Noncompliant Foods to Consume on a Regular Basis (Post W30)

I'm still on my w30, but I'm trying to prepare for the post w30 phase. I learned that consuming soy and gluten on a regular basis is not really healthy for anyone (thanks missmary). But, what about other food groups? Are there any noncompliant foods that's healthy to consume on a regular basis assuming that our body doesn't have any negative reaction to it? 

Full fat dairy and properly cooked legumes might fall into this catagory, if, upon proper reintroduction, you experience no issues personally.

I can't think of any other foods that are nutrient dense that are not allowed on a Whole 30. Maybe a mod or someone else more educated than I will have more answers...

• Moderators

This really is a personal choice that should be informed by your own research, and most importantly, reintroductions. No need to jump the gun at this point. Do your reintroductions and then start thinking about what's worth it to include on a regular basis for your body in your particular context. 

Bottom line: what's "healthy to consume on a regular basis" is a case by case scenario.

• Moderators

If a food were generally "healthy to consume on a regular basis" it would be included in the Whole30. All the foods that are excluded make you less healthy whether you experience a noticeable reaction to them or not when you eat them. The book It Starts With Food explains how this works. There are a variety of reasons that you might choose to include foods that do not measure up to Whole30 standards in your diet, but health is not one of them. 

Archived