Back Bacon -- has anyone else fallen in love with this stuff?

lauryn011

I am just so excited to be Day 2 but to have also found out about back bacon. As an American, and a Southern one at that, I am used to my bacon grizzly, curled and hissing with grease. I was delighted when I found out I could eat it with Whole30. But today, when I made the rookie mistake of not preparing a breakfast last night (I never make time in the AM), I was ravenous by 9AM. I could feel my body crashing and I knew coffee was not going to work. I popped down to our local organic market (if anyone is in RVA -- you have to check out Harvest on Main) and they had back bacon. You can eat it without cooking it. Think prosciutto but with a bit more umph behind it. For those of you who have hectic mornings and need something filling to snag and compliment your breakfast with, I highly recommend it. 

The owner/butcher of the store is an avid Whole30'er and I was able to run down all of the questions with him. This is a locally sourced bacon but has no sugar, no additives-nothing. It is delicious. 

Also, I am struggling on breakfast ideas. I am not a huge egg fan. Anyone have some great go-to's that don't require eggs?

Thanks!

Salmon and rainbow trout...smoked, baked or grilled, GF Beef or wild game jerky.   Portable and good for any emergency.  Take in the car or running out your door for your job.  No access to fresh fish...the foil packs are fine and dandy.  Spruce up with your homemade mayo or compliant hot sauce....a liberal squeeze of lemons or limes for additional pucker power.

220px-Ladybird_on_spruce_-_geograph.org.

Archived