Frozen fruit usage ideas?

heatherhactenus

I inherited 3 bags of frozen fruit - peach, blueberry, and mixed berry - shortly before the time I started my current W30 from a friend who was moving, and they've been sitting in my freezer for weeks since I have no idea what to do with them. I don't want them to go to waste, so I'm hoping some of the experts 'round these parts might have some creative ideas.

Per the Hartwigs' advice online and in their books, I don't want to make smoothies, and I don't want to make anything that could be deemed SWYPO. I'm also following the AIP grocery template in hopes of helping my psoriasis, so that rules out a few other items that I would have thought to pair the fruit with.

Does anyone have suggestions? I'm thinking maybe some kind of sweet/spicy meat or fish glaze would be nice, but without being able to add nightshade-family spices into the mix, I'm not sure what I could use to give it a kick (this is all still very new to me!). Or maybe there's something else completely different I'm not thinking of. I'm trying to avoid simply defrosting and consuming them as they are (especially the berries); it would be nice to use them in the context of a recipe.

I have a lovely plum sauce recipe (I'm sure you could use peaches no problem) I use it for topping off meatballs.

Roughly chop approx. 1 peach

1 cup of water

1/4 cup pineapple juice

1/2 tsp grated ginger (add more or less - depending on taste)

2 tbsp. coconut aminos

2 cloves of minced garlic

salt to taste

dash of mace to add a bit of pepperiness

Basically put everything in a sauce pan and boil/simmer until the peach breaks down and you get it to the consistency that you like.

Maybe try a BBQ sauce with the berries (Like Nom Nom's cherry BBQ sauce - sub the berries in for the cherries)- or a nice flavoured balsamic reduction to drizzle over steak.... hmmmmm

Peach BBQ sauce I know you said that you are on AIP, so just skip tomato paste and adjust the acidity to your taste. 

Blueberry Brussel Sprouts or you can add them to the ground meat and make breakfast sausage/patties. 

As for the mixed berry bag, you can make an awesome dressing for your salads. Blend oil, herbs and balsamic or something like this. I imagine it will go amazing with greens and chicken on a ho day. 

Last but not least, leave it until the end of whole 30 :)

Archived