Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Body and Mind = 2/3 squirrel

Spirit = 1/3  Universe

The spirit doesn't need the body and mind but the body and mind are aimless without the spirit.  If the body and mind were so darned smart  it would only take one "diet" and only one to resolve all of these issues with food.  One "diet".  One time.  No Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

There's no such thing - one "diet" that can cure every food dilemma and steer you into weight stability.  The body and  mind would keep knocking each other around for years and still not be able to solve these problems on their own.

That's why I quit listening to them.  Together, those nitwits are like a bull moose in a china closet. They live for distraction and procrastination. They prefer being entertained more than anything else. 

Dieting ruins your body's cues.   Food addiction craves wild swings UP and down.  The food addict is perpetually hungry and lives for that stuffed to the gills feeling.  Quantity over quality. 

The day I quit listening to the body and mind's faulty guidance system was the day things turned around for me. They have one whacky jacky GPS unit and it's not worth two hoots. 

People who rely on manmade GPS units get lost. They're faulty and limited.  The recipe for success is not letting the 2/3 part squirrel be in the driver's seat. 

The real you, your innermost being has real connection and a dunamis GPS support system. Felicias know what Ima talking about. 

Image result for funny squirrel photos

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just the hard cold truth.

Can't fool myself realism is not overrated. 

Do you know how long it takes for the 2/3 squirrel to take you on a thrill eating ride right back into a total relapse.

It can happen within the blink of an eye. Badda Boom.

Food addiction is a chronic disease of food rewards.

Relapse is a history of attempts to recover from food addiction without lasting success.  Continued obsession with food and weight and body image.

The key to continued recovery from food addiction is to be aware of the signs of relapse to guard against it in the earliest stages.

Most food addicts relapse because they do not know how to prevent it.

Relapse = process of decompensating in addiction recovery.

Relapse is walking backwards through the recovery process and back towards full blown food addiction.  Relapse starts with the mind reverting back into the unconscious mode. 

Recovery is based on staying vigilant and aware. PRESENT. 

Staying AWARE supports continuing recovery from food addiction.

Relapse is walking backwards through the recovery process.

Total relapse. That process was going on for months and months before the real you decided to STOP and get off the dreadmill.  In the loop of food addiction, the body and mind would allow you keep eating yourself to death. That's just the way they roll.  

They honestly do not care if you eat yourself to death or stay drunk or gamble your earnings away or end up homeless living in a cardboard box...sleeping in an underpass.  That's addiction.

Momentum is a gift. I don't take it for granted.

That's really your spirit spurring you on.  The secret key to recovery from addiction is getting in touch with your spirit. 

The body and mind don't care if you recover. They like being entertained with massive rationalization and excuses.

Reinforcing massive rationalization with their faulty guidance system will keep you in the constant loop of addiction and relapse for the rest of your life.  

Allowing them to do the speaking for the real you is the wolf at the door and the fox in the chicken coop.  

The real you is bent on survival.  It wants to live, live, live. Allow that 1/3 of yourself to have a voice.  Let your spirit sit in the driver's seat.

The 2/3 squirrel can't find their way out of a nuthut cached with nuts.

Your spirit knows the way into recovery.  

The real you, the one you're taking with you when you blow this earthly popstand is bent on survival.

The real you remembers everything.  The good.  The bad. The ugly. 

Do you know what the glass ceiling is.  It's bumping up against the spirit.  The body and mind are full of limitations. Limiting yourself without your spirit can lead you into further depression and addiction, stress and anxiety.   

Today is the day you can stop doing that destructive thing you've been doing to yourself.   One day.  One decision.

Flip the Switch.  Today.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth does all of the speaking.

You can hear it in someone's words.   Resignation. Rationalization and excuses.  There's really nothing new under the sun.  All of our elders and ancestors went through some really, really difficult decades.  The Great Depression and all kinds of trails with tears down through eons and eons of time.  

They were bent on survival.  That's why we're here.  You and me.

You can hear it when someone has thrown the towel in. We're in this thing called life together.  Let us support one another.   

Who runs into a burning building to save others lives.  The real you.

Who can lift a car UP and pull someone to safety.  The real you.

Who risks their life to break up a fight.  The real you.

Who feeds the hungry and helps the lost.  The real you. 

Who offers someone a hand UP.  The real you.

Let freedom ring. Let freedom ring.

Get yourself free so you can help others.  Give them a hand UP.  

Tiny steps for tiny feet.  Push all of the carts back into the bin at the grocery store. Save someone's car.

Start small where you're at.  It's the little things that make all of the difference in the world.  Carry someone's groceries out for them. Hug the elderly and look them in the eye. Listen to what they have to say.

It may seem small but these things will break through every barrier and roadblock that's been holding you back. Connecting with others and your spirit.  We are all connected.  

Image result for photos get to the chopper arnold

Do you know what the number one quality people look for in a mate? 

Financial stability.  Ayup.

Next comes emotional stability.

Fitness is third.

Looks and belly selfies are fourth.

Overall, I would say that's an accurate list. Looks and belly selfies won't pay the bills or keep the lights on. 

For some reason, our folkaronies and close peers secretly like to compete. Especially with weight and looks. You catch them looking you UP and down. There are secret sideward glances that bounce off of your body with a glancing blow and then fly off into the Universe.

You may catch them with the occasional Elvis lip curl or what Bear calls the barfly sneer. Felicias, the lips don't lie.

Image result for photos elvis lip curl

My peer who lives for fb is still stuck back in high school. If you haven't heard from any of those people since the day you graduated, are they really your friends. Nuh huh.

Felicias, fb is proof we'll never be to old to have imaginary friends. 

She's all 'bout da looks. So and so is sooooo pretty and blah blah and more blah. 

Your Maw and Paw notice phony fake-a-loo friends before we ever do. It takes practice and forgiveness, choosing to forgive the wrong people. 

Because without choosing them you would never know the value of the right ones. 

The saddest, saddest thing about betrayal is that it seldom comes from your enemies. I'd much rather have 3 honest enemies than a million phony fake-a-loo friends. 

Have you ever made an enemy your friend.  I have.  It was soooo worth it.  I found out that their story was similar to mine. We had so much in common.  There really is that fine line between love and loathe.  

Your enemies are strong medicine.  Take a second look beyond the surface. Swim out of the shallow waters where it's all about da looks and belly selfies. Probe deeper and look beneath the surface.

Hard times and circumstances will always reveal your true friends.

One day, you'll be so surprised to find yourself caring so much about that enemy. Who used to be just an 'ordinary' person before.

You'll find yourself smiling just at the thought of caring about them so much. The authentic people in your life will love the real you. 

Thick or thin, in sickness or in health. All of it.  

Your looks will be 4th on their list and they won't give two hoots seeing what your belly looks like....Before or After. Ever. Neva Eva. 

Belly selfies, have they changed everything for you then?

What do you do when the belly selfie starts going in the wrong direction. Do you post the bloated one again and hang your head like ol' Tom Dooley, shaming yourself.

Shame on you belly, just look at what you've done to yourself! 

You're beached.  

An old cowboy went riding out one dark and windy day
Upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way
When all at once a mighty herd of red eyed cows he saw
A-plowin' through the ragged sky and UP the cloudy draw
Their brands were still on fire and hooves were made of steel
Their horns were black and shiny,their hot breath he could feel
A bolt of fear went thru him as they thundered through the sky
For he saw the riders coming hard, heard their mournful cry
Yippie Yi Yooooo
Yippie Yi Yayyyy
Ghost riders in the sky 

Someday, waaaay in the future. We'll meet one another. Like for real. It will be a strong reunion of Whole 30 Felicias. Hugs and kisses all around. Soooo glad to see you. Your table is waiting.
We have a banquet spread just for you. The sky is not the limit and it never was of the things that you'll be able to have. Heckatoot, there might even be some paleo treats and bakery items in your honor. 
There will be barrels and barrels of booch, aged perfectly to perfection with extra effervescence. Beautiful fruit trees along the river of life. 
We'll reflect back on all of the good times we've had together. I can only imagine that you're out there. No problems. I have an active imagination.
Whole 30 Felicias are good medicine. Like sandpaper we rub the rough edges off of one another. Smooth but not smoothie operators.   
Our GPS coordinates will finally connect. I look forward to the day but I can patiently wait for it.
Some may say that social media isn't really worth two hoots but I say that's a bunch of hooey. Without it, I would've never met you. Connection is good and I think this is real, don't you? Real good.

Much love. Felicias. Much love.   

We watched  Seven Songs for a Long Life last night on PBS.

Scotland...

“Ordinary everyday heroes. That’s as true for the staff as for the patients. It was a privilege to be allowed to ‘hang out’ for three years.” And the film’s impact is spreading: Hardie reports that Seven Songs for a Long Life has now been requested by doctors and nurses at 290 medical centers in the UK who want to “prescribe” the film for their patients. “They have discovered that watching the film, particularly in a home family setting, has made patients and their families feel less anxious about their disease,” says Hardie.

At Strathcarron, singing unlocks the patients’ pasts and guides their futures. Seven Songs for a Long Life illuminates a journey we will all take eventually, and makes a strong case that it is best accompanied by a light heart and a tapping toe.

Seven Songs for a Long Life

Hospice care is rarely associated with singing and laughter, but at Strathcarron it's different. At this remarkable Scottish hospice center, patients face pain, uncertainty and the possibility of life's end with song and humor.

http://www.pbs.org/pov/sevensongs/video/seven-songs-for-a-long-life/

Archived