Dinner at Lyfe Kitchen

jennifernaye1

Hi -

Headed to Lyfe Kitchen tonight.  Wondering if anyone has had a good Whole30 meal there?  Two things I found are below.  I think the steak & potatoes may be a safer bet because of the cashew cream sauce and dijon vinaigrette in the chicken.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

ART’S UNFRIED CHICKENicon_nuts.jpg

roasted brussels sprouts, butternut squash, dried cranberries, cashew cream sauce, dijon vinaigrette

GRASS-FED STEAK & POTATOESicon_GF.jpg

100% grass-fed beef, served with roasted yukon gold potatoes, cherry tomatoes, caramelized onions, garlic-parsley jus

550 Calories
544 mg Sodium

570 Calories
792 mg Sodium

I'm not familiar with this restaurant, but based on what you provided, yes, I would go with the steak.

Be sure it's not marinated, no seasonings other than salt and pepper and ideally have it prepared dry grilled (so you don't get uncompliant oil).  Make sure the potatoes are roasted in something compliant (no butter or off-plan oil), and only have salt and pepper. Ask about any added seasonings or wine in the jus.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

mdvue -- you'd need to ask about their vegetable broth, that's the only ingredient that I saw that might have questionable stuff in it. I'm guessing in a restaurant that is emphasizing healthy, clean eating, it's probably okay -- but they might use soy sauce for flavor or add some sugar for flavor or something like that.

Archived