Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no going back to the gym for me.

I prefer movement. Bear doesn't go to the gym. He can carry a man to safety. 

Limited movement = limits your thinking.  It's a barbed wire fence.  Don't fence me in.

Dieting and Exercise.  Two words that I've about wiped out of my data bank. 

Bear is fluid. He let me watch him on the job one day and it was a ballet of beautiful movement.  My jaw dropped to the ground. It was magic. 

Shawshank it.  

Set the captive free from all of the ties that bind us.

Dieting and Exercise.  

I'm taking it back outside just as soon as it gets above 0. 

I don't belong on a dreadmill.  Running or resting. Sitting or spinning. 

I'm glad I gave all of it away.  Don't shout me down while I'm preachin' good (from the TV). 

Move and do all it on your own terms.  

Clean your house like a tornado if you want to. Garden all summer long.  Mow the grass, lift that bail and tote that barge.

Go outside and blow the stink off.  Stinkin' Thinkin'. 

Reserving all of your movement for the gym is like reserving your face for a special occasion. Take it out and dust it off with powder and paint.  Decorate it like the annual Christmas tree.

Take your face out of the package.  Spruce your muscles UP every day.  

Give yourself permission to break free from limited movement. Think of new ways to stretch your muscles and your imagination.

I am recovering from dieting and exercise. 

Ima Post Whole Digger and a Soul Miner's Daughter.   

A young folkaronie just came home from Europe. I gave them posters and tiddlywinks.  I encouraged them to go before settling down.  Shawshank it. See the world. 

Lightning strikes.  Maybe once.  Maybe twice.  

Windows of opportunity may only open once in a lifetime. When you reach that fork in the road, take it.

Don't be scared.  Be prepared.

I pay homage to my elders, ancestors, forebears and The Bear.

Our elders are a bright light.  They guide us.  When they're light goes out and they've left this earth, we have to pick UP the slack for the young sprouts. 

It will be our turn.  I don't want that because I can't stand goodbyes.   bad luck crazy rabbitHeckatoot, if I could stand goodbyes I would've been gone a long time ago.  

I tried....Oooo, I tried and then I cried.    bye crazy rabbit

Some have launched their ships out into the deep. Some are still swimming in the sugary, sharky waters.  Some are dog paddling. Some are floating on their backs and drinking hooch booch by the sea.  Many of us are shoveling snow.  snoshovelf-smiley.gif?1292867676

I'm pulling the dross out of my head cavity search smiley so I can see the forest for the trees.

I've used hair of the dog that bit me to cure me.

Using hair of the dog that bit you to cure you - comes from the old belief that we could cure rabies by taking medicine containing some of the dog's hair.

That's not really too far off the mark. Think of flu shots and polio, smallpox and so on.  There's some hair of the dog in those shots.

Hair of the dog.

Good food fixes everything. 

Wild proteins, fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices and good fats.

Mossy green tea is my favorite transport sytem for good fats. Whenever those lily livered yellow bellied sapsuckers raise their ugly heads,  I knock them back down with good fats.

I use macadamia nut oil, extra virginia olive oil, gf kerrygold butter, not so much coconut oil and bone broth.  I may add extra good fats to my bone broth for additional taste.

These are life changing foods.   Change your gut and you can change your life.

Despite having more food knowledge than we've ever had...we are not getting healthier.  There is more chronic disease and food disorder than we could ever imagine.

Some order out of that chaos must be imposed.  We are bent on survival.  Our survial depends on it.

Build your toolkit from the ground UP.  

In my toolkit are good fats that I use as an antidote to shut that sneaky snake of olde the hail up.  Talk about a Mission Creep.  

Hair of the dog.  Good fats fight the ugly kind of fat in your body.

The ugly kind of fat that grows like a vine in and around your heart.  When used in combination with all of the life changing foods we have the best body arsenal for survival.

The greater and wider the variety, the better your health will be.

Start thinking that nothing can be denied you.  Don't limit your mind with limited choices.  Your body will rebel.

Metabolic derangement will come a callin' for you.  That yayhoo will be right back on your doorstep.   Let me in, let me in, by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

Oooo, it's only Mission Creep.  

Quickly take some hair of the dog that bit you.  Sooner rather than later.  Keep your home fire burning.

Keep it simple.  It's the simple things that really make all of the difference in the world. 

If you're still here, I'm happy for you and me.

We don't need to make elaborate announcements that we are leaving or staying. Ima gonna do this and Ima gonna do that. We'll be the judge of that Ima.  If you can't make it stick then you're just blowing smoke.

No apologies required.  Don't say you're sorry for telling others that it cannot rain taco chips UP in here and we are not letting potato chips sweep us off of our feet.

Don't be sorry for a bloomin' thing.  

The only thing I'm sorry about is that I didn't have this information when I was a kid. I would be so much further ahead.

Body.  Mind.  Spirit. 

Ima prayin' soul miner.  I pray for others.  

I have a prayer partner. We pray over the phone but she makes long and elaborate introductions.  I'm making snow angels on the floor and taking deep breaths by the time she gets to the bottomline.  

We don't need to say we're sorry for everything and cover all of the bases. It's not necessary.  Get to the bottomline. 

I pray while I'm folding clothes, doing the dishes and always while I'm alone in my vehicle.  Helloooo, it's me. Kinda like Adele. Hello from the other side.  I must have called a thousand times. To tell you Ima sorry for everything I've done. 

Only this part is different.  But when I call you never seem to be home. 

When I call, you're always home.  You know me by now. 

Answers, answers, answers.

Template, template, template. 

There's a strong connection there.

Much love.  Felicias.

I kissed the Blarney Stone in Ireland and look what happened to me.

I even have a signed certificate to prove it. It promises me that I can blather and foam at the mouth until the end of days.  black eye1 smiley

I will not apologize or say I'm sorry..for that.

Don't ask me my age or my weight. I will knock you into the middle of next week and kick your hindend on Thursday.  

Nobody puts baby in a corner.  Ducks, we all miss you. I hope life treats you well.

I'm milling around and shooting the breeze with the Universe. 

I've ridden that dieting and exercise merry-go-round. All of the horses saddles were worn smooth.

Eat whole foods without measuring your value and self-worth by the cup.  Break all of the vicious cycles and wild swings UP and down.  

They made your life a living hail and really, who needs that?

The next time you have a thought, let it goooo. Just like Tater Salad does. 

Image result for posters ron white quotes

I have the right to remain silent but I do not have the ability. Tater says that.

That is all, I'm goin' now.  I'll be taking it back outside one of these days.  Don't tell me if you won't be sorry about that.  I couldn't bear it.  

Do you think google is alive.   coffee screen smileyI do.  I can look something up (mostly posters) and it's always in the same place for several days.

You go back a few days later and it's nowhere to be found. It's hiding, messin' with ya.  Ayup, google likes to play hide and go seek.  I keep searching until I find it.  computer losy smiley

The circus is going by way of the dodo. Wild animals aren't here for our entertainment.  

Let freedom ring.  

Shawshank it.  All of you.  Back into the ocean and seas, forests and hills, savannas and grasslands.  Run. All of you run. 

a678f88758c5f3a00cb19603ff7b4e5e.jpg

I started my official summer babysitting jobs at the age of 12 and 13. I was always saving my dollars for my trip to Europe. At the age of 14, I started taking care of a senior man and his two young children. A rather mean motorscooter.  Onery.

I didn't know how to cook very much but he wanted perfect eggs in the morning. I was always on the phone to Maw asking her questions...how do I do this or that. 

At the end of the summer, I was a nervous wreck. I cleaned the house, did the laundry, dishes and watched those bratty ratty kids. They were constantly running to their father and telling on me.

She did this or that. She dropped an egg on the floor. She used the wrong furniture polish. Brats.

At the end of every day was a dressing down. Maw made me stick it out. It was offal awful. He was chair-ridden and not very happy. The wife was working but she was an excellent cook and baker.

She made carrot cake cookies with cream cheese frosting. Every day I would go down into the basement and sneak cookies out of the freezer. The geezer could hear the freezer.  

The truth will find you out.

At the end of the summer they deducted every cookie from my last paycheck. It was absolutely the creepiest job I've ever had. The kids were brats and the geezer was grumpy. 

As a treat for all of the misery, they took me to the circus. I can't stand the circus. It really was the icing on the cake for the most miserable summer I've ever had. 

It was hot and I was crying for those wild animals. It was my first and last time. I'm glad it's over. No more cages, tethers and chains. They deducted the circus out of my last paycheck, too.

At the age of 2-3, I was always after another older neighbor. He would spray the cracks in the sidewalk with a pesticide and kill the ants. Maw said I would go flying out the screen door and run right behind him shaking my finger.  Don't kill the ants. Stop killing those ants. He would put the sprayer up and started waiting until I was asleep, taking my nap.

Maw said I started taking my blanket out onto the sidewalk for a nap. The ant whisperer. I can remember the sun flickering through the trees on my legs and arms.

Fish, fish, fish. 

Eat your fresh greens, too.

Open. Mind. Insert. Possibilities. 

13 minutes ago, littleg said:

What kind of collagen were you posting about a few weeks ago?  You've seen improvement since taking it?  How have you been taking it?  Thanks!

Littleg, how you doin?!   

Yes, yes, yes.  

We're all taking Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.  We're on our 3rd canister.  My folkaronies are taking it, too.  Maw's skin is looking brighter and alive. She's worn out from lack of sleep as a full-time caregiver.  

We make bone broth and add the VPCP at the end, after reheating it.  We don't ever use the micro for that but reheat in a double boiler.  Pop the broth out of the individual freezer bags and reheat.  

There's no way we're going to spend 48 hours tending to the broth and then throw it in the micro. 

It's not bragging if it's true but everyone is asking us what we are doing because they notice we're all looking half our age.  patpat dance crazy rabbit

That babysitting/caregiving summer nightmare was a root that had to be pulled out.

It was stressful to the max. I started sneak eating. Sneaking cookies out of the geezer's freezer was the beginning.

I had to comb his hair and do all kinds of things for a stranger that I was not accustomed to. In many ways, it was more trauma than a positive learning experience.

He sat in his chair all day because of illness. I have a great deal more compassion and understanding now but the dread I felt every day was a ball and chain.

I would hide behind the food pantry door and call Maw. Maw! Help me. She did.  

After I would get off the phone, then he would make fun of me. Calling your mother. Again.

Before I left at the end of the day, he chewed me out for every infraction. I wanted to pick up and blow that popstand.

The summer of dread. 

Food addiction is a chronic disease of food rewards. 

I can remember the taste of those frozen cookies and it was probably like smoking a ciggie and swilling tequila at the end of a hard day of work. 

That hit of sugar in the late afternoon jacked me back UP for the hike home.  I hiked steep hillsides on a dirt trail and I figured I deserved those cookies. 

All in all, the entire experience was a dirt sandwich.   

I don't know of anyone who makes it out of here without eating more than a few dirt sandwiches in your lifetime.

They say it's all a test but who really needs all of these exams.

I recommend letting a few cuss words rip now and again. Do it under your breath. Go ahead and give yourself permission.  I've changed the spelling so they're sweeter and kinder but Maw gets my drift.

I told her to do it, too but she will not.  She wills herself not to. It would be a good way to release major stress.

It is preferred over shoving your emotions down with food. I've had enough of that happy horsesheet.

Create your own positive food management plan and happy place.

moving crazy rabbit

When we stand and give our testimony of how we've crawled out of food addiction or any kind of addiction, it needs to be about more than looking back in the rearview mirror...telling all of the details of trauma, nightmares and sadness.

We can't stay stuck there. 

We have to make a change.

I am saddened by delicate health. It is so very hard. It shortens lifespans.

It's patently unfair, isn't it.

I could rail against all of the things of the past but it would only dig a much deeper hole for me. I can handle the truth but my original factory settings do not include a permanent misery mode.

That's a choice.

It only takes one choice and one day to stop doing that destructive thing you've been doing to yourself.  

Only one day to flip the switch.  

I sat down with someone. Face-to-Face. 

These new behaviors are not difficult to adopt. It just takes practice, practice, practice until they come your skills in your wheelhouse.

It will take longer than 30 days. 

When you have the equipment you need - new cognitive behaviors - They will give you confidence.

Destructive thought patterns lead to undereating, poor eating, overeating lifestyle choices.

The root of food disorder is an act of self-rejection.

Keep pulling the root-rot out.   cavity search smiley

What's really eating gilbert grape?

Image result for posters gilbert grape

Massive rationalization and excuses are smoke signals.

Demonizing food won't fix it.

Turning food into a dog's breakfast is rejection of food and self.

If the food is too repulsive to look at or eat then you can reject it and yourself.

Probe deeper.

Sit down with someone.  Face-to-Face. 

Face the music and what's really eating away at you.

Keeping a journal is an important component of cognitive behavior therapy. I don't have to worry about leaving it behind at someone's house or dropping it in a parking lot.

This is homework for changing destructive thought patterns and wild swings UP and down with vicious eating cycles of food addiction. 

Journaling will also help you get to the bottomline of what's triggering your cravings. 

The medical research says that journaling....

Strengthens your immune system

Reduces blood pressure

Boosts mood and well-being

Fewer symptoms of depression

Do I think all of that is true.   Yes, I believe it.

I am not the same person I used to be.  I have changed since 2014. 

Find yourself the write way. 

Journaling improves your motivation.   Ahhhh, hail yes!

It is a stream of conciousness without making any attempts to edit yourself.  Since the new 15 minute rule and our posts are wiped away,  we have to let our thoughts go and flow.

I can't edit myself like I used to do.

Track your spiritual development and your new inner you.

Your overall health and well-being. Your symptoms and how food affects your moods and 'tudes. 

Let your stream of consciousness goooo and flooow way beyond into the future.  The sky is not the limit and it never was.

Don't edit yourself. 

There are things you say that make you want to fall through the floor a few years down the road.  Ooooo, multi-crap, did I really say that.  What the hail was the matter with me. That sounds nuttier than a fruitcake.

Keep going. Don't let anyone shout you down while you're preachin' to yourself, milling around and shooting the breeze with the Universe.  

Reverb is real nice. 

What are you grateful for? Gratitude can pull you out of a tailspin of negativity. 

Sit down for a specified time every day and write whatever comes out of your head.  No real cuss words are allowed.

Keep it civil but let your consciousness flow.  It's all fun. Really.

Much love. Felicias.

Let your love flow.

I try very hard to stay on topic but somedays, I can't remember what the topic is.  calm down crazy rabbit

Ooooo, I really do know what it is but I like to make a few detours as I'm tooling along.  It's like all of those boring meetings I had to sit through.  I would be doodling in the margins and thinking this is about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Bear uses google like an adviser.  He asks google what it thinks about this or that.  Apparently, he thinks google is alive, too. The Wizard of  Oz, standing behind the curtain.

I want to ask the Felicias out there like me all kinds of questions. They may be sitting in NYC or down in Frisco Bay.  All their ex's may live in Texas. 

Maybe you're a pirate who's looking at 40 and a son of a sailor. I can only use my imagination that there really are Felicias out there.  Is anyone really reading this?

Thanks for listening. You've helped me.  The half has not been told. But if you just give me a little awhile, I'm sure to keep on blathering and foaming at the mouth.  That darned Blarney Stone.  

Archived