything.  I can't give everyone a piece of mind, I wouldn't have anything left.  

Choose your words wisely in times of high stress.  You cannot take your words back.  Sticks and stones and words can break bones and hearts.  

Prevention vs. Reactive.  If you're always ticked off and everything gives you a big pinch and you react with every backhanded remark...Houston, it ain't about them.  It's all about you.  Stress eaters shove their emotions down with food.

When you're pulling out of the tailspin, you feel things and you have to deal.  You may be in for some bumpy turbulence on the first part of the journey.  Binge eating is a miserable kind of torture we put ourselves through when things get tough or intense or flying too close to the ground. 

Stress really is the ultimate enabler to say and do anything when the fire is too hot in the kitchen or boardroom or cubicle.  People can self-destruct everything with words in the blink of an eye.  It's much easier to just shove everything down with food.  You're only hurting yourself.

It's easier to be yourself all of the time than some of the time.  Maw does that.  She is so authentic and Bear tells everyone she's the coolest chick on the planet.  We butt heads but I'm hear to tell you,  I hug that woman and kiss her on the cheeks.   I'd do without before I'd ever let her do without a cotton pickin' thing.  You need to be calm as a cucumber in real crisis mode. 

Fear is contagious.  So is being short, abrupt and downright reactive.  Don't go there.  Choices and consequences. Today I choose not to set my hair on fire.  That's never been a problem.  But I choose not to be reactive.  Always be yourself, no matter what life throws at you.  It's easier and you don't have to explain anything.

They say the unexamined life is not worth living.  But the examined life is no real bargain either. Don't fall victim to your own B.S. 

Binge eating is a chronic disease of food rewards.  It's biochemical.  In the later stages of the disease, food becomes your constant companion.  The food addict can become filled with fear and anxiety.  In the attempt to satisfy the spirit/soul with food...your overall health worsens. Self-esteem disappears. 

Diets become your higher power only to disappoint you with each passing diet.  Without sugars, flours (even those alternative flours which uptick the blood sugar), plastic fats-transfats-phony fats....

You can find hope to live your life.

Corn syrups, sugars, upside down sugars (artificial sweetners) contribute to food addiction and food disorders.  The food addict relies on self-will and self-obsession.  The end result is overall despair or feeling that it's hopeless.  Throw the towel in and give up. 

Developing meaningful relationships becomes secondary to food.  The search for it.  Avoiding it. Secret eating or trying to out-exercise a food addiction/disorder. 

I was obese two years ago but you don't have to be to have a food addiction/disorder. One size does not fit all and it's as individual as your fingerprints.  But generally, there's obsession with food and exercise.

Secret eating = trying to compartmentalize yourself.  Your public self and private self. 

The food addict spends their life going from compartment to compartment. Trying to separate one area of behavior from another.  It's also a defense mechanism to avoid feeling fear and anxiety and despair.

We also use it as a way to deal with stress and crisis mode.

Some are pros at compartmentalizing.  It's not all negative or all positive either.  You can use it as way to take a break from a boring job or dull routines.  Food addicts may obsess not only over food but their day and bring their work home. 

The evening becomes an extension of the stressful day.   All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Decompression is mandatory.  Working long days, shoving your emotions down with food, trying to out-exercise thrill eating eventually leads to a total burn-out.  The body is like the stubborn mule.

At some point, that mule is going to lay down without you.  It's going to head back to the barn and leave you stranded.  On foot.  You can't fool a mule and you cannot fool your body.  It has ways to surprise when you least expect it.  Heart attacks.  Strokes.  Diabetes.  The sky is not the limit for the ways the body will hand you a wake-UP call.  

Don't wait until it's too late.  Prevention is the key.   Prevention vs. Reactive.

She believed she could.  So she did.   

I no longer compartmentalize my life or food addiction/disorder.   I own it.  I took full responsibility and stopped making huge rationalizations. 

Sure.  Maw may have eaten cinnamon rolls and swilled chocolate milk every day she was carrying me but I'm an adult.  She ain't heavy, she's my mother.   Heck-a-toot, I can carry her around now.  

Much Love.

Bye Felicias

Something ticked off all of the wasps today and I was stung by several on my hand and arm.  I took an antihistamine.  I still feel like their stinging me.  Ghost wasps.  Honestly, I feel ringier than a pet raccoon. 

Maybe the fire smoked them out of their home.  

Something ticked off all of the wasps today and I was stung by several on my hand and arm.  I took an antihistamine.  I still feel like their stinging me.  Ghost wasps.  Honestly, I feel ringier than a pet raccoon. 

Maybe the fire smoked them out of their home.  

Cut an onion in half, and rub it against the skin where they stung you...

Archived