Kicking the nightly glass(es) of wine

I just keep telling myself that it's only 30 days, stare at the wine rack, get a little blue and move on. In other words, I take it craving by craving. Getting rid of all my wine was not an option and I am always somewhere where there is alcohol so I'm dealing with it head on.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ok how do you drink Kombucha store bought.  I bought some today but see things floating in it and not sure if I am supposed to strain it or what???

The floaty things are probably bits of yeast that form naturally in kombucha, or possibly even a new SCOBY (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast -- the thing that makes kombucha ferment). They won't hurt you, you can drink them, or if the texture might be an issue for you, you can strain it. 

Just say no to the wine.. Same way those with candy bar addictions say no to the snickers.. Like someone else said its only 30 days.. Come on,, you can do it.

Its hard but possible.. And hey, your gona feel great for it too..  

Okay, so I'm totally a nightly wine drinker.  Here is my trick, and it's working great. 

Keeping wine out isn't the answer really - it may not be there, but them I'm cranky that I want something that's not there - having wine at night has become a habit.  After reading a great book on the power of habits, I chose to substitute wine for something else - tea.

So rather than pouring a glass of wine, I make a cup of tea.  I still have something to hold and something to drink - it's just good for me now.  After a week, I started playing with tea flavors so it's never dull.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

La Croix sparkling water has been a nice change for me from my black tea and coffee. And bullet proof coffee is also amazing! But I am getting bored with the drinks. Thoughts?

Plain water is always the best choice, but there are plenty of other options. Herbal teas come in all kinds of flavors. There's infused waters. Check out this article for suggestions, or google Whole30 beverages for more.

Archived