31 Days, No weight loss, Possible to overeat?

Thanks so much! You do not have to participate in the screening, but almost every one does because who doesn't want cheaper health insurance? I've come to now depend on it. but yeah, four months post partum, this made me feel really horrible about myself. I gained 36 lbs in my pregnancy, 20ish was gone by the time I left the hospital. I've been stuck with these remaining lbs ever since. I did lose 11 lbs at the beginning of the year but I think that was the thyroid medicine kicking in.

You guys rock. Thanks for lifting me up today.

Oh, trust me, I understand going for whatever the company asks of you in order to get cheaper health insurance! My complaint is not about your behavior, but about their priorities: make a really stressful work environment worse by using inaccurate measures of health in order to offer people the possibility of cheaper health insurance, which they'll be needing of course since they'll have more work-stress-related illnesses to deal with... lather, rinse, repeat. (That's been my general experience of employer-sponsored health insurance anyway - work a stressful job to get it, only to discover that, dagbanit, now you're stressed so you need it!)

Most importantly, glad you're feeling better. :wub:

Hey Mama!

I have diabetes and hashi's decided to come along for the ride-- I have been doing this for a LOT longer than 30 days, and just in the last 6-8 months, I have dropped 50 pounds and have had my insulin dialed back. Those of us with these lovely autoimmune diseases take a bit longer to reach that golden spot. Keep at it-- listen to all that wonderful advice and revel in the fact that you have lost inches and you are getting healthier! I would do like Meadow suggests and find a hill, or tuck your little one into her stroller and strap a backpack on with some weight in it (I once had someone suggest like 20 pounds to me, but you do what is best for you!) and go for your walks. You WILL get there, you will, it will just take a bit more time.

Are you feeling better?  

Thanks for sharing your weight loss story. I really needed that.

How long have you been doing this? I'm aiming for 100 days, but wondering if should go longer? About a month after my 100 ends, I'm going on vacation to Disney. Not sure how easy Whole30 type eating would be there, and I honestly don't want to stress on a once in a lifetime vacation. however, I don't want to go nuts either. *sigh*

I am feeling better. A good bit better!

I have been doing this for going on 3 years--my 3rd anniversary is in August. So I was at it at least 18 months before the weight loss really kicked in. I was doing primal and paleo before, so it wasn't that big of a change to keep on with Whole30. I have off roaded a few times during the 3 years, but have stuck to eating this way every chance I get.

Your trip to Disney-- make sure you have done your reintros and know what you can eat with out giving you issues. Without stress, do the best you can, and then come right back to it when you get home. 

• Moderators

Disney actually has some options. They are aware of allergies and offer gluten free options. You will want to choose your restaurants ahead of time and call ahead to determine what you can eat/have them prepare some options.

I believe they also have an option if you call ahead to allow you to bring your own food in if you have allergies. Don't worry, they are not going to ask for a doctor's note.

Hey lady - I had to respond because I can relate to you oh.so.much.

First, our babies are about the same age it sounds like! I had my 3rd last year in May, which was only a year after my 2nd child (almost to the day). And my first was born less than 2 years before that. Three kids in less than 4 years has done a number on my body (plus miscarriages, etc.). I also suffer from autoimmune illnesses. After my last was born, around the 3 month mark and returning to work (in an extremely stressful environment where I didn't have a day off for weeks on end), I suddenly gained somewhere between 20-30lbs and since that point in time my weight has done nothing but go up. I resorted back to monitoring my eating, making sure I was eating reasonable meals, started doing some light exercise and my weight continued to rise. I'm actually higher now than I was at the peak of my pregnancy. There have been a lot of tears. I saw several doctors and despite all signs pointing to a thyroid problem, the blood work said otherwise and I was left to "keep doing what I was doing." Except what I was doing meant I was still gaining weight, even if it had slowed down. About 6 weeks ago I threw down the money to join a gym and hired a personal trainer. I had been toying around with the idea of doing the Whole30 to just reset and see if I can try to start from a better place but wanted to get in the habit of working out again first. Guess what? Weight still went up slightly but certainly didn't come off.

I get your frustration. Boy do I get it. I am only on day 4 of the Whole30 but I have never felt determination to make my health better than I have ever felt in my life as I do now. Just know you aren't alone. I don't have words of advice because it is a huge struggle for me to not value myself based on the number on the scale. I know how insanely frustrating it is to watch my husband make minor adjustments to his diet and drop 20lbs like it was nothing. But I have to believe this is the path to better health. 

You are doing amazing things and you *are* seeing results! Keep going and be proud :)

Hey lady - I had to respond because I can relate to you oh.so.much.

First, our babies are about the same age it sounds like! I had my 3rd last year in May, which was only a year after my 2nd child (almost to the day). And my first was born less than 2 years before that. Three kids in less than 4 years has done a number on my body (plus miscarriages, etc.). I also suffer from autoimmune illnesses. After my last was born, around the 3 month mark and returning to work (in an extremely stressful environment where I didn't have a day off for weeks on end), I suddenly gained somewhere between 20-30lbs and since that point in time my weight has done nothing but go up. I resorted back to monitoring my eating, making sure I was eating reasonable meals, started doing some light exercise and my weight continued to rise. I'm actually higher now than I was at the peak of my pregnancy. There have been a lot of tears. I saw several doctors and despite all signs pointing to a thyroid problem, the blood work said otherwise and I was left to "keep doing what I was doing." Except what I was doing meant I was still gaining weight, even if it had slowed down. About 6 weeks ago I threw down the money to join a gym and hired a personal trainer. I had been toying around with the idea of doing the Whole30 to just reset and see if I can try to start from a better place but wanted to get in the habit of working out again first. Guess what? Weight still went up slightly but certainly didn't come off.

I get your frustration. Boy do I get it. I am only on day 4 of the Whole30 but I have never felt determination to make my health better than I have ever felt in my life as I do now. Just know you aren't alone. I don't have words of advice because it is a huge struggle for me to not value myself based on the number on the scale. I know how insanely frustrating it is to watch my husband make minor adjustments to his diet and drop 20lbs like it was nothing. But I have to believe this is the path to better health. 

You are doing amazing things and you *are* seeing results! Keep going and be proud :)

Thank you so much!!!! yep, that sounds a lot like me!!!

best of luck on your Whole30. You can do it! I think you will find that you feel a lot better !

Progress pics progress pics progress pics!!  I am a firm believer that the scale is not the best way to judge weight loss.  I highly suggest taking progress photos once a week or every 2 weeks.  You may think you're not losing weight, but you'll be able to see the progress in the photos.  For me, I judge my weight loss or gain based on how my clothes fit. I don't care what the scale says as long as my pants aren't tight.  If you're finding your pants fit better, that's a good sign!  If you're trying to do Whole 30 for weight loss, I might suggest adding more to your workouts than just walking for 30 minutes a day.

Archived