Whole 24?

yoopermom

I am starting a whole 30 in January, but decided to do myself a favor from now to Christmas Eve and follow the plan reasonably well. No sugar, grain, or dairy, but I'll drink wine with friends at special holiday events, that type of thing. I figure it's way better than figuring I might as well go whole hog and blame the holidays for weight gain. The hardest part of today was feeling hungry without my usual coffee with creams all day long. This too shall pass!

• Moderators

So you are doing your own program of healthy eating. Good for you. You can improve your health by improving your diet. But please don't confuse what you are doing with the Whole30. The Whole30 is the whole commitment, not a subset. The difference between the whole thing and a subset is enormous. And by the way, if you were hungry all day because you didn't have cream in your coffee, that means you missed eating a real breakfast. The Whole30 is as much about what you DO eat as what you don't eat. 

I am doing the same thing! I actually did something similar before my first Whole30, and it really helped because I was able to "practice" some of the recipes that I was unfamiliar with or thought might be time consuming. I'm super busy so I wanted to make sure I had easy to prep, go-to meals for when I needed them.

I have gotten a little off-track lately when it comes to food/exercise, so hopefully this will help get me back in the right mindset. Good luck! 

As a note; I didn't see any of the positive benefits of the program until the last week (right when you may be planning on stopping etc).  Just a side point that it may not work like you think it will if you haven't stuck to it fully.  Although if its more of just a way to keep you from going all out on the holiday food then I can see that helping.  I did something similar before I did my first whole 30 (started at the beginning of the month, went off program on a weekend vacation, then went back to it for a full 30 days afterwards).  I think in my case, it made things harder because I got bored of the food quicker having had eaten it straight for 9 days before my 30 days started.  But there are plenty of people here doing a whole 60 or whole 90 so I guess other people don't have that problem. 

Archived