Homemade mayo from my own chickens?

Whole30Sue

I live in the country and for the past year have raised eight free ranging chickens. Love my chickens. We let them out in the morning, they have 20 acres to roam all day, and back into safe coop at night. So I have no problem getting good eggs. BUT I am nervous to make mayo from them. I scramble and boil and even make over easy fried eggs with a runny yolk, so why am I still scared to make mayo? Even though I keep their environment clean and healthy I am still nervous about possible salmonella poisoning from raw eggs. Any help to get me past my fear?

Those who have the fear lightly coddle the egg to pasteurize it?  (something like that)  Anyway its totally not necessary, its something your either gona get over or don't enjoy the home made mayo.. 

Salmonella is also on the shell, not in the egg itself. If you are concerned, you can wash the eggs right before you use them and use caution not to get shell in your egg when you crack it. I have also been making mayo for years now with no ill effects! 

Archived