Starting on Nov 1

IAmAndy

I'm starting on 1St Nov too, this would actually be my 3rd whole30 but I struggle staying staying in a paleo lifestyle after so that is really the thing I want to work on. I have reverted to all my previous health problem so I'm looking forward to feeling amazing again soon!good luck everyone!

Hi all,

I'm starting Nov 1st also. 

Not too worried about Thanksgiving because there is a lot of food that qualifies anyway.

Got a subscription to emeals Paleo diet for the next six months also.

Did Paleo and worked out last year and dropped 30 lbs in 30 days. 

Looking for 20 lb at least in these 30 days.

Good Luck Nov. 1 starters!

Ron

Hi!!  I am starting November 1st also.  This will be my second whole30.  I did my first one in July of this year.  I'm worried about the holidays so that's why I decided to post this publicly to get support.  I feel like I've been off track this past month and I felt like I would go right back to my old habits if I didn't stop it now and start over before December came.  

I've never really been a part of the forums before.  Is there a thread or a group that we join to for all of us who are starting at the same time?  Or do we just get this thread going?  Anyone who has done it before using the forums, if you could let me know how using these forums helped you.

Thanks in advance,

Michelle

Hi all,

I'm starting Nov 1st also. 

Not too worried about Thanksgiving because there is a lot of food that qualifies anyway.

Got a subscription to emeals Paleo diet for the next six months also.

Did Paleo and worked out last year and dropped 30 lbs in 30 days. 

Looking for 20 lb at least in these 30 days.

Good Luck Nov. 1 starters!

Ron

Have you done the emeals Paleo before?  I it also whole30 or did you need to tweak it?  If you've tried it before, can you maybe let us know how it worked and if you liked it?

Hi!!  I am starting November 1st also.  This will be my second whole30.  I did my first one in July of this year.  I'm worried about the holidays so that's why I decided to post this publicly to get support.  I feel like I've been off track this past month and I felt like I would go right back to my old habits if I didn't stop it now and start over before December came.  

I've never really been a part of the forums before.  Is there a thread or a group that we join to for all of us who are starting at the same time?  Or do we just get this thread going?  Anyone who has done it before using the forums, if you could let me know how using these forums helped you.

Thanks in advance,

Michelle

We can just keep going in this thread! Check in whenever you want --get support, ask questions, announce your victories, discuss your experiences...whatever you want! Good luck to you!

Hi everyone, I'm also starting today, but it's my 3rd one, loved it the first time, second time I came down with the flu on the 25th day... Bleurgh!

Day one has started well so far (yes I'm in Australia so my days start before yours!) hope to keep in touch with you all through this month. I don't have to deal with thanksgiving unlike some of you, but Christmas parties are starting up, so I want to be well prepared before they do!

I don't know how to start a new topic and not sure where else to post, so here goes: I DID IT! I started my first Whole 30 on October 1st and finished it yesterday, the 30th. My non-scale victories include: 1. Waking up feeling great - no aches or pains, and well-rested from sleeping soundly all night long for 7-8 hours. 2. Ended my dependence on diet soda and other caffeinated beverages. I have just one cup of green tea each morning. 3. Ended my habit of chewing 10-12 stocks of sugarless gum per day. 4. Down 2 jeans sizes (from a 24 to a 20) 5. I fit comfortably in the booths of my favorite Mexican restaurant (where I order a fajita salad with grilled chicken, grilled onions and peppers and tomato slices and avacado and salsa and fresh lime for dressing!) 6. My glasses fit better and do not leave a mark at my temples. 7. I am walking an average of 7,000 steps per day (up from an average of 2,000). I have lost 4 inches on my waist and a total of 8 inches all over. AND I LOST 18.2 POUNDS! Without ever feeling hungry or deprived or frustrated or depressed. I was going to start reintroduction, but have decided to start another Whole30 tomorrow, Nov. 1st. I had daydreamed of rewarding myself today with all kinds of favorite snacks and junk food. Instead, I drove to a big box/membership/warehouse store and stocked up on fresh and frozen vegetables, fresh fruit, and chicken and fish. The only off plan eating I did today was some Asiago cheese on my salad at lunch and a cup of hot cocoa tonight. This is probably the first Halloween in my 51 years of life that I did not have even 1 piece of candy - and did not even want one! Sorry this is so long, but I just had to post somewhere. Thank you Dallas and Melissa for saving my life! To all starting tomorrow for the first time: YOU'VE GOT THIS and YOU ARE WORTH IT! I promise you will feel incredible!

I too am starting November 1st. I've actually been Paleo since August, but sugar has a sneaky way of getting into my body - honey, coconut sugar, dried fruit. I have managed to replicate my sweets habit while "remaining" Paleo, but that isn't working for me so I am getting rid of all of it. I also have to stop nuts, because I can't just have one handful.

Well, as of November 1 I choose not to consume sugar - refined or unrefined - and I choose not to consume nuts, in addition to no grains, dairy and legumes.

Looking forward to this journey with you!

Archived