Hi!

I'm Meghan, and I'm new here to the Whole30 website. Today is Day 5 of my Whole30 (which I didn't even realize I was doing until Day 3 when I was like "I want to do so much more than strict paleo).

Anyways, I woke up this morning, and I had a handful of nuts (because I'm planning on going on a run at some point). But it's mid-morning, and I AM CRAVING CHOCOLATE LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE. 

I'll happily admit it: prior to my Whole30, I got way addicted to sugar. I mean, we're talking eat-an-entire-bag-of-candy addicted to sugar. Part of it is that I've always had a really strong sweet tooth, and the other part of it was I had a super stressful semester and I unfortunately turned to eating really bad food as a comfort. What's worse is that I wouldn't just stop at one sweet treat. It wasn't uncommon for me to eat something like 2000+ calories of candy/chocolate/ice cream/diet soda/whatever in one sitting. 

That's in the past now, though. However, in the present, I am seriously, seriously craving something, ANYTHING sweet. 

Does anyone have any advice?

Yup: don't feed the craving with something sweet. Do something non-food related: call a friend, read a book, take a bubble bath. If you're truly hungry (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal containing protein, vegetables and fat.

Archived