Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know only in part. Our knowledge is partial and incomplete. Finite minds don't have infinite wisdom. Your part is just as important as my part. When we put our partial knowledge together, we can remove many of the clouds and mysteries of the ages.  But even together, we know only in part. 

Sitting down with someone, face-to-face... two heads can clear out the haze and blurred lines. Support and connection with others is good medicine. One day we shall all see face-to-face. 

Read something inspirational.  I do.

It's sitting on the coffee table in my heart. 

2010194284.jpg?itok=NLBf8TUO

When I was growing up, everytime I left my house in the wintertime, there was a grouping of pine trees I had to pass. The wind was always blowing the branches, the sweet piney smell was so strong it would knock you over in a really good way.  The snow would mist across your face and hair.  It didn't happen anywhere else but with that grouping of pine trees.  

I can remember how it felt and I lingered long at that spot every day.  It was a health spa for the senses. All throughout the day, the piney woods aroma was the strongest right there, even on a summer day.  

I didn't overthink it. It was just a mystery and a gift.  I felt alive after that mist of snow and smell of the piney woods.  

I've tried to recapture that exhilarating blend of natural essential oils. A tribute to the piney woods. I mix cedar, spruce, pine, fir, cypress and oakmoss.  It's still not the same recipe but it helps me remember when I'm out of the woods.

Out of the woods.  I belong in the piney woods.  

Wild animals are not here for our entertainment.  I'm glad the circus is leaving town.  Free all of the fishes and animals.  Freedom for all. 

Shawshank it.  Everyone.

anim1110-590x404.jpg

I have the right to remain silent but I do not have the ability. I wish I could call Madea up on the phone or Madea lived in my neck of the woods.  That's where I would be hanging out because Madea is sooo much fun. 

I watch comedies. I want to laugh entirely too much.  Docu-dramas are nice. I watch a lorra lorra pbs and nature shows.  The weather channel is informative. We rent movies but I don't care for all of the shoot'm bang'm up ones.  

We watched the most touching nature show with the critter robots, getting a birds eye view of what really goes on in the animal kingdom. Animals have empathy for each other. Ooooo, they're incredibly sweet and tender. Even those crocodiles with their babies, carrying them ever so gently inbetween their teeth and placing them into the water.

The next show is going to be about squirrels.  I can hardly wait for that one. You know squirrels are fun and imaginative. We should take more cues from the animal kingdom. There's peace and harmony along with the top of the food chain, king of the hill mentality. Who's eating who including the gilbert grapes.

The elephants love and support their families.  All of the mothers guard a new baby elephant. It absolutely is the sweetest and kindest thing, the way they don't step on or crush the tiny ones.  

Everything from a bee to a bear cares about their young. All of us are bent on survival. We share that common thread. 

Bear won't eat wild geese. Nope. We don't want to break up the family. They mate for life. Some things are sacred. Families.  

100812_banff.grid-6x2.jpg

1. In Greek, the word ‘squirrel’ means ‘shadow tail’.
  2. The most iconic behavior of squirrels is storing nuts and acorns for winter. Which is necessary for the species of squirrel that don’t hibernate.
  3. The hind legs of squirrels are double-jointed, which gives them the ability to run up and down trees very quickly.
  4. Squirrels have 4 toes on their front feet, which are extremely sharp and used for gripping tree bark whilst climbing. They also have 5 toes on their back feet.
  5. With 285 species of squirrels, they can be found in every continent except Antarctica and Australia.
  6. Squirrels can eat their own body weight every week, which is roughly 1.5 pounds.
  7. Squirrels can fall from 30 metres high, without hurting themselves.
  8. When jumping, or falling, they use their tail both for balance and as a parachute!
  9. Squirrels eyes are positioned in a way which allows them to see behind them.
  10. Squirrels are clever creatures and can learn to navigate numerous obstacles to find the most efficient route to food, they’re also rather good at finding shortcuts.
  11. Squirrels can jump a distance of up to 20 feet. They have long, muscular hind legs and short front legs that work together to aid in leaping.
  12. Squirrels have been proven to run at speeds of 20 miles per hour, however generally, most squirrels run half this. Image result for photos squirrels  funny

This winter is endless. snowinds-smiley.gif?1292867676 I've never witnessed anything like this in my lifetime. Someone has gone missing for a week in this snow. An authentic woodsman. Many are searching but the snow keeps falling. I am not asleep at the wheel. Bear is shoveling snow for the folkaronies. We're making sure they have meals and groceries.  They're not driving anywhere, haven't been able to for weeks and weeks. There's no way we want them out on these roads.

There are two seasons. Snow and tourists. They cabbage onto the short summer of two months and believe they'll move now. It starts snowing on Labor Day and it might quit after Memorial Day.  You might not see the sun for months. I'm taking Vitamin D3, absolutely. Organic black currant, evening primrose and borage oils, too.  Coconut bombs made with cocoa powder just don't do a thing for me. 

I have essential oils for the senses that perk me UP.  If I was a vegetable I would be a turnip.  Turn UP.  

Ima this. Ima that.  Positive affirmations.  It takes more than positive affirmations and quotes to make it through 9 months of winter. You have to eat well.  Good food fixes everything. 

A wide variety is superior to a narrow way of eating.  The health of my folks is greatly improved due to Bear's superb cooking and hunting skills. So many people depend upon him.  The dentist said his teeth are the strongest he's ever seen.  

He delivers wildgame and meat to the widows. Taking them bags of groceries. People who need people are the luckiest people in the world.  People who have an authentic hunter, gatherer in their family are fortunate, too. 

I'm the lucky one.  Ima praying for the one who's gone missing out there. 

Who are the unsung heroes in your circle.  The ones who unselfishly give of themselves to others when no one else is looking.  The ones who make a profound and positive impact....yet go unrecognized.

They demonstrate courage, sacrifice and compassion. Extraordinary without ever seeking credit for their actions and looking for their name up in the marquee lights.  

The first shall be last and the last shall be first. If you were always picked last for the softball or basketball team, don't worry.  

Givers for the big WIN.  

Bear defends all of his folkaronies, regardless of how they behave or act. He's definitely not a tightwad.  He's a beautiful man and yet, he doesn't spend all day kissing himself in the mirror like a pet parakeet.  

Real beauty is more than a belly selfie. 

People have become so obsessed with their outer shells and photos of their bellies. I think it's because we're no longer creating or inventing much. I really believed that cars would be flying by now. On a grid in the air rather than on asphalt. 

Everything is about the outer shell and if somone has a muffin top in their tight shorts or costume.  Is that all there is. 

Finite minds have become stuck in rut, thinking nonstop about the outer shell. There's so much more. Unsung heroes are working hard every single day, putting food on the table and providing shelter out of the storms. 

Hugs and kisses all around.  Step away from the mirror. Encourage the unsung heroes. They're the ones keeping the wheels turning. Without them, everything comes to standstill.  For real. 

Feelings are the squirrels who hibernate in your heart.

When you have a thought, let it go or not.  

I have a folkaronie who's all about da pretty. Pretty this, pretty that. Pretty's kids are prettier than everyone else's.  Pretty is sooo pretty and still living through high school photos on fb.  

Pretty is as pretty does. Pretty ain't so pretty. Pretty calls me up just to tell me how pretty she is and blah blah and more blah.  

Now, I've had to bite my tongue for years.  After all, be nice and act pretty. I'd really like to knock pretty into the middle of next week and kick pretty's hindend on Thursday.  That. Is. Not. Acting very pretty.   I know that.

Pretty swims in the shallow waters. Doesn't know the lyrics or names of songs. I don't know what pretty reads but I think it's romance novels. Pretty has been kissing the mirror ever since I can remember. I'm so over it.

I would be in trouble if I let the cat out of the bag and blew pretty out of the water. I bite my tongue and sit on my hands.  I come here and tell you almost everything and I feel so much better. 

A narrow way of eating and living is not healthy. The smaller the gene pool the more genetic drift and bottleneck effect you'll find. It can affect the entire population of a small gene pool.

Variety is more than the spice of life. It's all about survival, Felicias.  Diseases and sickness abounds in a small gene pool and bottleneck. There's a reason that first cousins should not be hooking UP.  

You get my continental drift about a genetic drift.  It ain't normal.  We are bent on survival.  I have theories about variance in the relative frequency of different genotypes.

Variety is good.  No man is an island.  Narrow thinking. Narrow eating. Narrow living.  That ain't the way to gooooo.

Living on 10 foods or less will create more health problems down the road.  Eat the widest variety of foods you can for the big WIN.   

All people groups are healthiest when we're rubbing shoulders with one another.  Smoothing off the rough edges and stinkin' thinkin'.   It's meant to be.  

Smart people read romance novels but I haven't got the time. Bear doesn't read romance novels, so I'm not doing it either.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Romance novels have a way of making real life not so romantic. 

Book therapy is good medicine.  Romance novels aren't my cuppa tea.  I like Gone With The Wind. There's some can't fool myself realism.  

Almost all romance novels have a super happy ending with a lorra, lorra details about 50 shades of everything. They provide the hope that life is a box of chocolates.  Super sweet. 

I know some may prefer the hmrk channel all of the living day but not me. Dating fictional characters in your head....Oooo, Felicias, you're in for a great awakening.  

Throw me a bone I can chomp on. I'll make some bone broth and slurp it. Real life is not always pretty and filled with belly selfies everytime you look at that reflection in the bathroom mirror.  

A wide variety of food and experience is good medicine. 

Don't be obsessed with calorie or step counting. Eating 3 delicious meals is the basis of a healthy way of living. 

We are living in contradictory times.  It is the best of times and the worst of times. There are genetic factors. 

Bacterias are developing more quickly and are becoming more resistant. While life expectancy is rising...our health is deteriorating.

We are more susceptible to disease and sickness because immune systems have become weakened through overuse of antibiotics.   The gene pools are changing.

The food we eat has deteriorated.  We mass produce food to meet the needs with good yields. 

But they don't necessarily deliver the goods that are essential to health.  Narrow eating is a recipe for diminished health.   

Narrow living is the recipe for diminished health.  

You've been to the dog pound. Animal shelter. Critters locked in cages, hoping for a home. Their spirits are crushed.

People groups living within the confines of boundaries and fences.  Their spirits are crushed.

Wild animals are not here for our entertainment. People groups should be free. Let freedom ring.  Let freedom ring.

It's not natural to be cooped up anywhere.  On an island or in some manmade fortress.  I'm talking about free peoples who've confined themselves into a small gene pool.

It causes depression, alcoholism, diabetes and genetic drift. It's been going on for too long. Time for everyone to Shawshank it.  I'm not talking about those who commit serious crimes but you get my continental drift, Felicias.

Set everyone free.  Be free.  Walk free.  It's meant to be.  I know about these places of confinement. Health is deteriorating.  Mental well-being and overall health.  It's time for a change.  We keep doing the same things we've always done.  It ain't working.

We are all in this thing called life together. Division causes more strife and disease.  When we put our heads together, there ain't nothin' we can'd do and create and invent.  

People who need people are the luckiest people in the world.  Ring the Liberty Bell and let freedom ring. For real.

Engage all of your being while you're doing your Whole 30.

A food reset can lead to a head reset and getting in touch with the real you.  Your spirit.  

Don't go through the motions.  Just coasting on your laurels waiting for the thrill eating full blown food bender on Day 31.

Maybe you want to get drunker than a skunk on Day 31.  Is that the change you were hoping for.

Getting drunk and thrill eating...has it changed everything for you then?

It only takes one day and one decision to stop doing those destructive things you've been doing to yourself for a real change.  Lasting changes. 

Ring the Liberty Bell and let freedom ring. For real.

We should be using vehicles created for a grid above the ground.  Less crashes and injuries. No more ice storm pile-ups and fatalities on the road during the dead of winter. Wouldn't that be more than nice. 

Think of all of the money we could save for fixing the crumbling infrastructure. Roads, bridges and rails. I'd like to wing it at high speeds in the air. Heckatoot,  we could wing it on over to our favorite countries and be back by suppertime. 

I suppose someone would create mini-marts in the air. They'd probably load it back up with donuts, coffee, hotdogs and gummy bears. Giant cinnamon rolls.  There's really nothing new under the sun but why aren't we thinking about it. 

Where have all of the flowers gone and great artisans of the world. There's more to life than belly selfies and the outer shell.  There's thinking beyond the glass ceiling.  

Good food fixes everything.  

Fish, fish, fish.  

You have to be a tough bird to live in my neck of the woods.  The older folkaronies have a pioneering spirit.  It keeps them going. We have a 92 year old neighbor down the road who lives alone. They've been on my heart for a couple days. 

I called to make sure  they don't wander outside to put trash in the bin. If they fell down, no one would know.  We make sure the lights come on every day and we take groceries over there.  People who need people are the luckiest people in the world.

They told me it's time to go into assisted living.  I don't want to see them go but the neighbor has sold their only vehicle.  Said the kids sold it.  The kids don't come around nearly as much as they should.  It gives me a big pinch. 

I'll bawl my head off when they move away.  I can't stand goodbyes. Oooo, that's not entirely true.  With only two seasons, winter and pesky tourist season, I can easily say...Bye, Felicias, Bye when it's time for them to go home. The pesky tourists come and sux up all of the good weather and have no idea that it takes true grit to make it through the winters.  The good weather belongs to me.  It's all mine.  I've earned it. 

Everything is mine.  The scenery and wild animals. If I had my way, the hoards who come by the whopping busloads couldn't trample everything under their feet.  Noooo. 

The animals would have the say so, who comes and goes. It's their home, the only one that's left on the face of the earth.

Archived