Cookies.....

It's day 13 and I'm doing great, feel great, looking great. Everything is great. Except..... cookies. All I can think about are cookies. Everything looks like a cookie, smells like cookies, everyone is eating a cookie every time I turn around. I dream about cookies almost every night to the point that in my dreams my friends are all yelling at me, "Put the cookies down!" To make things worse it's girlscout cookie time. Why do they strategically place themselves right where you will walk by them over and over and they ask over and over "Would you like to buy some girlscout cookies?" YES! I would love to, I want to scream. But I don't. Instead I put my hair in front of my face and book it past them. Sorry to be rude, girls, my willpower is only so strong!

I haven't cheated. I wont cheat. I'm making a lot of yummy food and working in a lot of variety. This is the most sustainable diet change I have ever made. I really do just LOVE cookies.

Last night I sliced up some yams, covered them in a little EVOO and baked them. It was kinda like a cookie but not. It was soft with a little bit of a crunch on the outside. It was also sweet. My friends doing W30 suggested sprinkling it with cinnamon next time. Sigh, I will try.

Does "cookies" count as a food group to reintroduce into my diet after the 30 days? (rhetorical question, just needing to share)

DIE COOKIE DRAGON, DIE!

• Moderators

Oh dear. I hear you. I was the biggest cookie monster I knew before Whole 30. Now I can walk right past them no problem. 

Here's the thing, though. Even though your sweet potato pseudo cookies are technically compliant, eating them will feed rather than starve your cookie dragon, as you call it. I suggest loading up on plenty of veggies, meat, and fat, and avoid any and all things that are reminiscent of cookies for you. It's the only way. And I promise: it will be worth it!

• Administrators

I agree with LadyM.  The more that you think about cookies the more you'll think about cookies.  It's self fulfilling, really.

You might try to be sure you are getting at least one meal a day of the starchy veggies (not in the shape of cookies) as these intense cravings for sugary/carby things can be your body calling out for carbs...which is not bad if those carbs are of the veggie variety.  :)

TaraLyn, for me, it's coffee and tea.  I'm not a big coffee drinker, but when I drink it, I like it light and sweetened.  So just the SMELL of coffee makes me think of sugary things.  And for tea...well, I'm a Southern gal...if it ain't sweetened, it ain't tea.  So every restaurant has people drinking sweet tea.  Go to someone's house and they say "Would you like some  sweet tea?"  Argh!!

For me, unsweetened tea would be SWYPO...except I don't like it, so don't drink it.  The way I get past it is to tell myself "30 days."  If, at the end of 30 days, I don't really want it, that's fine...I won't drink it.  But the CHOICE is there...(I only handle NO in limited doses)...just delayed.

Archived