in between meals during holiday season?

JD12377

Hey

I wanted to know if there's a grab and go nutrients shake that us paleo eaters will use? I work in sales and i cant eat a whole small meal in between my three meals at work. I can grab a bar or a shake. Any suggestions or pointers that anyone else does?

Tough to get super duper convenient & compliant ... protein you've got stuff like hard boiled eggs, compliant sausage, tuna ... fats there's nuts, olives, avocados ... veggies that pack well include cukes & zukes, bell peppers, carrots ... 

Can you bring leftovers in to-go containers?

Also recall that part of W30 is trying to avoid distracted and other non-mindful eating.

Shakes and smoothies are discouraged on a Whole30, especially as a meal replacement. Almost all protein powders contain off-limit ingredients. Further, the idea is to chew your food, vs drink it, as chewing is more satiating.  See more details in the Whole30 Can I Have Guide

Focus instead on creating meals that meet the recommended template and that satiate you for 4-5 hours, minimizing the need to snack in between. 

Until you get to that place, if you are genuinely hungry in between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), the recommendation is to have a mini-meal containing protein, veg and fat.

Archived