how do people get in veggies for breakfast

Babsie95

• 3 weeks later...

I find that I am just not hungry and even when I am hungry in the morning I fill up quickly or feel nauseous after a few bites. 

This totally resonates with me. I'd really like to prepare breakfast the night before, but the fact is, I never know what veggies I'll be able to stomach in the morning. Before discovering Paleo and the Whole30 I rarely had anything but coffee because I literally could not stand the idea of food. Of course, that had to change, and I eased my way into veggies. I've gotten to the point that I'm actually hungry in the morning, but still, there are plenty of days that nothing sounds palateable.   

I usually end up with a squash of some kind (zucchini, summer or butternut) as those seem to be the mildest tasting. I toss in a very small handful of sweet potatoes and, if I can handle it, some mushrooms and/or spinach. I do the hash like so many others suggest. I season lightly with salt and onion powder.

Hang in there - stick to the program - and it WILL get easier!

If you have trouble with breakfast in the morning, try soup (template). It's easy to digest.

Higher carb items can also be easier to digest and more appealing.

Eating breakfast regularly does reset your body clock, I used to be a no-breakfast eater too :)

Peppermint tea helps soothe a cranky stomach, but I'd avoid lots of extra liquid while eating if your stomach is cranky (as they dilute stomach acid).

Archived