Starting April 13th

Bridge125

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about it ... I'm having to dodge company lunches and social events left and right, and walk down an aisle of office snacks daily to reach my whole30 grub in the fridge. I'm jumping on the chili bandwagon tonight because it looks delicious. If anyone has other recipes they recommend to break the monotony please share.

Hey me too with the extra hunger/monotony! I can't believe it but I ate up all my food!! And I'm not a newbie at this!! So shocking. I can totally understand going off-plan today. Weird. I think this is something I need to remember for advising future Whole30ers: "Right about Day 8-10ish, you're going to run out of food, or get bored with your food choices, or be invited to a pasta restaurant, or something will happen. So when you shop, buy an obnoxious amount of food and be ready for this phase!"

Fortunately, I brought extra food with me to work, but even so. All the fast food my college kids are bringing to class is making me a bit more jealous than I really ought to be. :ph34r: I told one kid (who clearly looked hungry) to put it down. :lol::ph34r:

I was just looking at a Whole30 timeline. It said days 10-11 tend to be the most difficult! I'm feeling it for sure! But knowing this makes me want to stay strong and get through these next couple of days. So hang in there everyone, we can do this!

Oiy?!?! What is this, a pity party? ;)

Not in THIS Whole30, darnit!!

Reject the timeline, folks; that's for other, less-disciplined, less-committed, less-AWESOME folks! Tiger blood is in your head, man.

138VVBZoHAU3Cw.gif

I had my slumpy grumpies the last few days...but Im feeling energized today. I bought TOO much food this week so Im having the opposite issue. I gotta freeze stuff so it wont go bad :-o.

Kirkor- LOL!!

I went to a bar with my friend tonight. And got some unsweetened iced tea. Yes, I watched my friend get buzzed and I didnt die a jealous death (although I thought I would at first). And I actually had fun anyway. I armed my pockets filled with Epic bars and one Lara bar (and yes, I ate one in the bathroom...not in the stall, ewww ;-)). I also ate a mini-meal before I left. I left feeling like Wonder Woman flying her invisible plane home. Now...to lasso some Tiger Blood! *Maybe Im getting to that stage because Im a little crazy today!

PS nomnompaleo's pistachio crusted salmon is pretty awesome (on her blog)! (Just gotta find compliant mustard)

I think my timeline is a little behind the "typical" timeline but I have been a sugar fiend my entire life (literally - my mom used to have to hide sweets from me when i was little.) so it makes sense. I'm still getting headaches in the evenings which I'm assuming are my brain saying, "I'm going to stab at your skull until you give me more sugar!!" BUT, i do have more energy, i don't get HANGRY, and I am starting to sleep better!

"Right about Day 8-10ish, you're going to run out of food, or get bored with your food choices, or be invited to a pasta restaurant, or something will happen. So when you shop, buy an obnoxious amount of food and be ready for this phase!"

Perfectly stated. Yeah, I had to make an extra emergency grocery run Monday night. And in anticipation of my usual weekly shopping tonight, I've been feverishly brainstorming meal combo ideas to get out of the all-things-in-a-bowl-with-mayo rut. Shrimp with chimichurri sauce... Cashew chicken... Cauliflower tuna cakes with balsamic reduction... Paleo meatloaf... 

You could have handled the first part - being off-site and cut off from your intended lunch - by having an emergency purse stash of nuts or lara bars, but it's hard to say "No thanks, I'll eat this stuff off the bottom of my purse" when the boss offers to buy you lunch. Oh, and I know I could probably have researched restaurant possibilities

I so love my fellow whole30ers! You always make it ok that I am only human after all! I usually would nit have had a problem throwing out the "no thanks" line (so funny, btw), but i only had my little wallet purse with me and it has ixnay room for emergency food. It's one of the things I need to shop for, but purse shopping is just so darn exhausting!

Afterwards I asked myself why I didn't just order the taco salad with no cheese and skip eating the shell. But that's what hunger does to me...it scrambles my brain. ;)

Doing much better today. I made a huge pot of the paleo sweet potato chili posted here a page or two back and am currently slurping it down for my lunch. And the usual veggie/egg/sausage scramble for breakfast set me up for a good day right from the start.

Hi friends!!!

I'm Sarah and I started 4/13 as well. Still doing great! Really enjoying prepping and cooking, sleeping really well, noticing many little non-scale victories and have a ton of energy. 

Questions for my fellow Day 11-ers:

Is anyone else unable to focus a bit? I am so easily distracted! I have a million things to get to on my desk and yet my checkbook distracts me, tonight's dinner, a co-worker, etc. And I can't stay in my seat! I am up walking all over the place. Pee...go get water...talk...walk...all over the place! I almost considered going and getting a job in like construction or something because the thought of this desk with my new found energy is daunting!

Second...and totally not to be TMI. I don't know if it is the veggies I am choosing...too much red meat...not enough fruit...I really don't know but I seem to have entered the "constantly holding in gas" phase! I read the time line and it seems like these are the days where some toxins and such are still leaving your body. Maybe this is that?! Wow seriously afraid to laugh and or sneeze sometimes because I could seriously embarrass me self. Anyone else?

I also finally ran in to my first craving today. It is bring your child to work day and in our kitchen a little girl had peanut butter and jelly on white bread and a glass of cold milk and oh man! I wanted it soooo bad. Apparently now I am also a 5 year old. *sigh* a sammie and a glass of milk. I will not ruin my progress for this obviously but it did sound delicious to me a little while ago. Instead I am here drinking my water and b*tching about it to you fine people. 

Hellooooo Day 11!

I'm feeling great today, especially in contrast to yesterday. I had absolutely no energy. I'm not yet accustomed to preparing the appropriate amount of food while working out. I normally exercise fasted first thing in the morning and then eat breakfast immediately after, however I read somewhere that I should eat before my workout. So I tried that, but didn't have a chance to eat a post-workout meal and lunch was simply too little too late. I think that when I work out in the morning I will do so in a fasted state.

Today, energy levels are back up and I am looking forward to farmer's market tonight to grab some fresh veg.

Today's meal plan:

Breakfast: ground beef and veg quiche with sundried tomato and spaghetti squash "crust"

Lunch: turkey burger with sautéed zucchini, peppers, and onions; spinach salad with balsamic vinegar

Dinner: I'm thinking steak and mushrooms...

Cheers!

Oh, and regarding the cravings... I feel it too! It's "lab week" and I work in a clinical lab so this week we have been getting all kinda of food delivered- one day it was Chinese food, another it was cake, today it was potluck day with ice cream from a local creamery! Aghhh and my coworker offered me Reese's Oreos (apparently that's a thing!!!) what is going on?? Haha but it's okay, because I have the best defense: "I'm on Whole30" ...BOOM! That is my armor. Idk how, but it completely removes the temptations and replaces them with determination. (As I've been writing this, FOUR coworkers have reminded me to get ice cream HA!)

Hi friends!!!

I'm Sarah and I started 4/13 as well. Still doing great! Really enjoying prepping and cooking, sleeping really well, noticing many little non-scale victories and have a ton of energy. 

Questions for my fellow Day 11-ers:

Is anyone else unable to focus a bit? I am so easily distracted! I have a million things to get to on my desk and yet my checkbook distracts me, tonight's dinner, a co-worker, etc. And I can't stay in my seat! I am up walking all over the place. Pee...go get water...talk...walk...all over the place! I almost considered going and getting a job in like construction or something because the thought of this desk with my new found energy is daunting!

Second...and totally not to be TMI. I don't know if it is the veggies I am choosing...too much red meat...not enough fruit...I really don't know but I seem to have entered the "constantly holding in gas" phase! I read the time line and it seems like these are the days where some toxins and such are still leaving your body. Maybe this is that?! Wow seriously afraid to laugh and or sneeze sometimes because I could seriously embarrass me self. Anyone else?

I also finally ran in to my first craving today. It is bring your child to work day and in our kitchen a little girl had peanut butter and jelly on white bread and a glass of cold milk and oh man! I wanted it soooo bad. Apparently now I am also a 5 year old. *sigh* a sammie and a glass of milk. I will not ruin my progress for this obviously but it did sound delicious to me a little while ago. Instead I am here drinking my water and b*tching about it to you fine people. 

Cruciferous veggies like cauliflower and broccoli can cause this (for me, I can't even be in the room with cauliflower, even if it's very well cooked). Nuts can also cause gastric distress. Peppers, celery, carrots - especially raw. Some folks are sensitive to coconut. If you're consuming any of these things in greater quantities than before, and especially if raw, that might be the culprit.

Oh my goodness, I had the worlds best mango tonight! So juicy, sweet, and perfectly ripe! I'm glad I only bought one though or I could have easily eaten a few more. I haven't had hardly any fruit these past 11 days so this was a nice treat. It's kinda neat to think of fruit as a treat and something to look forward to, rather than taking it for granted eating it all the time and then looking forward to sugary garbage stuff instead.

Happy day 12 friends!!!!!!!

Small headache this morning but also ravenously hungry. obviously didn't eat enough last night. my energy definitely took a noticeable dip yesterday, I was in bed by 8!

ready to face the day though. happy Friday!!

going down the shore this weekend to see my family. definitely bringing some good healthy food with me. my Irish family are definitely big eaters. wish me luck and have a great weekend!!

Hi SarahRoseyCheeks! Im also having some inability to focus...either I feel energetic (and my brain is jumping all over the place) or super tired (slumped over my desk...whaaat?). And gas...yup, I got that too. ;-)

I did NOT drink enough water yesterday which made my afternoon unproductive and evening workout really tough :P. Think Spongebob out of water, "I dont need water...water is for quitters!". Apparently, I need more water!

Im having my moments of...why the hell am I doing this...but now that we've made it to Day 12 (almost halfway) I dont wanna quit now! Thinking of trying some more creative recipes thid weekend. Happy Friday!!

Got the folks in town and they are big on going out to eat for like every meal ... between W30 and Project X, I told them I'd be happy to tag along for the company but I'll probably just be watching them eat. :)

Got the folks in town and they are big on going out to eat for like every meal ... between W30 and Project X, I told them I'd be happy to tag along for the company but I'll probably just be watching them eat. :)

I wonder how to make this work in the future. I feel like restaurants are "trying" to create healthier menus but they tend to add sugar where sugar isn't necessary. I wish you luck as I am down with my family this weekend also. I intend on bringing my own food options and to hell with anyone's opinion. I get restaurants are harder though. I give you crazy points on your will power to just sit there. At least you are still spending time with them!

I give you crazy points on your will power to just sit there. At least you are still spending time with them!

I've had extra practice since I don't eat breakfast, so for those meals I'm already used to just having coffee while they do their other stuff.

Speaking of yummy breakfast, since it's a.m. here how about some good breakfast pics?

Fajita-Omelet.jpg

Meatcake.jpg

My-Fascinating-Life-Caroline-Calcote-234

Fiesta-Breakfast-Bowl-1000px-wm-640x423.

Those breakfasts look great!  Mine aren't so pretty, but they are yummy.  I pretty much do scrambled eggs every morning.  But I change it up and add in different veggies.  Today was mushrooms onions and spinach cooked in ghee.  Have a great day 12 everyone!!

I had a smoothie this morning (dun dun duhhhhhhhh!). The dreaded smoothie. I had to be at work crazy early this morning for a meeting and between nervous knots and the early hour it was all my stomach was willing to take. 

I did, however, just have some leftovers I brought with me. A small piece of Plantain meat pie I made the other night, the last of the purple potatoes with peppers and onions and a slice of london broil left over. Feeling re-energized now. 

Had my food monotony tamed yesterday by my lovely lady who brought home a variety of sashimi for dinner ... what a treat! I used coconut aminos, instead of soy sauce, but sure missed the wasabi in there. This is a good potential dining out option if you like sushi.

We've decided to treat ourselves a little special Friday nights so tonight we're making spring rolls with shrimp, cucumber, carrots, mango, avocado, basil and mint, all wrapped in romaine. For dipping, I've been experimenting with a peanut sauce substitute using almond butter. This sounds on the lighter side so I might end up eating a dozen of these.

Archived