Need a dish for potluck dinner

Lorilou

My womens group is meeting this sunday and the table is usually filled with cookies, cakes and other

non compliant foods. Anyone have any quick & easy dishes that would make a meal for me ?

Lorilou

• Moderators

You could do something like a frittata or a crustless quiche, that would get you protein and some vegetables. If you were okay with taking your own protein and wanted to contribute just a vegetable, you could do something like Belly Dance Beet Salad or Sweet and Salty Broccoli Salad (this one's harder -- finding compliant bacon and compliant raisins can be tricky, but it is good) -- I've made both of those for potlucks at work and everyone liked them. Or maybe something like tuna or chicken salad in hollowed out cucumber slices.

• Moderators

Great ideas so far!

• Wrap steamed asparagus in compliant prosciutto (much easier to find than bacon)
  • Mini egg frittatas (the mini-muffin pan comes in handy here, line it with a small slice of prosciutto first)

Ooh! Looks like Melissa Joulwan just posted a helpful piece on what to bring to potlucks

(A few of her ideas might not be appropriate for you on a Whole30, but most of them are good to go.)

Archived