Whole30 swaps for cheese?

StuffIMakeMyHusband

I'm not asking for cheese substitutes in a SWYPO, cashews-and-nutritional-yeast sense. Just ideas for adding that extra bump of flavor and lusciousness to your meals without cheese. For example, guacamole on eggs, sliced avocado on meatza, a fried egg with a runny yolk on a burger patty, homemade mayo made with quality oil, Italian sausage crumbles instead of parmesan, stuff like that. Any other thoughts?

• Moderators

High quality extra virgin olive oil and/or fruit infused balsamic vinegar are good toppings for lots of meats and veggies. I went a little crazy at a new specialty store in my neighborhood and am experimenting with these on nearly everything.

I'm not asking for cheese substitutes in a SWYPO, cashews-and-nutritional-yeast sense. Just ideas for adding that extra bump of flavor and lusciousness to your meals without cheese. For example, guacamole on eggs, sliced avocado on meatza, a fried egg with a runny yolk on a burger patty, homemade mayo made with quality oil, Italian sausage crumbles instead of parmesan, stuff like that. Any other thoughts?

Your list is great and making me Whole30 happy. :) Who needs cheese!!

Archived