Robin Strathdee

Whole9 Director of Communications

•  
  • Administrators
  • w9team.png
  • 2822 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Missouri

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hi there! My advice to you would be to pay close attention to what you're eating, in case you've come across a sensitivity, but to just ride it out for a little while longer. Oftentimes people experience a roller coaster effect with their program, sometimes seeing a short resurgence of problems before they go away for good. In behavioral terms, we'd call that an extinction burst. I'm not sure if there's a physiological equivalent, but for some folks there seems to be. Give it a few days and keep us posted! 
  •  
- Robin
  •  
  •  

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a Whole 30, you feel great and relaxed.  Falling back into old habits after a Whole 30 will soon diminish the positive effect that a Whole 30 has on the mind and health.

Body and mind profit 

When it's time for your personal management plan and strategy: first and foremost, it is important to smoothly transition from Whole 30 to Reintroduction to eating what's normal for you.  Starting with those three Whole 30 meals that we've all learned to love.  These will take care of your body and soul.

Then gradually add regular food groups that your body can handle.  Always make sure to keep eating plenty of vegetables.  Eat balanced whole meals, reduce your sugar intake and keep the fat intake.  Find exercise that you enjoy on your own terms that will keep you on the right track. 

I love to type with the music and visit with you.   It's like I'm playing music, singing and typing all at the same time.  Try it.   Write a reply with the rhythm of the music.  It will help you retain the feeling of our Happy Awareness from the Whole 30.

Almost 24 million people suffer from diabetes in the United States.  A Whole 30 can help you prevent that from ever happening to you.   I wish I had known about the Whole 30 when I was a kid.  I know I would have retained these good habits throughout my life.   I've always loved health food stores and brightly colored packages.

What is this thread?

It's out of the abundance of the heart and my love for everything that's  Whole 30.   You can say that I've drunk the "kool-aid" but I don't care.   Come heck or high water....I'm going on folkaronies.  :D  :lol:  :D 

Muscles are an important foundation of our body.   Inner calmness positively influences brain activity, muscle tension, blood pressure and circulation. 

A Whole 30 leads you to a quick state of relaxation.  I was sleeping harder than I've ever slept in my life within 2 weeks.   Close your eyes, listen to your inner voice,  pay attention to the calm.  Being in a great mood even when you are not eating  :D is another positive side effect of the Whole 30.  There is an inner balance and serenity that comes.

It is related to the release of hormones and decreased hunger.  These same hormones diminish fear and depression.  Most everyone notices their mood improving after about 21 days.  The production of serotonin increases which causes inner harmony and satisfaction.   I call it the Euphoria Bump.

I hope you've experienced the Euphoria Bump.....Tiger Blood.  :D  :lol: 

No shakey shakey here --- tooo far away from SF to feel anything. BUT I was in the Bay Area when the Loma Prada quake hit in 89 -- talking about rocking and rolling! Light poles bending left and right nearly hitting the ground, cars just bouncing, literally. My dad worked in SF and luckily he was coming home early for the World Series, but a gal he worked with was on the last train that left SF before the quake. Scary scary stuff. The Nimitz freeway pancaking...  We have had some quakes here in NV but not to the extent that was. 

Hi DCDUCKS and everybody else

Today is Day 5 .....having a great time enjoying REAL FOOD not food I can't pronounce.

Don't feel like I'm missing out on anything...maybe because I modified my eating habits in a healthier way not exactly like this program 6 months ago but more than closer to 60% similar to the Whole 30

Sharing all the POSITIVENESS with yo'all and look forward to GREAT dialog

Farley

Hi DCDUCKS and everybody else

Today is Day 5 .....having a great time enjoying REAL FOOD not food I can't pronounce.

Don't feel like I'm missing out on anything...maybe because I modified my eating habits in a healthier way not exactly like this program 6 months ago but more than closer to 60% similar to the Whole 30

Sharing all the POSITIVENESS with yo'all and look forward to GREAT dialog

Farley

Keep up the good work. W30 is awesome

Oh switch to decaf coffee one black cup. I did before I gave it up. Might help that way you'll still hold the cup but lose the buzz. Then you lol probably quit altogether.

I'm about 12.5 hours without coffee. So I"m holding strong.. hold the applause until it's been a week.

Archived