September 8th, anyone?

booksandcoffee

Jclayton79-nice!

Yes, My body agrees with this way of life also.

I finished my 2nd W30 on Fri. So on Sat. I had a piece of chocolate. It was worth it! I also know it's not good enough chocolate for me to eat more. Today I put 1 tsp. of a mocha mix in my coffee, (I have yet to drink it). I'm choosing to reintroduce sugar in small amounts & see where my fine line is, with hopes of not causing out of control cravings.

I already know the effect of dairy, so no need for reintro. But I am wanting to bring Ezekel bread back into my diet. With my new way of eating I've yet to see where to fit it in.....so may just skip it. Haven't decided yet.....

Who else is reintro'ing?

(yes, made-up word) :)

Saw ladyshannys' blog-you gotta make it work for your own life. Good decision!

I get the impression we have all made some life-changing choices with our food. I know I for sure have.

Keep in touch.....Im interested in hearing how reintro is going, if anyone else is doing that @ this time.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, how's everyone doing?

I have been "off roading" for a few days now.  I'm eating things with dairy and sugar in them.  Some unknowns also.  I had chicken from a store deli today, one baked breast and one fried wing.  Yeh, not feeling too good now.  Didn't eat well at all today, not working, so no structure around my day, and when I got home this evening I was hungry and "cravy" so I ate Ezekel toast with almond butter and some apple, while I cooked a compliant dinner.  I agree with the "I'm tired of it" comment from Britishgal, I'm back on full compliant diet tomorrow.  Nothing good has come of this.  Sure, I had my favorite toast, but I wasn't enjoying it leisurely...and sure, I had some good bacon this morning, but not so good I have to eat more any time soon.  The convenience of the foods I ate today, does NOT out weigh the way I feel when I cook my own food. 

Now, to pull myself out of the hole I dug myself into!  :unsure:  

bought a good variety of veggies and have some food already cooked, so just a little more meal planning and I should be good!

hope everyone else is doing good! :) 

Doing ok here. :)

I had my usual pre-W30 venti iced coffee with cream on Monday, just for the experimental hedonistic pleasure of it.  It tasted great but it did not work out well!  Tummy upset and I was up until about 3 am, restless and miserable.

I am struggling a little with how to move on with my life... I have come to a place where I get comfort from the template (in the beginning it really stressed me out!).  I love not having cravings.  My weight is still slowly (and I mean slowly lol) going down.  But I feel guilty if I stray from the template or eat a non-compliant food, even if it is not necessarily an unhealthy one.  I think my best way to move forward is going to have to be making my peace with a 90-95% compliant lifestyle for now. I do not eat wheat anymore (fgermain, I used to love ezekiel toast!) and my body has told me that I should avoid dairy for the time being.

Cooked short ribs for the first time ever this week - they were easy and incredible!  Seasoned them with S&P, browned them, threw them in a crock pot with diced onion, garlic, celery and carrot and a cup of apple juice, cooked them on low for 8 hours and served over cauli mash.  Sooo good.

My Florida trip is next week, I am going to do the best that I can.

Anybody thinking of doing a January/February reset? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I fell off the wagon... apparently my son's 12th birthday and Thanksgiving are a very powerful persuation for me to fall off the whole30+ wagon. Today, I picked myself back up after a 4 day hiatus and got back on that whole30 horse.

We've been really quiet lately... Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi everyone! I haven't checked back here in a while, I let myself get too "busy" to eat clean and have been doing a horrible job this last week. So glad everyone is doing well! Boy i really feel the changes... first the bloated belly, then the zits, but now I finally noticed again that my mood is not as stable anymore, and that's when I really realized it's time to get back on track. I'm still learning about off roading and riding my own bike, and its so so hard, particularly in the holiday season. 

Some things I didn't need to go back to were cream in my coffee, or any kind of pop drink. Just the thought of pop makes me feel jittery. But cookies and ice cream.. those are hard. Maybe I am also an all or nothing person. Sad realization. 

Here goes to tomorrow! I promise to start by having a wonderful whole 30 breakfast to start my day off right. 

Doing ok here. :)

I had my usual pre-W30 venti iced coffee with cream on Monday, just for the experimental hedonistic pleasure of it.  It tasted great but it did not work out well!  Tummy upset and I was up until about 3 am, restless and miserable.

I am struggling a little with how to move on with my life... I have come to a place where I get comfort from the template (in the beginning it really stressed me out!).  I love not having cravings.  My weight is still slowly (and I mean slowly lol) going down.  But I feel guilty if I stray from the template or eat a non-compliant food, even if it is not necessarily an unhealthy one.  I think my best way to move forward is going to have to be making my peace with a 90-95% compliant lifestyle for now. I do not eat wheat anymore (fgermain, I used to love ezekiel toast!) and my body has told me that I should avoid dairy for the time being.

Cooked short ribs for the first time ever this week - they were easy and incredible!  Seasoned them with S&P, browned them, threw them in a crock pot with diced onion, garlic, celery and carrot and a cup of apple juice, cooked them on low for 8 hours and served over cauli mash.  Sooo good.

My Florida trip is next week, I am going to do the best that I can.

Anybody thinking of doing a January/February reset? ;)

January reset sounds like a wonderful idea!

Hi everyone! I'm am so down for a January reset too!!

After completing my Whole 60, I continued with keeping things compliant, with a really slow but unstructured reintroduction. Because of that, I 
can't pinpoint what's causing issues with headaches, bloating, etc. 

Last week I came down with the flu (or maybe it was a severe cold...I am never quite sure), and unfortunately, when I'm sick, the only things that make me feel better is Chinese food and/or pizza. So I had those things over the weekend, and was so irritable and moody, in addition to waking up with a migraine headache this morning. Also I pulled my back day before Thanksgiving. It was getting better but I strained it this past Saturday. Ugh, I am such a mess right now.

My intentions this week is to keep foods 90% or better compliant. After going through the raging mid-day headache, I instantly missed the Whole 30 clean days when I wasn't going through these. 

Well I've read these messages as they've come into my email inbox.  I finished the whole 60 and then tried to start another whole 30 after our family came back from a 1 week holiday, but I just had to keep restarting because I couldn't make it through a whole day compliant.  I can't figure that out.  When I was on the whole 60 I had no problem or temptation to not stick to it, but then I just couldn't restart, I kept eating at least 1 thing/day that is non compliant.  So I tried starting a thread on here for other new starters and it pretty much fell flat - no one writing or sticking with it.  So i'm really happy to see these emails.  I have been doing about 85/15 I think.  But the 15 has been pretty bad - usually sugar (like a gross halloween candy -WHY even bother with that...YUCK), or sometimes fries and definitely wine.  The nice thing is I have totally KICKED my coffee addiction and have no desire to have coffee or coffee with cream and sugar.  I'm too in love with tea now.  I do notice a bit of bloating and my skin isn't as clear either and I have had a few BRUTAL headaches - all of which was better on the whole 60.  I am planning to stick as close to whole 30 as I can through december and I really want to do a reset with you all in January.  Will we keep it on this thread still?  I'm sure there will be a number of groups starting in January and I'd hate to lose touch with you all!  

I would like to commit to a whole 60 or maybe a whole100 in January.  Anyone else?  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!!! So excited to start AGAIN in January! I am puzzled too about my horrible eating habits off the whole30. They aren't really horrible, for the most part i crave compliant items, but if I sit at a table with bagels it is more likely than not that I will have some. 

Should we keep on going in this forum? Or start a new one with new re-starters? I'm sure there are tons of January 1st resets!

Hi books and coffee - I'll post here - or I'd be happy to move to that forum if everyone is switching.  

What do you all want to do? 

I have gained back 6lbs since the 20 I lost on my whole 60, my joint pain is back, my skin has broken out - I can't believe how quickly the negative stuff comes back.  I am eating clean today and tomorrow and taking a short break on New years eve and then January 1 I am going to commit to whole 90.  Anyone want to do that long with me? 

HI all,

I'll keep using this thread.

I just read over my last post.......well, the reintro didn't happen as planned.   I ate a few noncopliant things, (like bacon) and it was a good 4 weeks before the binging started,(burgers,cookies,tator tots, chicken wings.....to name a few!) which was approx. 3 wks ago?   ..(.i'm not focusing on time frames here)

The most prominent symptom that returned is my congestion.  The aches/pains in my right hip, L foot and R pelvis, started nagging me after eating the chicken wings, funny huh?  Bloated in the abdomen some.  Oh, and the lovely mood swings came back just a little, low energy, and inability to concentrate.......

I chose to NOT weigh myself, it will just make me feel bad. :(

I started my 3rd Whole30 yesterday.  It was actually nice to be in the kitchen cooking "all day".....I have plenty of veggies cooked up and now just need to get some more protein cooked and ready to go.

I'm looking forward to feeling better.....more energy, less moody, etc

Mentally I'm feeling better because I know I'm taking care of myself!

Ok Ladies  let's get this thing started!!!

• Administrators

Hi, I'm starting Whole30 on January 5th and I'm excited about it! I just made my grocery list and first week's meal plan as well as a to-do list of fridge cleaning, spice mix making and general house cleaning so that everything is spic n span when the New Year kicks off at my house.  (We're having a January 5th New Year kick off because my hubby and I get 4 days off in a row together (Jan 1-4) which never happens and I'm not putting any sort of criteria on those days.  :)

Hey ladies - count me in for a Jan 1st reboot. I feel like crap. This morning, I had a bagel with cream cheese and coffee with cream and sugar, and I can only connect those things to the indigestion I am having (and dealing with it while at work, UGH). 

I am finding myself justifying a lot of the junk food I'm having, especially as we close up the year. It's exactly my old dieting habits creeping back up...allowing myself some last hurrahs before the deprivation begins...

I've noticed too during this off-roading period that my daily coffee habit has come back. While I was on my Whole60, I completely gave up coffee and didn't even miss it, which revealed that I didn't need to rely on it to be productive. Plus it saved me a lot of money. But now, after allowing myself a latte here and there as a treat, it's come back full-blown. What's stupid is that I don't even need it for the energy. It's all mental...thinking that it such a part of my morning routine so "I have to have it." Looking forward to kicking this one. 

I'm not sure if I've gained back any weight, but I'll be sure to check Thu morning. Although, I am pretty sure I've added back some inches around my stomach. 

As for which message board to use, I think I will continue to post here primarily since we are all familiar with each other's journey and it would be great to keep that going. But I know there might be some useful information in the Jan 1st message board that I wouldn't want to miss; so I think I'll follow that too with mostly reading, and then posting whenever I want to chime in. 

I'm here! I wanna join in the whole30 January fun!

Had a last hurrah binge on Chinese food last night for dinner with my boyfriend and our kids... Slept poorly and have a dull headache. I deserved that... If I put crappy food in my body, I shall be rewarded by feeling crappy.

Today, I'll be grocery shopping and cooking and trying to get the gym worked in for an hour as well.

Happy whole30 New Year to you all! We got this!

Glad to see so many of you here!  Day 1 and I'm pumped!!  

fgermain I'd love to have a whole 90 partner!  Hope you'll do it with me!   I say whole 90, but what I really mean is 3 whole 30's broken up with a glass or two of wine.  So finish one whole 30, have a glass of wine and start the next.  I plan to do that because I love wine.  :)   

How are you all feeling about today?

Well I can relate to all the binge eating on a little of this and that and Old habits creeping back in. Like I said in my previous post, I started five days ago and already feel a difference. I'm not as bloated, & I'm not as anxious.

It just feels right eating this way.

Yes Clairezip, that sounds doable. Thats what I did for my "whole60"......

I'm a bit emotional today, hopefully my hormones will settle down in the next few days.

Glad to hear from you all & look forward to reading about your experiences

Day 1 went great and I got to the gym for an hour! Yay me!

Day 2 is coming to a close and I have well fed chicken thighs in the oven and baked sweet potatoes too. I have a can of green beans on standby in case it's not enough food for me and my family. Sipping on a cup of chai tea with coconut milk while waiting for the cooking to be done.

Planning to do quite a bit of prep and cooking over the weekend to get ready for next week. Currently I have 3 bowls of chocolate chili in the freezer and 2 servings of sweet potato crusted quiche in the freezer but I need a little more diversity for my meals. I'm planning on making some seasoned ground beef for hot plates and some homemade breakfast sausage as well and for good measure probably a crockpot of chocolate chili. Going to look for a beef stew recipe to cook up for something different as well.

I can already tell I didn't buy enough veggies to make it through the weekend let alone next week!

Back to the gym tomorrow again.

Day 1 and 2 went well overall, with the exception of an almond milk latte. I was intending to let go of coffee altogether while on Whole 30, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. 

I was listening to some talk radio the other day, and they were discussing resolutions and commitments. There was a website mentioned where people pledge their commitment/promise/resolution, and if they don't follow-through, they have to donate an amount they designated initially at set-up to a charity that they do not favor (NRA was a popular one). I'm actually not going to do exactly this, but I thought it was a smart method for keeping me on track. So whenever I get the temptation to go off-plan, that means I'm not allowed to get my eyelash extensions filled (which I do monthly). Other ideas would be not getting pedicures, manicures, haircut, movies, etc.

I made some chocolate chili. Not in love with it anymore. I need variety!!!

jclayton - good for you getting to the gym and having some frozen meals ready to go!!  

fgermain - it's awesome how quickly the changes take effect!  

flora - that is a very interesting idea!  giving to a charity you disagree with if you don't keep it!  clever!   Have you made homemade cashew milk?  a) it's delicious B) it couldn't be easier - then you could have it with your coffee and it's still whole 30 approved!  Just google it - it's so easy you don't even have to strain it. 

as for diversity - I sat down with my friend here who started her first whole 30 on Jan 1 and we brainstormed a ton of meal ideas.  I'll share here what we came up with 

Breakfast:  sweet potato toast (sliced thin sweet potato fried in avocado oil w/salt &pepper) served with eggs and sauteed greens 

frittata or mini frittata's in muffin tins

leftovers

compliant bacon or back bacon or ham served with mashed sweet potatos or whatever vegetable you like.  Sauteed greens are a definite favourite of mine in the morning. 

compliant chicken sausages with grilled veggies 

Lunches:  egg salad with home made or compliant mayo served on lettuce and whatever other veggies you want

salmon/tuna salad with mayo served on lettuce with other veggies  or served on a half bell pepper 'boat' 

compliant deli meat (or any other meat) & veggie stirfy - in oil, salt and coconut aminos

deli meat or (any other leftover grilled meat) salad with favorite compliant dressing

Suppers: beef and mushroom soup (almost a chili and a good replacement for chocolate chili if you need a switch, I'll link to the receipe)

green bean almond curry with sauteed/grilled meat of choice (chicken is my favourite)  (nomnom paleo I believe) can link if anyone wants it. SO easy and tasty! 

steak or grilled chicken stirfry served on shredded raw cabbage - the PF Chang with whole 30 changes is my favourite stir fry sauce

steak or grilled chicken salad 

taco salad 

zoodles with pasta sauce

There were more, but off the top of my head - that's what was on the list.  (She has the list).  

Here is the mushroom beef soup recipe.  http://meatified.com/beef-and-mushroom-soup/

OKay - so we ended up with company on the 1st, the 2nd and 3rd - all out of town friends and so I decided to just enjoy my time with them drinking wine and eating pizza and desserts.  I could have started today as we have no company today and my fridge is ready for this but since tomorrow is monday and there are SO many starting Jan 5 I'm deciding that tomorrow will be my new start day.  Can't wait!! 

Archived