Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's raining.  It's raining.  

In a few minutes, this could put the fires out because one rain is equivalent to many cargo loads of water. Each plane drops 3000 gallons.  One good rain = 1 million gallons of pure water. Things are looking UP.  Now then,  can we bring back the old forum.  I lurved that version,  I really, really did. 

I knew where everything was.  There were fonts and colors and all of things I need.  Now they're gone and I'm a lonely frog. 

Bear says there are two things that are destructive to  any man's health approaching the age of 40.

Hot Dogs are number one.

Ice Cream is number two.  

Literally. Every which way.  Like for REAL.  Hot Dogs are lungs, tongues and bungs...not in a good offal way but awful way. Hot Dogs have chemicals that will turn you every which way but loose.

Ice Cream is sugars and butterfats( some are phony fakealoos).  It ranks verrry, verrry high on the CrapOMeter.  So we are throwing the rest of that ice cream in the garbage today.  Yes, indeed.  

Ice cream and commercial french fries eaten right before bed load the arteries with heart attack causing agents and may  be the tipping point.  Toss all of it out.  Then, while you're at it,  take a pair of scissors and chop off your husband's beard while he's napping.  Not. 

Had a copasinki coinkydink with all of that ice cream in my freezer and a nightmare about magnum raspberry ice cream bars.  Today, that commercial came on right before the Olympics.  I knew it was from the dark side.  We agreed to throw the uneaten ice cream into the yard and wash it away with a hose.

Next.  

Tonight's supper will be the best salmon we've ever had in our life.  Lemony sauce.  Grilled vege of every kind.  

There are negative ions bouncing around in the atmosphere. Everyone is so happy right now.  Wish you could take a whiff.   We can smell the smoke and rain at the same time.   

Leptin, Ghrelin, Adiponectin, Insulin.  All connected and contribute to  eating it all back and/or weight stability.... along with diabetes.   High triglycerides also factor into metabolic syndrome which increases the risk of diabetes.

It's sugars that cause high tri's.   Not good dietary fats.  Fats.  STAT.

All of the sugar/baked good eaters in my circle have high tri's.  They may wring their hands about cholesterol but it's the sugars/glucose levels that are ruining their health. 

If you're hungry all of the time, (even when you're stuffed to the gills)....Houston, get your sugar under control.  The handwriting is on the wall.  Binge eaters early in life are prone to diabetes later on.

https://www.futuresofpalmbeach.com/eating-disorder-treatment/binge-eating/health-issues-related/type-2-diabetes/

Binge eating and diabetes

Research indicates that binge eating may be the most commonly experienced eating disorder in people with type 2 diabetes. A study carried out in Essen, Germany in 2000 reviewed over 300 patients with type 2 diabetes and found the prevalence of eating disorders to be between 6.5 and 9%, with binge eating the most commonly observed eating disorder. [64]

Binge eating is also observed in people with type 1 diabetes, particularly in girls and young women.[65]

Swings in high and low blood glucose and having additional negative associations with food can provide additional difficulty in coping with binge eating for people with diabetes.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/binge-eating-disorders.html

Prevention vs. Reactive

Eating it all back after rapid weight loss.   As they say, rapid weight loss doesn't mean anything if you can't maintain it or find weight stability.  Rapid weight loss is an activity but show me the money.   

Where are you a year or two years from now.  If you can stick the landing,  I'm listening. Otherwise, rapid weight loss and dropping it like it's hot doesn't indicate health or stability.  

Research suggests that eating disorders are probably more common among women with diabetes than women who do not have diabetes.

Among women with type 2 diabetes, binge eating is more common.

Because both diabetes and eating disorders involve attention to body states, weight management, and control of food, some people develop a pattern in which they use the disease to justify or camouflage the disorder. Because the complications of diabetes and eating disorders can be serious or even fatal, responsible, healthy behavior is essential.

Eating disorders are illnesses with a biological basis modified and influenced by emotional and cultural factors.

http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/women/eating-disorders.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Fight diabetes with good dietary fats.

The fats found in fish, olive oil, nuts, avocados, and other foods can boost your HDL ("good") cholesterol, which helps clear bad cholesterol out of the blood. They can also lower your blood pressure and help keep your blood sugar under control. Omega 3 fatty acids, a type of unsaturated fats, seem to be especially helpful for brain and arteries. For this reason, the ADA recommends eating fish two to three times a week.

Baked goods and playfoods (storebought cookies, donuts, cakes, candy crappola) raise bad cholesterol and lower the good cholesterol. Sugars raise your blood pressure.

Falling back into baked goods and playfoods, bouncing back and forth between cakes, donuts, pies, cookies, pasta, bread bowls, beds made out of bread, bread beds y'all...taco chips raining down and potato chips sweeping you off your feet....these are the things I can live without.

Constantly bouncing back and forth between thrill eating and whole foods eating...you can't fool the body.  The body will rebel.   Diabetes doesn't care.  You can only get away with this fresh out of chute.  Let a few years go by and the reality reckoning shows up at your door.

Prevention is the key.  You don't want to have to react later down the road when everything is in crisis mode.   Start now and don't quit.  If you quit once, that becomes a habit.  You know how difficult it is to give up destructive habits. 

A long time ago, I decided to give it 200%.   I was in the worst physical condition of my life.

There were hard knocks. My head was fighting against me every single day.  I learned to tell it.. just shut the hail up.  I did not want to start over.  I was through with relapses.  To say I was determined is to understate my personality by several thousand degrees. 

Open. Mind. Insert. Possibilities.

The real me, my spirit is stronger than my mind.  The spirit is strong medicine and the spirit has discernment that the mind does not have.  The spirit knows UP from down, sharky waters from a pond and another candy bar wrapped up in sheep's clothing.  A wild and wooly imposter. :ph34r:

Imposters, SWIPE-O's, SWYPO's...swapped out versions of the real thing, non-stop food commercials and marketing - there's not a day that goes by that we're not bombarded with trigger foods. You need strategies and tools to be an overcomer. 

You may need help filling yourself with optimism as you tool along. You will mostly be alone unless you have someone you can sit down with and discuss everything.  Someone you trust with your soul, ego and super ego.

Be willing to change everything UP.  Know that the mind is going to really fight like a wildcat in the beginning.  The mind is truly a dichotomy.  Some days, it likes routines and change all at the same time.

Other times, it's a stubborn mule.  It will saunter off without you and leave you alongside the road. It might even pout and try to sully your determination. Don't listen to it.  

Some sort of order in the food chaos must be imposed.  You can't fly by the seat of your pants in the beginning.  I practice Urge Surfing and once again, one size doesn't fit all.  That can take many forms and should be tailored to fit your personality.  

Remember that D I E T   is a dirty word.  A poorly implemented lifestyle change that will fail. It usually involves restriction and self-imposed starving which leads to more binge eating.  Truth.  

Edge your way down slowly.  Overthinking and overlearning won't help you when your back is up against the wall.   Shoot, your mind can't even remember what you came here for when you're facing aisles and aisles of triggers on the first part of the journey.

It's all Shock and Awe.  

But with each passing day and month that goes by,  this does get easier. The brutal cycles of binge eating can be broken.  You'll have a better shot at getting there and staying there without the pain of withdrawal if you will completely forget about the side effects of weight loss in 30 days.

You can find less mental/emotional struggle and a better retention of how new whole foods work with your new habits.  

How many months have gone by without getting back into your groove?  Another binge is not a cure for a food addiction.  Don't let another day pass you by.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

Binge eating is a chronic disease of food rewards.

I don't reward myself with things or go shopping.  You can easily trade one addiction in for another.  

I have a closet full of new clothes and they don't motivate me.  It's like posting a celebrity photo on your fridge, pretty soon it's just another blur and you can look right past it.  Before and After progress pics don't motivate me.  

Think about it.  If replacing food with things really worked, then those who have cooks, maids, yachts, mansions and a movie star lifestyle wouldn't have anymore issues with food.  They can reward themselves with everything the world has to offer.  Food delivery service, someone to stand over them and monitor every single bite.  Even that doesn't work.

Things and more rewards won't fix a chronic disease of food rewards.

Food rewards start with our parents and relatives.  Sugar = cheering and approval and love.  Toys are the same way.   Adults buy bigger toys and cars and homes, but rewarding ourself with things and food didn't make us happy then and it doesn't now.

Happy Awareness.  Go deep,  dig deep and pull yourself UP by your sandal or boot straps. Your spirit knows the way. You have to find it.  It's in there. Buried underneath all of those  rewards.  

What is reward worthy.   A firefighter, smokejumper and pilot who puts their life on the line to save people, cattle, houses and wildlife deserves a reward.  They often keep doing it for years with few rewards.  

I don't reward myself with things or extra whole foods to make up the difference for avoiding multicrap. I'm breaking all of the cycles of binge eating and food rewards.  It's similar to the way an alcoholic doesn't fill a clear glass with ice and substitute near beer or wine.   A simple clear glass of ice can be enough to set the alcoholic back up for a relapse.  

I am returning back to my original factory settings.  The good parent and teacher offers praise and attagirls for a job well done.  Not candy, cookies, donuts for sitting on the toity or staying out of your Maw's hair.  Your coach or gym teacher doesn't hand out gummy worms or licorice for staying on the balance beam.  

My husband doesn't give me a quarter for every batch of laundry or load of dishes that I do. He doesn't hand me a dollar for being a good girl.  Unconditional love.  It's enough here at Snark Central.  It used to be Snack Central.  Snarkaholics don't deserve a reward. 

1 hour ago, MeadowLily said:

Your coach or gym teacher doesn't hand out gummy worms or licorice for staying on the balance beam.   balance beam smiley

My husband doesn't give me a quarter for every batch of laundry or load of dishes that I do.  

He doesn't hand me a dollar for being a good girl.   horse smileyUnconditional love.  It's enough here at Snark Central. uneven bars smiley It used to be Snack Central.  Snarkaholics don't deserve a reward. 

Olympic medals animated emoticon

Every great singer has a natural overbite.  Yes, Felicias,  it's true.  All of the greats have an overbite. Check it out for yourself.   

Remember that having hair on your big toes is an indication of great circulation.  If your toes are bald, Houston....time for Hair Club for Toes.  I have a relative on Bear's side.  He went to that club but opted for the twigs that are tied on.  He was the Alfalfa and the Omega.

Every time he took a shower and blowdried his hair,  a huge amount of static electricity would build and he had that plastic hair stuck to his light bulbs and plastic shower curtain and hanging from the ceiling.   It would stand straight up like a room with a buzz-cut.  Ooooo, Felicias, the things we do for beauty.   Eventually, he was soooo disgusted that he tore those things out by the roots.

He's bald now.  I do believe he still has hair on his toes.  A good thing.  

Capture1.jpg

Sometimes, Bear says I am a virtual fountain of useless information.  He doesn't really mean it because he follows me around like a puppy dog....yammering in my ears, all day long.  I blather and foam at the mouth, he yammers.  Together, we hardly ever shut up.  I'll be sitting here visiting with y'all and he's yammering away.  It's a good thing I can multi-task.  Blather, foam, listen to yammer and tool along all at the same time. 

It Starts With Food and it ends with food.  Inbetween is laughing entirely too much,  nitwittery and all nuts in moderation from the Nut Hut. Pump the brakes on those babies.  

But I don't have a problem with fruits or nuts.  They are right up my alley.  I can never count calories or steps again.  I can't follow a menu plan written by other people.  That's why the W30 is for me. I used to know where everything was but I've had to search for the search button.

These new behaviors are not difficult to adopt.  Just practice, practice, practice until they become your skills in your wheelhouse...tailored to your personality.  It will take time and 30 days is often not enough to really cement new cognitive behaviors.  But they will give you confidence.

We have no secrets.  I tell you everything.  It's all fun, really.  This woman's teeth is a perfect example of a great singer with a beautiful overbite.

Thoughts always precede behaviors.  Destructive thought patterns lead back to binge eating.

Archived