Did anyone not feel sick or tired doing the Whole30?

Bubblewinks

I never felt sick or tired. Likely because I had been gluten-free for several years prior to doing my Whole30, and had been off soda for decades prior.

Good things from my Whole30: weight and inches lost, reduced undereye darkness, reduced tummy bulge.

Tomorrow is my last day of my first 30 and I've felt wonderful except for a headache on day 2. But like the above poster, I cut most of the junk out over the past few years, and all I had left was really dairy, dark chocolate, my kids' pb&j crusts, and lots of paleo treats.

Good things -- while everyone around me at work has been sick this month, I feel invincible! I've also lost fat, my skin cleared right up, and I sleep right through the night.

My friend just finished her Whole30 and she said she's been sleeping through the night and she never used too.  I'm a little worried because I do eat sugar, am not gluten free, so I honestly think I'll feel really gross.  BUT, I know it's only temporary to how I will feel.  Are both of you Paleo now?

I'm pretty much Paleo at home. Once in a while I'll indulge in quality dark chocolate (no soy), and I brought back red wine, but far less frequently than before. When dining out or at someone's house, if something with dairy or a risotto dish is really special, I may partake, but that's about it.

I've called my lifestyle "paleo light" for a few years now, but I don't really follow any guidelines. I just try to avoid processed food and grains, and use the W30 meal template that I first learned via Precision Nutrition. Meals are usually paleo...in between, however, is another story! (Hence my W30)

Guest WholeStanley

I never got sick or had headaches on the Whole30 but day 10 and 11 I was very tired but that was it. Before whole30 i tried to eat healthy in the day but this still mean a lot of fruit, rice cakes and porridge for breakfast although I avoided gluten and dairy during the day

I was a nighttime binge-er though and would regularly eat whole packets of biscuits/cereal/bread before i went to sleep so the whole30 was a big change for my system in that way 

I am on day 25; I felt nauseous one afternoon, about two weeks in, and that's about it.  I might have been a little irritable the first few days due to no caffeine, but not unbearably so, and no one else seemed to notice!  I was already at the lower end of my healthy weight range, but I have lost a few pounds - I can tell by the way I look and because all my pants are much looser! 

I had hoped that doing a Whole30 would clear up some mysterious medical issues (extreme fragrance and chemical sensitivity, swelling above the eyes) but it hasn't.  :(   Still, I'm glad I'm doing this and will continue to follow a Paleo diet after my 30 days are up.  I'm hoping I can successfully reintroduce dairy.  I love cheese, but I now know that I can live without it if I have to!

I finished my Whole30 without noticing any bouts of tiredness or crankiness.  I felt better, slept better, never really had any cravings (except for pizza which I always seem to have - but am still to give into the demon).  I was eating pretty good for a a few weeks before I started W30.  I rarely have soda.  Sugar was my hard thing to give up.  I've managed to add a little back but am really trying to curb that demon.  I'm eating mostly compliant after my reintroduction phases.  I am looking forward to a second W30 soon.

Wow, I'm impressed since I am always tired.  Admittedly, I have been chronically tired for years and prior to Whole30 (I am on day 14), I rarely, if ever, slept through the night.  Having said that, I can now sleep 8 hours straight.   WOOHOO but I still feel tired.  I honestly have thought for a long time that I have a thyroid problem but doctor's test point to no.

I started paleo over 2 years ago but my partner and I got sloppy of the past few months and similar to a previous poster, I think of myself as paleo light.  We drink alcohol and will have treat meals.  I cut out diet coke over 2 years ago and tried introducing it at some point and it made me bloated and I just hated the idea of putting artificial chemicals in my body.  

I have pretty clear skin from regular facials but I was noticing yesterday that it looks even better and that the darkness that only I seem to notice under my eyes, has lessened.  I also think I am slightly more patient (that alone is amazing!!).

Do you ask because you're having symptoms.

I was pretty lethargic for the first 2 weeks of my first Whole30, then it was like "ZING!" literally overnight! I know that doesn't count as "symptom-free", but I feel like my experience was a cakewalk( haha) compared to most peoples'. I had been gluten-free for a few years, and dairy-, and (mostly) refined sugar-free for at least a year at that point so that may have had something to do with it; I was and still am very active as well. I understand your curiosity but I don't think you can really compare - everybody is coming from a different place; also, it often takes more than 30 days to notice even mild improvements of lifelong health issues. I had a naturopath years ago who said it takes at least a month of an elimination diet to make up for each year that you were "sick". (So, 8 months = 8 years of illness, etc.) 

I'm almost done my second Whole30, which I started almost immediately after finishing the first (my symptoms hadn't gone away yet but I needed a breather!). I went into it wanting to eliminate severe bloating and heal my relationship with food (longtime anorexic/food addict/compulsive exerciser over here!). The bloating is only now just *barely* starting to go down, though the pressure in my stomach feels much better. My issues around food still need work, but I have noticed the sugar cravings and emotional eating urges are almost non-existent at this point - yay! Also, I don't look and feel "puffy" anymore - haven't weighed myself in ages so I don't know if it was puff or actual weight, or a bit of both, but all I know is pre-Whole30 I was looking like the Marshmallow Man! As a petite person, this made me look a lot bigger and I didn't feel like myself at all. That all got significantly better a few weeks in and now I feel like my old self again :)

Archived