Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Although there are vast differences, classic French and Italian breads are, for the most part, made with the same ingredients in a similar fashion. However, one major difference in ingredients is that bread making in France is more tightly controlled than in Italy.

By law in France, bread cannot have added oil or fat. French baguettes, for instance, must be made from water, flour, yeast and salt, with a very little amounts of dough improver allowed.

Italian bread often contains a little bit more milk, olive oil, and sometimes sugar in its contents. Thus, Italians seem to be working with wetter dough as their base than the French."

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/difference-french-italian-bread/

Regardless, if it's French or Italian, the refined kind of bread you find in our grocery stores is one of the worst foods for diabetes. It tastes and looks like nothing you'd find in France or Italy or Greece.

Pretzels are another food devoid of anything beneficial for the diabetic. Candy (gummy bears including fortified gummy bear vitamins), cookies, pastries, commercial french fries, pancakes and syrup, straight sugar, high fructose corn syrup, upside down sugar, something really artificial.

Eating whole foods is a blessing and not a burden.

Reframe it in your mind and your body will follow. The 2/3 Squirrel is not that smart. The Squirrel would prefer you ate the worst foods for diabetes until you're really in a bind or blind.

The Squirrel doesn't even care if you eat yourself to death. Nope. That's just the way cookie crumbles when you're living for the binge over at the sugar nuthut.

Get right down to the roots. 

When you have a dream it's not subject to the lack of understanding of those who may be closest to you. 

Discipline is good but it's better to have people who will hold you accountable. One day, they may all disappear but you will be strong enough to hold yourself accountable. 

Don't under-spiritualize what brought you to the point of no return with binge eating or food addiction. Your spirit will help you let go of the past and move on. 

The Squirrel is certainly not going to help you do it. 

You need to want a real change more than what food addiction can do for you. 

Even when it seems like absolutely nothing is happening for you, if you're executing the plan faithfully...really good things are happening. 

Don't blow yourself out of the water before the miracle happens. While you're tooling along you will find out who you really are. 

At the core is personal evolution.  

Don't be afraid to start living boldly. The bolder we are the more evidence we have of what it is we are supposed to do with our lives.

It Starts With Food.  Eating whole foods is a blessing and not a burden. It hasn't been a burden, not one single day.    

This is a golden nugget of truth. It was time to get the cluegun back out.  This is a huge clue and secret key to finding success.

The cluegun is the glue that held me together while I was tooling along. Every day and almost every hour on the hour, I've been reading...no results. No weight loss.  No measureable differences. No change in my clothes. Oooo, if I keep the nut butters out of my house, the scale will start going in the right direction. Ooooo, if only.   

If the pants still fit you must acquit.

"You can't lose weight looking at the scale every day. It scares the fat when you check frequently and it holds on tighter. 

I'm kind of joking and I am also completely serious. 

And increasing your workouts from 3 hours to 5 hours per week means you have seriously disturbed your system. It is not going to release fat until it knows you will feed it enough to support the extra work. You did start eating more when you upped the number of workouts, didn't you? And you increased the amount of time you devote to active recovery? All this matter."

It does scare the fat and your brain when you jump on the scale every day.  It scares the fat when you are constantly measuring any and everything and using every gadget of technology to guage your fat.  

The body, mind, spirit connection.  Two of those are going to fight one another for dominance.  Alpha and Beta glucose.  

Alpha and Beta and Omega dynamics.

Don't measure anything.  Do not get on the scales.

Follow this to reach your optimum setpoint.  Your setpoint may be overall health and well being.   If you want to find your proper weight setpoint, it's the only way.  

I did one more thing.   It's very personal and part of my own positive food management plan.  Follow The Yellow Brick Road. One day,  we'll compare notes and you can tell me if the same revelation fell into your lap.

There are some secrets we need to hide in our heart.  It lets the air out of the bag, takes the wind out of our sails and others may rain on your parade.

There are times we need to guard our hearts and protect them. With help, you can reach your dream.  Weight stability is my new normal.  

My other spirit animal is the Squirrel.

Image result for photos funny squirrels

Body =  squirrel  1/3

Mind =  fish          1/3

Spirit = Alpha and Omega dynamics, dunamis power  1/3

The squirrel has whopping boatloads of fun.  The fish likes to think outside of the tank ...the fish bowl of humanity. The spirit is my GPS connection and overall support system. 

yellowstone-cutthroat-slough-creek-yello

The squirrel doesn't care if you eat yourself to death. That's just the way cookie crumbles when you're living for a cache of nuts.

The fish just wants to swim around heaven all day long and not fall for every line and sinker and stink bait. Stinkin' Thinkin'.

They enjoy one another's company but they sure weren't helping me out. They kept knocking up against that glass ceiling, can't sing their way out of a paper bag. Limited by their fish and critter brain.

You've got to break on through to the other side of living within the confines of a food addiction box. Get yourself free.

Young paleo peoples see visions and old paleo peoples dream dreams.   

More from the cluegun. Glue that holds the clues to finding your way to overall health and wellness.

"The success you are achieving with your Whole30 is money in the bank that you need to spend on additional improvements.

You know how to use food as a safe haven, but have you learned how to apply other skills to achieve a safe haven?

- Walking away from destructive situations. Enlisting appropriate help. Emotional self-soothing. A lot of us need to spend a few years in a counseling or therapy relationship to develop these skills. Our families did not teach us how to manage our lives in a healthy fashion.

You can't learn it from a book or develop it from watching functional families on TV. We need face to face relationships with people who can help us develop skills that were missing where we got our start in life.

Like a lot of things, it starts with food, but there is more work to do. You really can do it."

"Like a lot of things, it starts with food, but there is more work to do.  You really can do it."

There is more work to do.

On this side of the river of life, it's a struggle. That river is wider than the Mighty Mississippi. There's an enormous chain stretched across the river. It's our job to hold on as tightly as we can.  

In the middle of the river their will be swift currents and strong eddy currents trying to pull you under but you've got to hold on as you make your way across it. 

It's our job to encourage others to hold on because we are bent on survival.  It's the only way.  Help your folkaronies hold on. Your friends and Felicias you've never met. It's our job.

For in doing so, the more we give the more we have to give. 

There are fountains and fountains of useless information but giving someone your love will always be meaningful. It's the only thing we're taking with us when we make our way across the river of life for the last time.

All of your satchels are staying behind. Jewelry and tiddlywinks. Fancy cars and motorboats. Snowmobiles and jet skis. The only thing making their way across the river is the real you. 

Your body is a wonderland.  It's just not very self-aware.  

The mind is easily led sharky-smiley.gif?1292867670 back into the sugary shark-attack-smiley.gif?1292867670 sharky waters. 

I'm not mad at those nitwits, I simply don't take them that seriously anymore.

They say you should learn to listen to your body cues. Felicias, if you have food addiction or a food disorder, those cues could be so messed up for a long time while you're trying to recover.  It's makes it really difficult to see the forest for the trees.

What body cues.  I don't have any.  Been there and wear the tee-shirt. I had to face the music. There are people who've actually nailed this down tight.  They have the world by the tail and everything all figured out.  I cannot moderate or manage highly engineered to be craved foods and finely tuned snacks.

I have no idea if that will ever change. The Universe never promised me a rose garden or perfection with eating. That ship sailed a long, long time ago.  I take full responsibility without massive rationalization and excuses.  

Dieting and binge eating ruined my original factory settings.  I've been working on the railroad, laying down new tracks so that the train can click and clack back down the rails. 

The fish and squirrel are made of dirt, pinecones, old grass clippings and a lorra, lorra multi-crap. There's only 1/3 of the real me that can actually see the forest for the trees.  

I'm still standing.  They say that blizzards are good for the soul but don't believe that horsesheet. I ain't seen the sun in 70 days. One day, I will be taking it back outside.  Winters are harsh.  weather-snowing-smiley.gif?1292867698

You only get the true essence out of the grape when it's squeezed. Long winters are a vise(vice) grip on your spirit and well-being. It's a good thing I'm eatin' good in the neighborhood.  I don't have to imagine what the alternative would be and look like.

I'm not going back there.   This is my happy place. It keeps me tickin' without relapsing back into food addiction.   Can't fool myself realism is not overrated.

The half has not been told of the number of times I've pulled myself back from the brink of binge eating by running in here and writing to the Felicias, singing a song to distract and ground myself.  

It's all fun. Really.  But there are days when I have to throw everything UP against the wall to see what sticks.  I use every tool I've gathered and work each one.   Learning to surf the triggers and cravings is the best one. 

Much Love.  Felicias.  Much Love.

Dem eyes, dem eyes. Dennis has dem eyes, dat grin. That's the sugary sharky waters, right there. 

Food Addiction Recovery. 

A binge eater's body cues have loaded themselves UP, perpetually tanked UP on food.  The binge eater is about quantity not quality.

Binge eaters consume large amounts of food feeling a complete lack of control while doing so.  They do not purge. 

They may eat all day long or at night, alone in a car. 

The binge eater lives for the binge and that over-full feeling. They eat when they are not hungry. They will binge until they feel physically ill and sick.

Listening to body cues?  The only thing that is constantly cued UP is another binge. Thinking about it with anticipation and the act of following through with another binge eating cycle.

As with all addiction, binge eaters fall into a downward spiral as the years go on.  The binge eater feels trapped but cannot see their way out of that living hail on earth.

Binge Eating Disorder and Food Addiction...like all other eating disorders results from a combination of psychological, biological, and environmental factors.

Food Addiction is a chronic disease of food rewards.

When you eat large, enormous quantities of multi-crap and non-whole foods...

This creates a cycle of false reward followed by pain.  

If you are secretly dieting while doing a Whole 30 - the truth will find you out.

If you're leading the charge, leading others into more secret dieting, you are doing them a disservice and injustice, disfavor and unkindness. 

Your time is better spent pulling all of the dross out of your own head than leading others into more bondage with dieting.

Set the captives free.  Let freedom ring.  Let freedom ring.

Shawshank it.

If you're dieting, don't encourage others to go along for the ride to keep you company.  They deserve a chance at finding real food freedom.   Step aside and set your pride aside.  

Don't pull the tender shoots out before they've had their chance to grow and find their own way. 

We are each a unique universe unto ourselves.  Your way may not be my way but I will root you on as you pull out every root of food addiction and disorder.  

One day at a time, these vicious cycles of food addiction and disorder can be broken.  That's true freedom. 

The fish and the squirrel.  I'm not mad at them. 

I can't say they've really helped me out all that much. They are in cahoots with one another and live for thrill eating. Those two, throw gummy bears out the window as they're flying down the highway. They throw candy into snowbanks and pretend they cannot see all of the bright rainbow colors come springtime.  Oooo, living with blinders on in an unconscious mode is their game.

I am on to their game. Given a window of opportunity, they'd be right back at it in total food addiction relapse. 

Will more dieting help with thrill eating and trying to out-exercise all of the past cycles of binge eating?  Ahhhhh, hail nooooo.

Doing what you've always done will get you what you've always gotten.  Don't lead others into more thrill eating.  

Give them a fighting chance for the love of Peat Moss and Ireland.

There is a pathway to your healing. It Starts With Food and it ends with food.  

The middle part of the journey involves finding out who you really are when no one else is looking. 

Body =  squirrel  1/3

Mind =  fish          1/3

Spirit = Alpha and Omega

The fish mind lives for the stink bait = Stinkin' Thinkin'

The squirrel body lives for candy and thrill eating rides back to the sugary nuthut. 

The spirit has pulled both of them back from the brink of total food addiction relapse many aday.

You find the true essence of the grape when it's squeezed.

Dieting is modern friction for the body and brain. How many times will the body and brain convince you against your true nature that another round of dieting will fix all of your problems.

How many times have you dieted for an entire year only to rebound back with every single pound with friends. Ooooo yes, some have released 80 or 100 only to find themselves right back where they started.  Rebound weight gain came back with a vengeance.

All of the while that process was going on, you didn't stop once to really think about the consequences.  Your brain was in a total disconnect because of dieting.

The brain and body don't actually care if you continue eating yourself into a much deeper hole for the rest of your life. The only one who wakes you UP is your spirit.  The real you.

It says....Hey, YOU.  Wake UP. Take a good hard look at what the fish and squirrel are doing to you.  How long has this been going on and how long are you going to continue putting up with those two silly nitwits. I don't want to go out like that.

I don't want to live for the binge that eats your voice and shoves all of your emotions down with food. I don't want to live for the binge that gave you diabetes. 

I don't want to live for the binge that may result in so many negative consequences down the road that it takes away your ability to go for a hike or fishing.  It takes your toes and fingers and circulation and destroys your pancreas.

I don't want to go out like that. 

It only takes one day.  One decision.  To STOP doing that destructive thing you've been doing to yourself.   

One meal and one day at a time,  you will begin to see that modern friction and massive destruction in the rear view mirror. 

Keep on ridin'.  You've got to keep on ridin'.  Mojo Risin' is a wordplay with jim morrison's name. Ooooo, I like his lyrics.  I do.  They move me.

Archived