Need help finding....

MelissaBlack

If you aren't near natural foods stores, all of those can be ordered online. If you have natural food stores, food coops, or Whole Foods-type stores near you, you should be able to get the oils, coconut milk, ghee, and organic butter for sure at those stores. Finding compliant bacon and chipotle in adobo is trickier - you might or might not, depending on your stores.

• Moderators

Whole Foods has everything and probably Amazon.com. Health food stores are likely to have most things. Ordinary grocery stores may be slim pickings.

I've never found chipolte in adobo sauce without sugar and have rarely found bacon without sugar.

• 3 weeks later...
I've never found chipolte in adobo sauce without sugar and have rarely found bacon without sugar.

If you have it in your area, GWALTNEY brand bacon has no sugar or sweeteners at all. Some of their bacons do, like obviously the brown sugar bacon or the maple, but most say right on the package "no sugar". I think Valleydale doesn't have any, and there is a Carolina brand (forgot the name, but it has Carolina in it) that doesn't. I'm in Asheville, NC and those are all available here. Not too pricey either. HTH :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If I don't make my own, I get bacon and sausage without sugar from US Wellness Meats online. They are awesome people with good products! All of the other things, I buy online, mostly through Amazon. I have never found complant chipotles in adobo either, but you could get your own dried chipotles and rehydrate and season them if you are desperate. I've done it to put in some mashed sweet potatoes and it turned out pretty good!

• 2 weeks later...

The best coconut milk on the planet: http://importfood.com/naturalcoconutmilk.html

Ghee (make sure you get salt free if you're blending it in your coffee!): http://www.vitacost.com/purity-farms-organic-salt-free-ghee-clarified-butter?csrc=GPF-PA-019336100100&ci_sku=019336100100&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&gclid=CJTW_5HZpbQCFQiqnQodGR4ATw

Bacon (like Tom said, it's VERY hard to find sugar-free bacon and US Wellness is often out of stock): http://www.grasslandbeef.com/Detail.bok?no=1186

Where can I find sausage?

Whole Foods has compliant sausage

Hope that helps!

I found compliant bacon at Costco on Monday. It was the low sodium Kirkland bacon and no sugar or 'ose' thingy to be seen. Quite happy! I make my own ghee after finding it for $10 for a pound :blink:. I have found spectrum coconut oil at Wal Mart for $2.00 less a jar than at the local health food store. I use the refined, because hubby is not a fan of coconut.

Archived