Meal plan please

jularoons

Dear Ones!

I am ready to start the 30 day program, but I've done food programs in the past and have not been able to stick with them for a number of reasons.

I have a very busy schedule like most people.  I can't just have a list of foods that are acceptable and not acceptable and be trusted to figure out how to put it all together.  I need recipes and a food planner that looks like: Breakfast-(this is what you eat)

Lunch: (this is what you eat), dinner (this is what you eat).  After I've gotten use to eating this way, then I can start my own plan, but in the meantime, if I'm going to change my eating habits for the next 30 days, I need a plan. 

I saw someone else's food plan and it looked great, but a number of you suggested she take out this or add that.  I just want someone to tell me exactly what I'm suppose to eat and how to make it.  I hope I can get that kind of support. Thanks!

The closest thing we can do to giving you a meal plan is the template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf 

This keeps it super simple. Everyone's context is a little bit different. There are resources out there that will give you actually meal plans. I used one to get started before doing my Whole30. You can check out the blog The Clothes Make the Girl for some great resources as well. http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/12/29/whole30-2014-week-1-meal-plan/ She will help you find a way to do most of the work on the weekends and then eat from your labors quickly all week.

Jularoons,

I've been posting photos of my day-by-day meals on Facebook - it's a public album, so feel free to check it out for inspiration. https://www.facebook.com/angelinabrazzale

Ingredients are listed, all very simple, fresh, in season produce. We've just hit the Bored with Eggs stage, so we're up now making Salmon Patties for breakfast tomorrow...

Good luck!

Angie

You may find a meal-planning subscription like eMeals to be helpful. (They saved me for sure!) They have a Paleo plan for dinners that is almost entirely Whole30 compliant. 

I find that if I can get help with dinner, breakfast and lunch are easy. I can eat the same thing for breakfast for a week and have leftovers or a simple salad with chicken or something for lunch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my week 1 plan for hubby and I:

Breakfasts M,W,F: compliant, eggs, and one carb (baked SP, homemade hash browns, plantains, SP hash) and veggie (roasted tomatoes or mushrooms) and hubby insisted we include a compliant smoothie (2 bananas, frozen fruit, and coconut milk for 2 of us).

Breakfasts T,Th: compliant sausages, more of the veggies/carbs/smoothie above.

Lunches: either lettuce wraps with compliant lunch meat dipped into mayo-based dip OR Nom Nom Paleo's Spicy Tuna Cakes. Sides are raw veggies as desired (cucumbers, cherry tomatoes). The tuna cakes are AMAZING with a spicy mayo (I left the jalapeno out of the cakes, so the mid-range spicy is fabulous. Mix mayo with your favorite hot sauce).

Dinners: pot roast in the slow cooker or NNP's Damn Fine Chicken. Sides are (pick as desired) pot roast veggies (potato, carrot, onion, mushroom), steam/sauteed garlic broccoli, and NNP's parsnip/cauli/carrot mash.

I prepped everything this weekend except for the breakfasts. I made the tuna cakes, got the pot roast in the slow cooker, chopped the broccoli and garlic and bagged them, and did the same for the mash. I labeled all bags with instructions (in case hubby got home before me to get dinner going). I chopped the onions for the chicken and just put them in a Pyrex until tonight, when I mixed up the marinade and dumped it on the now-thawed chicken.

One note: hubby is doing this, it's his first one. We're only on day 1, but he's doing well...if asking where dessert is. Up until now, he's been eating cookies and candies for snack whenever he feels like it, so this is a bit of a change for us. He's in the middle of what we think is a terrible eczema flare and is catching a cold, so me reminding him that eating this way is for his health is helping. His feet are awful, and the bumps have spread all over his body. The guy at the ER on Sunday was disgusted by his feet...that should give you an idea!

Edited to add: yes, I know that smoothies are discouraged. This is our only fruit consumption of the day, and I suffer from muscle spasms due to magnesium deficiency if I leave them out. I prefer drinking a smoothie like this to having to take a pill that is way processed. So yes, mods, I know not to encourage smoothies, but I want to be honest. I've walked these smoothies back from yogurt/juice/fruit/honey concoctions that were WAY too much sweet to where they are now, and if it keeps the peace during a W30...I'll take the technically compliant smoothie over a grumpier-than-normal husband and my muscles spasming.

Archived