Dairy Reintro - Quality Coffee Shop recommendations?

b.c.

I'd really like my dairy reintro to involve a nice, tasty latte of some type.

My question is - what coffee shops or establishments would you be confident in trying this out at?

I'm interested in quality ingredients and not accidentally tampering with my results by ingesting high-fructose corn syrup or other strange additives.

(I realize this may mean making one at home, I'm just entertaining the idea of buying one out somewhere.)

Any one of them will do.  Just tell them no flavorings or syrups.     If you want a cappuccino or latte, whatever milk fat you want...skim, 1%, 2%, 4% (full fat), half n half or cream.  Any coffee place I've tried will be honest and not use added sugar.   Don't have any of that canned whipped cream with sugar.

An independent local shop might be your best bet for some kind of flavored/seasonal latte, but it really depends on what's available where you live. My favorite local coffee shop has great baristas who know exactly what's going in each drink (and will show you containers of almond milk, etc if needed) - that was actually my first dairy reintro. Personally, I wouldn't trust a chain to be able to do that; the syrups are probably shipped from headquarters and the baristas/cashiers might be less likely to know exactly what's in them, and the syrups are way more likely to have junk.

If you just want a regular latte without the syrups, anywhere should be fine.

I'm actually a fan of Starbucks. I used to have a grande, whole-milk latte now and then when I wanted something hot. After going without sugar, I appreciated the slight earthy sweetness of it without any added anything.

If you want to add a little something to it, they usually have cinnamon in a shaker-type deal near the napkin stations, if you walk in (I would, just so you can watch them make it and be sure they don't slip up. You never know, there might be a new barista training that day putting whipped cream on EVERYTHING.) I'd taste it to make sure it's cinnamon and not cinnamon-sugar, but it's always been straight cinnamon in my experience.

I'd really like my dairy reintro to involve a nice, tasty latte of some type.

My question is - what coffee shops or establishments would you be confident in trying this out at?

I'm interested in quality ingredients and not accidentally tampering with my results by ingesting high-fructose corn syrup or other strange additives.

(I realize this may mean making one at home, I'm just entertaining the idea of buying one out somewhere.)

What city do you live in? 

Archived