"Stupid Girl Moment" - Need a loving knock in the head from the ladies&

baltomom86

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are my first moments with Whole30.  When I heard of it my eyes watered with joy.  I am newly 60, newly retired.  For many years I have been unable to eat dairy, beans, cabbage, broccoli, soy and such.  I had my gallbladder removed many years ago and fatty things don't digest.  I am somewhat forced to a reasonably healthy diet but end up eating more bread and sweets. Last week I was told that I have a dissected carotid artery and it will take time to heal. (from swimming)  I no longer care what I weigh, I just want to be healthy.  Going to resturants basicly means I feel lousy for the day after. I opened this book to find that nearly ALL the recipes need NO alteration !!!  Sweet JOY !!!  The depression lifts with this possiblity !  I do not see this as 30 days...I see it as my forever !   

To you young things out there.....be happy that your body works....no matter if you have space between your thighs or small boobs or curly hair or whatever you have been convinced, by whatever source, you should have.   Life itself is precious.  Eating in a healthy manner allows you to LIVE the gift that it is.  Look in the mirror and see the miracle that YOU are and then take care of you, because no one else knows you better than YOU. 

To you young things out there.....be happy that your body works....no matter if you have space between your thighs or small boobs or curly hair or whatever you have been convinced, by whatever source, you should have.   Life itself is precious.  Eating in a healthy manner allows you to LIVE the gift that it is.  Look in the mirror and see the miracle that YOU are and then take care of you, because no one else knows you better than YOU. 

toothfairy... Thank you for writing this ^^^

• 3 weeks later...

This continues to horrify me as the day goes along. These are a bunch of pictures of headless bodies celebrating the fact that they are so skinny that even their underwear are too big.  Are ya frigging KIDDING?!

heck I can solve the underwear thing, just buy them too big! :D:lol: :lol: :D:lol::D:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Baltomom, I hereby invite you to edit your title. You are not a Stupid Girl having a Moment, nor do you require knocking on your head.

You are:

Intelligent

Savvy

Funny

Articulate

(add more things here)

Woman

Person

Human being

Resident of planet earth

You are not having a moment,

You are having a struggle with internalized oppression, and you are intelligent enough to reach out for support, to be reminded that you didn't start this fire.

You do not need a head knock,

You do need constant gentle, loving, and respectful treatment from everyone.

:wub:

That there is my political rant for the afternoon. Fight the power! Love yourself!

Amy S - THANK YOU! "having a struggle with internalised oppression" - YES.

And thanks for couching it as an invitation. I really got it.

K x

Archived