Why...Starbucks...why?!

My boss offered to buy us all coffee or tea this morning...I asked for a iced green tea, no sweetener.  We even all wrote down our order for her yesterday to hand the barista to minimize confusion....there is also only 5 of us so nothing too crazy.

*sigh*

I am so glad I didn't just suck it down like I usually would...guess I had a feeling something would be wrong.  I took one sip when the drinks got back to the office and ended up spitting it right back out because it was waaaaaay sweetened.  Probably even more so than I would have sweetened it myself in the past...I'm going to have to find a way to dump the thing without my boss noticing...I don't want her to feel bad since it isn't her fault, and there is no way to take it back since our office is in the middle of nowhere and she grabbed them on her way in.

Oh well...plain ol regular hot green tea for me today...

post-67689-0-57134800-1429896022_thumb.j

i ordered a club soda at a bar a few days ago.  The waiter is notoriously horrible so I was really worried that he was going to bring me Sprite. I was sniffing it and ended up taking a super tiny sip just to make sure!

I think most people assume that they have to ask for sweetener if they want it in iced tea, but that isn't the case for Starbucks (iced coffee too) it is sweetened by default. It is possible she didn't know that. I've also ordered unsweetened before and gotten it sweetened anyway. Once I sipped, spit, and marched right back in the store. The 2nd time I was watching her make it and I got her attention and asked her what she was pouring in and reminded her it was unsweetened. *sigh*

I think most people assume that they have to ask for sweetener if they want it in iced tea, but that isn't the case for Starbucks (iced coffee too) it is sweetened by default. It is possible she didn't know that. I've also ordered unsweetened before and gotten it sweetened anyway. Once I sipped, spit, and marched right back in the store. The 2nd time I was watching her make it and I got her attention and asked her what she was pouring in and reminded her it was unsweetened. *sigh*

Absolutely correct.    Ooooo, and the new smoothies, they won't tell you how much sugar in those either.

Yep...which is why we all wrote our order down so the barista would know.   I rarely go to Starbucks even when I am not doing this.  I prefer to make my own, or support a small local chain who doesn't keep things premixed, etc.  I just felt bad that my boss had treated us and then I couldn't drink it. But, what she doesn't know can't hurt right?  :)

Archived